Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:20 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Matthew 5:18 New International Version (NIV)

18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

earth is still here jimmies

Do these words say something different to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Matthew 22:37-40

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Romans 13:8-10

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The law is still valid. Jesus said if we LOVE, we are keeping the law. However, we fail. Jesus fulfilled the law, in our place, by His sinless life.

https://www.gotquestions.org/abolish-fulfill-law.html

Why didn’t jesus say all laws are still to be obayed until he commits suicide?

Jesus knew he was sent to be killed and he let it happen, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 06:04 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The sheer arrogance that any human can truly be righteous is astonishing.
AND I HAVE TO ASK THIS......WHAT IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN CHRIST? WITH SUCH AN CONSTANT BADGERING OF EXCUSES... WOULD ANYONE EVEN TRY IT?
AS SURELY EVERYONE WOULD INFORM THEM JUST HOW DAVID CAN'T KILL THAT GIANT.

BUT DAVID DID KILL THAT GIANT
AND JESUS HIS SON DID OVERCOME DEATH!
MAYBE IT WAS JUST "GOOD" GENES!
BUT I THINK THEY MIGHT BE MORE RELATED TO LEVI'S JEANS..

Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
AND I HAVE TO ASK THIS......WHAT IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN CHRIST? WITH SUCH AN CONSTANT BADGERING OF EXCUSES... WOULD ANYONE EVEN TRY IT?
AS SURELY EVERYONE WOULD INFORM THEM JUST HOW DAVID CAN'T KILL THAT GIANT.

BUT DAVID DID KILL THAT GIANT
AND JESUS HIS SON DID OVERCOME DEATH!
MAYBE IT WAS JUST "GOOD" GENES!
BUT I THINK THEY MIGHT BE MORE RELATED TO LEVI'S JEANS..
Yet this statement goes against the Bible you worship:
Quote:
Surely there is no righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
Ecc. 7:21
Quote:
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one. There is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.
Rom. 3: 10-12

I have an idea you think you have righteousness by "avoiding" sin. You can't "not sin" your way to Heaven. Jesus came to show us that humility and putting others ahead of ourselves is what pleases Him---recognizing we remain sinners in need of a God of grace and mercy.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:
You are supposed to depend on his grace.

People who think they can 'work their way up' are following a false Doctrine. The sheer arrogance that any human can truly be righteous is astonishing.
It's not arrogance at all.

Sinners misunderstand. In fact God made it so sinners could not understand.

"Sinners won't be allowed in the assembly of the righteous."

" The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. "

Old 02-12-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet this statement goes against the Bible you worship:
Ecc. 7:21
Rom. 3: 10-12

I have an idea you think you have righteousness by "avoiding" sin. You can't "not sin" your way to Heaven. Jesus came to show us that humility and putting others ahead of ourselves is what pleases Him---recognizing we remain sinners in need of a God of grace and mercy.
SORRY BUT I WORSHIP THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.. I FIND THEM IN HIS INSTRUCTION BOOK. WAY TO MANY SEES ONLY LAW THERE .. I SEE AND I FIND GRACE THERE.. . BUT I WILL DISAGREE WITH YOU.. YOU HAVE PULLED SCRIPTURES OUT OF CONTEXT.. WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE.?

Rev 22:11

Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.”

SAYS THAT THERE IS "RIGHTEOUS" AND THAT THERE IS ALSO "THE HOLY" ..AND IT SAYS THAT LOTS OF PLACES..
OLD TESTAMENTS SAYS THAT THERE WILL BE "TABERNACLES OF THE RIGHTEOUS" WHICH I BELIEVE MEANS SOMEONE REACHED OUT AND GRASPED THE GOLDEN RING!

EVEN BEFORE JESUS CHRIST CAME ..

Isa 1:18

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as ( WHITE AS ) wool.

SO THIS ONE VERSE PROVES YOU WRONG..

HE IS COMING FOR A BRIDE WITHOUT SPOT OR WRINKLE..

NO THE WORLDLY CARRY AROUND A HUGE BAT OR TWO WHICH CLAIMS THAT IF THEY CAN'T OR THEY WON'T and if they don't want to ... THEN NO ONE ELSE CAN EITHER AND THEY WILL MAKE SURE OF IT .

READING THE WHOLE BIBLE NOT JUST A FEW ACCUSATIONS AGAINST THE TRUELY UNRIGHTEOUS TIMES AND PLACES .....PROVES JESUS CAME TO BRING ALL OF THE FATHER'S CHILDREN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS. AND EVEN ALSO HOLINESS. JESUS CAN BRING HIS PEOPLE THERE. BUT NOT US, WE CAN NOT BRING OURSELVES THERE
BY OUR OWN IDEAS OR BY OUR WORKS ALONE OR BY ANY OTHER WAY !! ONLY WITH HIM CAN WE FIND THAT PEARL AND OR REACH OUT AND GRASP THE GOLDEN RING. only BECAUSE HE IS THERE WITH US !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-12-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 02-12-2019, 06:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
You are supposed to depend on his grace.

People who think they can 'work their way up' are following a false Doctrine. The sheer arrogance that any human can truly be righteous is astonishing.
To depend on Grace means the sweetest of humility.
To know that we can't reach that last reach to Him ...is again the tenderest of stretching for His Hand.
Oh, what a Lover God is.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It's not arrogance at all.

Sinners misunderstand. In fact God made it so sinners could not understand.

"Sinners won't be allowed in the assembly of the righteous."

" The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. "
that is a great verse.. you are right..
and it goes back to the point.. the jews didn't think even Jesus was righteous either.
it seems men will not allow anyone to become better than them in their own eyes. but they use themselves as their measuring stick and not Jesus and not His word.
so BY HIS grace and Father's mercy , there are undoubtedly righteous and holy men on this earth right now .. but unrepentant/fallen men will not recognize them anyway and or probably try and kill them if anyone did notice it.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-12-2019 at 07:20 PM..

Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
SORRY BUT I WORSHIP THE FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.. I FIND THEM IN HIS INSTRUCTION BOOK. WAY TO MANY SEES ONLY LAW THERE .. I SEE AND I FIND GRACE THERE.. . BUT I WILL DISAGREE WITH YOU.. YOU HAVE PULLED SCRIPTURES OUT OF CONTEXT.. WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE.?

Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.”

SAYS THAT THERE IS "RIGHTEOUS" AND THAT THERE IS ALSO "THE HOLY" ..AND IT SAYS THAT LOTS OF PLACES..
OLD TESTAMENTS SAYS THAT THERE WILL BE "TABERNACLES OF THE RIGHTEOUS" WHICH I BELIEVE MEANS SOMEONE REACHED OUT AND GRASPED THE GOLDEN RING!

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as ( WHITE AS ) wool.

NO THE WORLDLY CARRY AROUND A HUGE BAT OR TWO WHICH CLAIMS THAT IF THEY CAN'T OR THEY WON'T and if they don't want to ... THEN NO ONE ELSE CAN EITHER AND THEY WILL MAKE SURE OF IT .

READING THE WHOLE BIBLE NOT JUST A FEW ACCUSATIONS AGAINST THE TRUELY UNRIGHTEOUS TIMES AND PLACES .....PROVES JESUS CAME TO BRING ALL OF THE FATHER'S CHILDREN TO RIGHTEOUSNESS. AND EVEN ALSO HOLINESS. JESUS CAN BRING HIS PEOPLE THERE. BUT NOT US, WE CAN NOT BRING OURSELVES THERE
BY OUR OWN IDEAS OR BY OUR WORKS ALONE OR BY ANY OTHER WAY !! ONLY WITH HIM CAN WE FIND THAT PEARL AND OR REACH OUT AND GRASP THE GOLDEN RING. only BECAUSE HE IS THERE WITH US !
You've found religion, just not Jesus.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

How many times do you have to be told that Red is reserved for moderators.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How many times do you have to be told that Red is reserved for moderators.
She's using burgundy, not the red mods use. Best polish those glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity