Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
''acting like Jesus more than they do'....jimmie...you are not looking at this correctly.

If I say I am doing the homework I was told to do ....and they are not...
This is a fact ...it is not saying I am higher; there is no judgment as Jesus was referring to judging.
I am happier for doing the homework...and when they do it, they also will be happier...and won't be coming to me for advice....just do the homework.

Has this become some attack on me, now? What is your purpose asking me all this stuff?
Do you have some point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My point is you think more highly of yourself than others, pointing out certain Christians lack of a proper spiritual walk, something that is condemned when others do the same. Just look at the homosexual thread.
MissH’s point, as she told you, is that she is happier doing what she believes Jesus said to do, and she’d like others to be happier too. Not sure why you think that desire translates to her thinking she’s better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why is it some Christians don't act like Christians? Or, like Jesus?
The love for others has grown-cold, unlike that of Jesus.
That is a point I was thinking of, yes.
And this is NOT bashing or attacking Christians...it is more of a talk (soon) on, "Why is that"?
And how to fix it.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:29 AM

Christians could answer this..what do you think are a couple of main 'concerns' for you?
What are a couple things that you care about mostly?
I'm thinking, and please correct me, and they are diff for people, of course;
1, would be wanting to go to Heaven...one might also say it as, 'avoid hell'?
Another, to spread the message of Jesus...however they interpret that; the great commission?

Are there others for you? Please, this is like a fact finding idea. Snark and confrontation
from others runs a'plenty on other debate threads...let's take a break here.
Thanks

Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
And this is NOT bashing or attacking Christians...it is more of a talk (soon) on, "Why is that"?
And how to fix it.
The best way to fix it is to do it yourself.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I help those that would like my help IF they feel
they are just doing the motions and would like assistance to feel the love again.

This is not a thread for you so...take care.
It may be a very short thread!! And that's ok with me!

Old 02-10-2019, 12:27 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Bogus "Christians" want it easy. Pray, say some words, earn a free ticket to heaven. They're too lazy, cheap, or petty to do the real work. Helping others, making the world a better place, forgiving others.... too much work for them.

They have questionable motives. Be part of a group, earn say with a group, mingle with politics (either of the purely churchy kind, or the trendy mix of church and national politics).

They often can't think on their own, and need mentors and other people to latch onto and ride around on the bandwagon with.

Despite what they convince themselves, they really don't give a damn what Jesus said or taught.

Overall, they have no visibility into themselves and the ways of their kind, and the hypocrisy they live by. Instead of being repulsed and sickened, they just roll on, continuing to "return to their vomit" (as Jesus said), oblivious to it all.

I've long since abandoned depending on labels like "Christian" to mean anything. People can use whatever word they want, or better yet, use no labels at all. The only things that can be depended on are one's actions and words. Those come from the mind and heart. Only those reveal the person. A true Christian never needs to say that word or depend on it. Their life shows the similarity to Christ, and no label or word can top that.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-10-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 02-10-2019, 12:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Why is it some Christians don't act like Christians? Or, like Jesus?

The love for others has grown-cold, unlike that of Jesus.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
Quote:
And how to fix it.
Quote:
A selfish motivation that prevents you from reaching out to others, or others from reaching out to you.
If you have love for one-another, it enables you to touch the hearts of those who have felt unloved.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:26 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
Quote:
Whassup with that?
I think I have an idea why?
You?

I mean it, what the heck is goin' on there anyway?
I don't see it as so hard to do.
You must be thinking all those people who sit in a building for an hour on Sunday are real Christians......nope

Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
You must be thinking all those people who sit in
a building for an hour on Sunday are real Christians......nope
Hi Vf6, Welcome here.

Oh you don't know me at all! Hahahaha,LOL. Some are, some aren't....those that aren't, are trying, tho....at diff degrees of sincerity.
Those that do have more sincerity are simply more desperate.
Desperation creates a lot of sincerity ...I know that first hand.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
If you have love for one-another,
It enables you to touch the hearts
Of those who have felt unloved.
Well, that is poetry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity