Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:54 AM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times

Advertisements

1. Please stay on topic. I just deleted ten posts that were personal attacks, bickering, or off-topic plus orphaned replies.

2. If someone sends a personal attack via Direct Message, the procedure is to forward it to one of the mods, who will in turn forward it to a senior mod for handling, not bring it up in a thread.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're missing that you're not loving your neighbor as yourself. Which was a biggie. You're walking past the battered and hated man on your way to a church service.
How do you know that?

If the church in question decides to go with the Biblical teaching regarding the issue, and they do it out of desire to honor God, then who are we to judge their hearts, and intentions?

Old 03-04-2019, 08:12 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's a shame, isn't it? If people would just read what God's Word says and go with it....none of this would happen. Stand on the Bible, not our own opinions.
Beep Boop beep BFUN robot!

Old 03-04-2019, 08:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you know that?

If the church in question decides to go with the Biblical teaching regarding the issue, and they do it out of desire to honor God, then who are we to judge their hearts, and intentions?
Me. I am going to judge.

The members get to judge whether the church leadership is going in the right direction, and then make the decision to leave if need be.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Me. I am going to judge.
Ok, whatever gets you through the night.

Quote:
The members get to judge whether the church leadership is going in the right direction, and then make the decision to leave if need be.
Yes, they are free to leave and join a more liberal church, or even open a new one.

The church in question is free to make their own policy, and it seems they have chosen to follow the Biblical teachings regarding this issue, and their motivation is to honor God with their actions. You can disagree with their choice, but their heart is still in the right place.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Traditional Methodists steered the church back to it's roots, center, and history. That's the reality.

Polarized and sensationalistic titles only contribute to extremism and false information.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Ok, whatever gets you through the night.

Yes, they are free to leave and join a more liberal church, or even open a new one.

The church in question is free to make their own policy, and it seems they have chosen to follow the Biblical teachings regarding this issue, and their motivation is to honor God with their actions. You can disagree with their choice, but their heart is still in the right place.
"Their heart is in the right place" isn't good enough for us.

That might be good enough for non-members.

Their ACTIONS have to be in the right place. That's what members need to demand.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:

That might be good enough for non-members.

Their ACTIONS have to be in the right place. That's what members need to demand.
Fundies aren't into the whole "doing good" thing. They're into saying the Magic Words To Jesus which is all they believe needs doing in order to pave their way to heaven.

It's hard to be like Jesus but it's dead-easy to be a fundie.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear.

They had to make the choice between what they thought would honor God, and appeasing people with demands, and they made their choice.

Quote:
If they seek to honor God with their actions, then they actions are in the right place.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear.

They had to make the choice between what they thought would honor God, and appeasing people with demands, and they made their choice.

If they seek to honor God with their actions, then they actions are in the right place.
Thankfully, it's looking like there will be a clause where individual congregations will be able to make the decision for themselves on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity