Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 04:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Problem is people tend to be weak in keeping cleansed of darkness 24/7 as familiar spirits rule of God people , where Jesus had angels cleansing devils and demons off Him all the time where Jesus was sinless ...............Christians need to take up the authority and get cleansed of devils every day and all day , other way to keep cleansed is to spread the gospel is the key to God where He will make and effort to cleanse them ..... See demons don't act like Christians and will keep Christians in legalism and indifference to others ...... So if people don't believe in demons then that is demons giving those ideas ..........
Very interesting perspective.
Demons= legalism. Uh-huh

...and indifference to others...yes, this has been the exp of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Acting like Jesus is subjective. Some like to think in a human way. Some think in a spiritual way.
"Blessed is He who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it. "
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God"
Let's just be simple and human, eh?...why don't Christians act more Christian?

They act all mad and defensive and on the attack ...as if they have no deep foundation internally...they
care so much about atheists say? Easily offended, not knowing when to walk away...
I could give a hoot about what other people say or think or spout!

Do you think maybe Christians lack a deep foundation of personal experience?
That their roots don't run very deep?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Maybe because they don't actually know how Jesus acted?

I mean...one has to read the book that talks about him. Many here think that's crazy talk.
Most here have read the Bible and could tell most Christians more than they themselves know....
We know that Jesus wrote in the sand when expected to cast the first stone...we know that
Jesus forgave and made a promise of Paradise to the criminal to the right....
We know he disapproved of cutting the soldiers ear off and fixed it...
We KNOW how Jesus acted....eating with the tax collector...what he said to to the officer (Centurion)...
we know plenty....what he said to the woman at the well...and to Thomas...and to Martha and Mary...

Eliminate that chip from your shoulder, the attitude...so what you have gotten attitude...be like Jesus.

What is it that stops you?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:37 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Most here have read the Bible and could tell most Christians more than they themselves know....
We know that Jesus wrote in the sand when expected to cast the first stone...we know that
Jesus forgave and made a promise of Paradise to the criminal to the right....
We know he disapproved of cutting the soldiers ear off and fixed it...
We KNOW how Jesus acted....eating with the tax collector...what he said to to the officer (Centurion)...
we know plenty....what he said to the woman at the well...and to Thomas...and to Martha and Mary...

Eliminate that chip from your shoulder, the attitude...so what you have gotten attitude...be like Jesus.

What is it that stops you?
Miss H, do you act like Jesus?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:43 PM

88,616 posts, read 84,857,016 times
I wear sandals and long dresses in warm weather.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:11 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyqueen801 View Post
i wear sandals and long dresses in warm weather.
lol

Old 02-09-2019, 05:13 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
I wish you had said 'some Christians', OP, because I know many that walk the walk.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Miss H, Jesus never called us to be christian, given the choices if i had to label myself i would prerfer to label myself the very thing the christian condemns. Why?, Because they are more like the Jesus they condemned in ignorance without realiizing it.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Miss H, do you act like Jesus?
Well, rem I do not call myself a Christian...and do not tell people they are going to hell...nor care if they are even atheists...nor
preach Bible verses to non believers expecting any change in them to happen...
(I quote verses that are pertinent to me...pls don't misunderstand my point.)

Knowing many Evangelicals and counseling them...yes, I act like Jesus more than they do, by grace, with
deliberate effort and intentional, diligent practice...and if more would simply do what
Jesus said to do ...I would be counseling no Christians! There would be no need.
Do the 'formula' Jesus gave and Voila!

Old 02-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I wish you had said 'some Christians', OP, because I know many that walk the walk.
You're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity