Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do I believe Jesus is the only way to heaven ? Do you have a scripture that state that? Of cause you don’t unless you believe being saved is being saved from hell to heaven, which I’m sure you do believe. Now show me a scripture that states clearly that you are saved from hell. I will PayPal you a $1000 right now if you show me one verse of scripture that actually says that Jesus Christ saved you from the hell you obviously believe in. You are saved from sin(missing the mark) so that you are no longer owned by it so you can live how God intended for you , in love , joy and peace.
of course, it's a basic tenant of Christianity.

John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” He is not a way, as in one of many; He is the way, as in the one and only. No one, regardless of reputation, achievement, special knowledge, or personal holiness, can come to God the Father except through Jesus.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html

I'm not judging you my friend, but if you haven't put your faith in Jesus Christ as your savior and acknowledged that he died on the cross for your sinS, then I'm afraid that you're not a Christian. But it's not too late to do just that!

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 08-18-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
He doesn't fit into your doctrinal box, does he?

Let me translate for you:
Answer to question 1: It is possible to live without being concerned about "sin" until you realize that you have hurt someone. It is far better to go from victory to victory than to get bogged down in the mistakes that we or others make.

Answer to question 2: I believe that the only way to live NOW is in the love that Jesus taught.

How close am I pcamps?
My doctrinal box? I don't have one. I just follow Gods Word. Sometimes I mess up, then I ask for forgiveness. See, Christianity isn't about me, or you, or pcamps; it's not about us. It's about HIM and what he's done for us.

Btw, you answered questions that I never asked. I didn't ask about being "concerned" with sin. And of course we should be, because it separates us from God.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Christianity can be considered a religion, as well as not necessarily one. It depends one how one approaches it.

Many think of and "use" it as with other religions; identifying it as a label and as a group ("I'm a Christian"), meeting publicly with others as a group/community (i.e. church buildings and denominations), and associating with certain sayings, phrases, and a unique language (common catch-phrases from the Bible), etc.

Others, such as myself, don't approach it as a religion. I think of it as one avenue of spirituality, one set of beliefs about the nature of reality and the universe, and of course, detailing some aspects of God/Jesus (other aspects have to be learned and experienced directly and internally). Christianity would then be more of an action or verb, rather than a noun or something static. It is dynamic and alive, rather than set in stone. It's more about the present and future, rather than the past. I/we don't need any other people, churches, dogmas, and religion trappings. Instead of being something desired, we see that as junk and unnecessary stuff that gets in the way.

The first group is unhealthy and even hazardous, bearing similarities to the Pharisees and Saduccees that Jesus battled with. The second is healthy and Christ-like. Too bad most follow the ways of the first group. But as Jesus said (paraphrasing): wide is the road that many follow and leads to death, and narrow is the road and gate that leads to life. It's always unfortunately been that way. But great are those who reject the way of the many. You have to willingly take the path less traveled, and that can make all the difference.
Well stated, Thoreau. I like the way you expressed this, particularly the bolded.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
of course, it's a basic tenant of Christianity.

John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.†He is not a way, as in one of many; He is the way, as in the one and only. No one, regardless of reputation, achievement, special knowledge, or personal holiness, can come to God the Father except through Jesus.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html

I'm not judging you my friend, but if you haven't put your faith in Jesus Christ as your savior and acknowledged that he died on the cross for your sine, then I'm afraid that you're not a Christian. But it's not too late to do just that!
You are quoting scripture that are simply not saying "you are saved from eternal hell to heaven". I think if you were honest with yourself you know you are not too. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say that he is the only way to heaven, Jesus did not make that claim ..... Jesus said "I am" the way to the Father. You like all evangelicals read into scriptures what you are nurtered into believing as a young christian and no amount of proof will change the way you read the scriptures bar a miracle. You need to read the scriptures with no preconceived ideas on what they are saying. I have asked you to show 1 scripture that clearly states you are saved by Jesus from hell to heaven, you can't and the fact that you can't should at the very least cause you to look at why you believe what you believe. I honestly do not careless 1 iota if you think i'm a christian or not. Jesus Christ did not convert me to become a christian.....I am a follower of the Way.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You are quoting scripture that are simply not saying "you are saved from eternal hell to heaven". I think if you were honest with yourself you know you are not too. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say that he is the only way to heaven, Jesus did not make that claim ..... Jesus said "I am" the way to the Father. You like all evangelicals read into scriptures what you are nurtered into believing as a young christian and no amount of proof will change the way you read the scriptures bar a miracle. You need to read the scriptures with no preconceived ideas on what they are saying. I have asked you to show 1 scripture that clearly states you are saved by Jesus from hell to heaven, you can't and the fact that you can't should at the very least cause you to look at why you believe what you believe. I honestly do not careless 1 iota if you think i'm a christian or not. Jesus Christ did not convert me to become a christian.....I am a follower of the Way.
Ok, let's break this down in as simple of terms as possible. Sin separates us from God, it's is a chasm that can not be crossed. God's throne is in heaven to spend eternity with him in heaven we need to be saved, because of the sin chasm that I just mentioned. Jesus clearly states that he is the way, not a way, or one of the ways, but the way to the father. Since God is clearly not in hell, what way is Jesus leading us to? Philadelphia? Guatemala? Disney World? No, of course not. He is the way to God the father in heaven. I'm not sure what you've got yourself mixed up in, but it's definitely not Christianity.

The Way International - Christian or Cult?

Old 08-18-2018, 11:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
My doctrinal box? I don't have one. I just follow Gods Word. ...
No, mommy, you follow the interpretations of the Bible you have been taught. My advice would be to get away from that jaundiced view of humanity that seems to be so much a part of it. Also consider whether you are asking the right questions.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, mommy, you follow the interpretations of the Bible you have been taught. My advice would be to get away from that jaundiced view of humanity that seems to be so much a part of it. Also consider whether you are asking the right questions.
Sin is a spiritual form of jaundice. You got it! Only Gods love through the redemptive salvation of Jesus Christ can cure it.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Ok, let's break this down in as simple of terms as possible. Sin separates us from God, it's is a chasm that can not be crossed. God's throne is in heaven to spend eternity with him in heaven we need to be saved, because of the sin chasm that I just mentioned. Jesus clearly states that he is the way, not a way, or one of the ways, but the way to the father. Since God is clearly not in hell, what way is Jesus leading us to? Philadelphia? Guatemala? Disney World? No, of course not. He is the way to God the father in heaven. I'm not sure what you've got yourself mixed up in, but it's definitely not Christianity.

The Way International - Christian or Cult?
Here you go again making unscriptural claims and passing them off as though they are . Sin does not separate God from you. You were taught that from a young believer BEFORE you were established and rooted in the love of God. It separates you from God no more than Sophia not living up to your ideals separates you from her. You love her, stand by her no matter what she does, correct? Ps if I make my bed in hell, guess whose there ?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Here you go again making unscriptural claims and passing them off as though they are . Sin does not separate God from you. You were taught that from a young believer BEFORE you were established and rooted in the love of God. It separates you from God no more than Sophia not living up to your ideals separates you from her. You love her, stand by her no matter what she does, correct? Ps if I make my bed in hell, guess whose there ?

This post is a mess brother, I'm sorry. You're really lost my friend.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
This post is a mess brother, I'm sorry. You're really lost my friend.
Nice try, pcamps. Maybe a seed planted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity