Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 03:35 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Spirit was not yet given, thus, many lacked knowledge and understanding. If she had understood, she would have asked him for more, to comprehend that the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. But your theology doesn't include the whole earth, just special people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 03:35 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Stop it right now in the name of Jesus of perverting the gospels the Apostles preached( including Paulie). Not once do we see eternal hell preached with the good news, you are in denial not to admit this is a fact if you have ever read the book of Acts
From Paul...

2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 - 5 This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed--for our testimony to you was believed.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you consider yourself an atheist with no faith, just say so.
Don't make assumptions about what others believe or attempt to put words in their mouth, if I was an atheist I would have said so, without shame or remorse.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-28-2018 at 03:50 PM..

Old 05-28-2018, 03:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From Paul...

2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 - 5 This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed--for our testimony to you was believed.
Again, i will ask you, why eternal hell was none existent in the preaching of the gospel by the Apostles. They had a clear agenda given to them by Jesus, why did they or why would they leave the eternal hell part of evangelical christianity utterly and complete out of it?. Admit it, it is not there, i have read the book of Acts more times than i can remember and eternal hell is in the preaching of the gospel, the only thing you could say why it was left out was, the hearer obviously new they were eternal hell bound so it was given. They you are, i have just given you a made up lie to deceive the world with. You know you are eternally hell bound, so believe Jesus came to save you from it.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:10 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Again, i will ask you, why eternal hell was none existent in the preaching of the gospel by the Apostles. They had a clear agenda given to them by Jesus, why did they or why would they leave the eternal hell part of evangelical christianity utterly and complete out of it?. Admit it, it is not there, i have read the book of Acts more times than i can remember and eternal hell is in the preaching of the gospel, the only thing you could say why it was left out was, the hearer obviously new they were eternal hell bound so it was given. They you are, i have just given you a made up lie to deceive the world with. You know you are eternally hell bound, so believe Jesus came to save you from it.
I think I have provided you with enough info.

If you want to feel good that there is no specific mention of this Acts or the Apocryha... go for it.

Outcome Based Christianity... flee from it because it reduces you to this type reasoning.

Believe in Jesus Christ - His death for our sins, and His physical resurrection to new life.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
I think I have provided you with enough info.

If you want to feel good that there is no specific mention of this Acts or the Apocryha... go for it.

Outcome Based Christianity... flee from it because it reduces you to this type reasoning.

Believe in Jesus Christ - His death for our sins, and His physical resurrection to new life.
Don't tell lies Drob, show me where you have quoted from the book of Acts, the Apostles including in the message given to them BY JESUS, the threat of eternal hell for not believing like you do.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't make assumptions about what others believe or attempt to put words in their mouth, if I was an atheist I would have said so, without shame or remorse.
I ask, because I dont know. At this point I have no idea what your point is.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:19 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:1-8 - 1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

Paul provides the gospel message that is able to save any human being when it is received.

Jesus Christ died for our sins.

He was buried.

He was raised to new life. The raising to new life was a physical resurrection, being that He was seen by hundreds of people (minimum).

Believe this and God will ensure your salvation.
But Jesus said to continue in His word and teaching which Paul never did.

Paul the deceiver was an impostor.

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above."

Old 05-28-2018, 04:39 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Read the Terms of Service at city-data.com for the Christianity forum. It's a given that Jesus exists on this forum.
I have not questioned the claim that Jesus existed. I am questioning the claim that his corpse came back to life and then flew away.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:45 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I have not questioned the claim that Jesus existed. I am questioning the claim that his corpse came back to life and then flew away.
If He was not resurrected, then He would not be God, but a liar like yourself. So, you are questioning the existence of God/Jesus on a Christian forum.

Terms of Service: This is the Christianity forum, where we discuss issues about Christianity. Obviously, the existence of God/Jesus is a given in such discussions, so arguments against the existence of God are off topic in the Christianity forum. Please confine any such discussions to the main Religion & Spirituality forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity