Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I said that (bolded above).

Without the Bible, you would not know the teachings of Jesus.
I find it hilarious that those who hate God's word and pick and choose their preference in it use it all the time. Especially that which they don't believe or agree with.
But your right, jimmie, none of these individuals would know who and what Jesus is and what the gospel is about if it wasn't for the Bible, you know that book the Bible, well, it has to be opened and read in order to know what it's about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, some will be in the Kingdom of God, and some who will not be there.

Many will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Let that sink in.
That scripture scgraham posted is so plain and simple to read and understand! And top it off it is Jesus speaking His very own words from the Father and still denied and spoken that it's all a lie.

Quote:
What kind of person would celebrate people being chased away from Christ?

The good thing is that you have no way of knowing how many are drawn in as opposed from being chased away.

Keep up the good work Jimmie!
1. Well, I know definitely not the ppl of Christ.

2. You are correct, Finn, no one knows the heart of another and who is drawn or chased away. That is a God thing. And to think otherwise is arrogant and putting self at the level of God's business.

3. Yes, jimmie, keep up the good work !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Yes, some will be in the Kingdom of God, and some who will not be there.

Many will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Let that sink in.

For even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,

You have to hate God and the bible not to see that this is not referring to some in Adam and some in Christ.

If you cannot see that it is saying just as in Adam all die, likewise the same all will be made alive in Christ , them you are in rebellion and stiffnecked towards the will of God.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How many disciples have you made on this forum, or anywhere else.
Because from what I hear and see, more are being chased away?
Quote:

The good thing is that you have no way of knowing how many are drawn in as opposed from being chased away.

Keep up the good work Jimmie!
I didn't leave the Church because of the Bible or that of being opposed to it. I left because of the fundamentalists and their lack of comprehension, that qualifies as knowing. And nothing was said about "celebrating" anything, where do you come up with this stuff? I know, you add to, and take away as you see fit - to support your conclusions which most of the time is utter nonsense.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I didn't leave the Church because of the Bible or that of being opposed to it. I left because of the fundamentalists and their lack of comprehension, that qualifies as knowing. And nothing was said about "celebrating" anything, where do you come up with this stuff? I know, you add to, and take away as you see fit - to support your conclusions which most of the time is utter nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
2. You are correct, Finn, no one knows the heart of another and who is drawn or chased away. That is a God thing. And to think otherwise is arrogant and putting self at the level of God's business.
If I know what chased me away, then how can you have the audacity to say otherwise?
But you are correct, know one knows the heart of another except the person themselves.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:07 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

For even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive,

You have to hate God and the bible not to see that this is not referring to some in Adam and some in Christ.

If you cannot see that it is saying just as in Adam all die, likewise the same all will be made alive in Christ , them you are in rebellion and stiffnecked towards the will of God.
My friend, the rascal has been reading the Radical Unbelievers Bible and has chosen Plan b-

Just when Rose thought pas radically means all...oh I give up!

P.S. How does one get on the ignore list, and where is it, pray tell?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I find it hilarious that those who hate God's word and pick and choose their preference in it use it all the time. Especially that which they don't believe or agree with.
But your right, jimmie, none of these individuals would know who and what Jesus is and what the gospel is about if it wasn't for the Bible, you know that book the Bible, well, it has to be opened and read in order to know what it's about.
It is evident the Master of reconciliation no longer needs to open one's understanding to grasp what is so simple and clear!

Yes indeed the Master's words are "so plain and simple to read and understand!"

I will bet you have read the book "KNOW THE WORDS OF JESUS & KNOW THE BIBLE IN 30 DAYS."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-29-2018 at 02:27 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 02:42 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My friend, the rascal has been reading the Radical Unbelievers Bible and has chosen Plan b-

Just when Rose thought pas radically means all...oh I give up!

P.S. How does one get on the ignore list, and where is it, pray tell?
Ah Rose you have been corrected on this in the other thread but alas you failed there and started another one and now are here perpetuating the same misunderstandings.

The passage in I Cor. is talking about ALL THOSE IN CHRIST not every single person.

You should avail yourself of what Paul said in Eph.1 where he clearly talks about this resurrection for those IN CHRIST. The only way you are in Christ is via faith.

Also, you need to avail yourself of what John said in 5:28-29 - all will be resurrected, even those not in Christ - those will be resurrected to damnation.

Do not be amazed at this, because a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out – the ones who have done what is good to the resurrection resulting in life, and the ones who have done what is evil to the resurrection resulting in condemnation.

But you go ahead and continue to rip the context apart and wallow in your desires

Old 05-29-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The passage in I Cor. is talking about ALL THOSE IN CHRIST not every single person.
Sorry friend, every single one in Adam 1 is the exact number in the Last Adam! Both sides of the equation are in complete harmony. Adam1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Last Adam.

" From Him the all come, through Him the all exists, and in Him the all ends"

Again Shiloh, ta pante= the all

Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry friend, every single one in Adam 1 is the exact number in the Last Adam! Both sides of the equation are in complete harmony. Adam1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Last Adam.

Actually friend, the glory in the Last Adam eclipses everything that sin and despair has created in the first! All dimensions of the heavens, the earth and the underworld "shall be delivered."

Apostle St. Peter's view

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Indeed, this is the reason the good news was also preached to the dead. This happened so that, although they were judged as humans according to human standards, they could live by the Spirit according to divine standards"

"We must all die, and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again. But the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored." literally (for the banished to not be banished.)

Old 05-29-2018, 03:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

Again, ignore the context of Paul's teachings and of John if you want. Your argument does not even make any sense - all people whether they believed in Christ are going to be resurrected to life.

Paul is talking about those in Christ at his coming. There is an order. There is also according to John a contrast between life and condemnation - two different types of result from the resurrection.

But again, I can't help the willingly ignorant.

Oh yeah, there is no definite article in the I Cor.15:22 passage - it is not 'the all.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity