Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
well I will say that more would but so far history shows that men just crucify them all. Mankind has proven that they don't like anyone that is more powerful than them... men love to kill their Gods and Kings and making sure to "put in their place" .. and they will murder anyone proving to be in any way better than them.
ever notice how they treat their idols? one day build them up the next tear them down.. then crush them.... if this wasn't a barebones truth about humanity then there would be no need for bodyguards, oh but that is a booming business!

so maybe if you promise to not crucify-kill-destroy etc.. then a whole more might Be more like Jesus ..
the rest need to be very very very
"normal" even downright awful.. and that is passable. until the day they can walk in power and humility before God first..

Because no one hates a truly "miserable sinner" .... his very existence makes everyone feel good about themselves. so no one or few ( But God ) really wants to fix them or them to be fixed ( healed )up either.

Actually, I believe that there are those who walk like Jesus. In that they are doing what the Father and OUR LORD is telling them to do ... and thus walk like Him and in his Spirit .. and I think most of you folks on this list call them names..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-11-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Why is it some Christians don't act like Christians...like Jesus?

Jesus was a Jew, that creates a major problem.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:18 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
What I see from my many friends I talk to and also I glean from here and other forums...
People are thinking to act 'good'....to try to be 'good' is a bit tough, ha ....this 'loving of our neighbor'
doesn't come so easily, let alone loving our own husband!

I suggest to my friends to "Stop nagging and yelling and
start talking with him with forgiveness and
understanding, stop taking it so personally that he doesn't lift a finger to help...get to
the real issue...that is love.'

When we have experienced God's Love personally...that's when 'being good like Jesus' comes naturally. Yay!
There isn't so much 'trying'...and then failing, clanging like cymbals.

So, my point is...seek that Kingdom first, seek a direct exp of God's Love...be filled with that ...
instead of running on an empty tank.

That is what I see: Christian's running on an empty tank., change the oil...cuz there are smelly fumes chugging along.
Again, observation and suggestion...not bashing...Christians need encouragement,
ha, I mean some Christians...to be still, don't proceed with your day until you
feeeeel God's Love within..take that time daily...and don't stop till you
naturally have a beam on your face to go on into your day.

Now, was that so bad to hear? Feel God's Love first and then that will project to others what
you have wanted to all along. What could be better than that !?
Miss Hepburn, this is one of your finest posts. Too soon, but

The fundamentalist haters have let happen to them what Norman Cousins once stated as an observation:
Quote:
The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives, the death of genuine feeling, the death of inspired response,the awareness that makes it possible to feel the pain or the glory of other men in yourself.
Now where you and I see their crybaby tactics as something to point out in order to bring them back to a right course of thinking, they refuse to think anyone may have a witness about Jesus other than what they read into their Bibles. People are never more insecure than when they become obsessed with their fears at the expense of their dreams.

Sad people, fundamentalists, trying always to appear happy and satisfied while mostly needing your wise counsel.

And finally, one more Norman Cousins quote for our sad brethren who look constantly for sin in others rather than living life to the fullest and letting God take care of sin in each individual:

Quote:
Life is an adventure in forgiveness.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:26 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well I will say that more would but so far history shows that men just crucify them all. Mankind has proven that they don't like anyone that is more powerful than them... men love to kill their Gods and Kings and making sure to "put in their place" .. and they will murder anyone proving to be in any way better than them.
ever notice how they treat their idols? one day build them up the next tear them down.. then crush them.... if this wasn't a barebones truth about humanity then there would be no need for bodyguards, oh but that is a booming business!

so maybe if you promise to not crucify-kill-destroy etc.. then a whole more might Be more like Jesus ..
the rest need to be very very very
"normal" even downright awful.. and that is passable. until the day they can walk in power and humility before God first..

Because no one hates a truly "miserable sinner" .... his very existence makes everyone feel good about themselves. so no one or few ( But God ) really wants to fix them or them to be fixed ( healed )up either.

Actually, I believe that there are those who walk like Jesus. In that they are doing what the Father and OUR LORD is telling them to do ... and thus walk like Him and in his Spirit .. and I think most of you folks on this list call them names..
Another wise man was speaking directly to you and your negative attitude:

Quote:
Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. Be too big for worry and too noble for anger.
Norman Vincent Peale

Old 02-11-2019, 11:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Miss Hepburn, this is one of your finest posts. Too soon, but
MissH is at her best when she's reminding people to go to their Source. Oh wait, she's always reminding people to go to their Source.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:15 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,143,235 times
Quote:
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
Jesus wasnt a Christian, he was a Hebrew man from the tribe of Judah, what he did and what Christians do are night and day.

Jesus kept the Sabbath, Christians keep Sunday.
Jesus didnt eat unclean foods, most Christians eat pig, shellfish, and more all day.
Jesus kept the laws of God, most Christians think they are abolished.
Jesus said live by the commandments, and that gets you called a Fundie now.
Jesus studied the word, most Christians dont read their bible at all.
Jesus said remember his death, Christians remember his resurrection instead.
Jesus didnt collect tithes, but most Christians tithe to Jesus.
Jesus attended Hanukkah, Christians do Christmas instead and pretty much any other former pagan holiday and just slap Jesus name on top.

Kinda hard to act like Jesus, when passed down RCC traditions tell you to do the opposite.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Jesus wasnt a Christian, he was a Hebrew man from the tribe of Judah, what he did and what Christians do are night and day.

Jesus kept the Sabbath, Christians keep Sunday.
Jesus didnt eat unclean foods, most Christians eat pig, shellfish, and more all day.
Jesus kept the laws of God, most Christians think they are abolished.
Jesus said live by the commandments, and that gets you called a Fundie now.
Jesus studied the word, most Christians dont read their bible at all.
Jesus said remember his death, Christians remember his resurrection instead.
Jesus didnt collect tithes, but most Christians tithe to Jesus.
Jesus attended Hanukkah, Christians do Christmas instead and pretty much any other former pagan holiday and just slap Jesus name on top.

Kinda hard to act like Jesus, when passed down RCC traditions tell you to do the opposite.
Wow, seriously uninformed.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wow, seriously uninformed.
Kinda hard to follow someones ways, if you do almost nothing they did.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Kinda hard to follow someones ways, if you do almost nothing they did.
Yeah, you said that already. I will come back later and correct all your mistakes.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yeah, you said that already. I will come back later and correct all your mistakes.

Im looking forward to all the scriptures out of context you will use. Probably Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2, Matthew 5, Mark 7:19, Matthew 15, Malachi 3, Romans 14:4-6, Peters vision in Acts 10, Acts 15, 1 Tim 4:4, Col 2:16, Galatians 3:24 and Gal 5 and a few more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity