Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
how many times do you have to be told that red is reserved for moderators.
it is dark red and bright red is for moderators! THEY HAVE TOLD YOU THAT A FEW TIMES NOW.. Check out the colors !
It is dark RED and it is what is used for quoting scriptures . .. Especially quoting Jesus AND HAS BEEN FOR AGES!!

We now have "blue letter bible" AN online company. Does everyone want to now quote scriptures in blue HERE ? BECAUSE REALLY MOST OF THE TIME SCRIPTURE IS THE ONLY THING WORTH READING ON THIS SITE..

SO If red offends and makes you THINK want to read it, just because you think it is a moderator?

MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD DO THAT IN BLUE ?

.. OR STAY WITH DARK RED ? AND THEN YOU NOW YOU CAN NOT READ IT TOO ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 PM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
She's using burgundy, not the red mods use. Best polish those glasses.
Oops! My bad. But the glasses wouldn't help the macular degeneration.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:59 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
NO problem I get eye issues... and when my eyes water I really can't see the screen and why I sometimes type in large print.. just to see it..
Oh but the judgmental.. impatient and demanding and just down right annal retentive ..around here gets to be quite the trip, hum mystic ?

Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whassup with that? I think I have an idea why? I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway? I don't see it as so hard to do.
it's hard for some because they still love the ways of satan's wicked world ,(1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever). MANY are NOT really ready to truly give up themselves, (James 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed). and follow Jesus ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). see also ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

these are those who straddles the fence. believing that just because they believe in Jesus and /or got baptized. they will go to Heaven, regardless of how they continue to live, sad! not true! ,(Matt. 7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity). and (1Cor. 6:9,10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God).

we ALL know who we are! MANY are NOT even listening to Jesus ,(Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?). also calling on Jesus isn't just going to save us. it's doing HIS FATHER'S WILL ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). we can believe that we're play Jesus and Jehovah God stupid. but this is what each had said ,(Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap).

and (Rev. 6:14-17 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sit on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?). peace

Old 02-14-2019, 01:38 PM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
NO problem I get eye issues... and when my eyes water I really can't see the screen and why I sometimes type in large print.. just to see it..
Oh but the judgmental.. impatient and demanding and just down right annal retentive ..around here gets to be quite the trip, hum mystic ?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
Because we are out of tune. We cannot resonate with that which is in Jesus when we believe right beliefs about God and the bible is where it's at, any of us who believes such a thing without a shadow of doubt is not in tune with the Father.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Because some really are not Christians, they just identify themselves as such. Also, because we are human, and Christians are prone to the same temptations and shortcomings as others.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:13 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,612,664 times
It's because most Christians aren't really interested in acting like Jesus, they are more concerned with following Paul's lead. When I was involved in Christianity Jesus was given mostly lip service but Paul was studied & quoted constantly. I always felt they were mis-named & should be called "Paulians".

Old 02-19-2019, 05:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
It's because most Christians aren't really interested in acting like Jesus, they are more concerned with following Paul's lead. When I was involved in Christianity Jesus was given mostly lip service but Paul was studied & quoted constantly. I always felt they were mis-named & should be called "Paulians".
There's a few of them around here.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Yes, to them, it is like what Paul wrote supersedes what Jesus said. It has gone from Faith in OUR Father expressed in love for one another by the same love the Father loved us with, to absolute undying faith in believing all the right things about the bible above all else(to them that's proof in their eyes you are a disciple), and he's not YOUR Father if you do not believe all the supposedly right things about the bible. This forum is infested with this kind of christian, and it is rife among the evangelical bible fundamentalists of America. It stinks in the nostrils of God, the followers of the Way, the world, other faiths and atheists.

I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity