Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 12:34 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to them that obey Him, thats why they obeyed Him because He gave them the Holy Spirit which brings them to obedience 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

You see the order, first sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience ! So thats what Acts 5:32 is saying.

And of course those who do not obey the Gospel is because Christ never died for them, nor did He ever give them His Spirit to cause their obedience, so they must suffer the consequences.
Acts 5:32 does not say God gives them the Holy Spirit which brings them to obedience.

It says God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey Him. Why are you changing what God’s word says?

“And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Hebrews 5:9 is similar. Jesus became the source of salvation TO THISE WHO OBEY HIM.
“And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

You say Christ never died for those who don’t obey the gospel. Yet, John says He is the propitiation for the sins OF THE WHOLE WORLD!

1 John 2:2
“And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.”

Peter is writing to the elect, the saved in 1 Peter 1:2. Sanctification is an ongoing process, which leads the saved to continue to obey.

The "obedience" in view here is the continuing faithfulness of the Christian, not his primary obedience, because that must precede the Christian's being given the gift of the Holy Spirit. No one ever made it any clearer than Peter that people must believe, repent and be baptized "in order to receive" and before they can ever receive, the promise of the Spirit (Acts 2:38).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Did you know that many are saved, made righteous by Christs obedience ? Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Define “many”

Old 09-12-2022, 02:26 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times
Quote:
jesus truth

Oh no, Jesus obeyed because we couldn't, so by His obedience the many are made righteous. Man we had our opportunity to obey in Adam and blew it.

So now, many are made righteous by Christs obedience alone Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
No scripture anywhere says all cannot obey Jesus.

Jesus obeyed and we have to obey too.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
So you believe we have to know what are sins are and confess them to be saved, right?

Faith doesn't mean you did that.
No I didn’t say that. We can sin and not even be aware. I said we must confess before men that Jesus is Lord.

Romans10:9-10
“that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.”

Matthew 10:32-33
32Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
jesus truth

Oh no, Jesus obeyed because we couldn't, so by His obedience the many are made righteous. Man we had our opportunity to obey in Adam and blew it.

So now, many are made righteous by Christs obedience alone Rom 5:19

What Scripture says Jesus obeyed because we couldn’t?

Old 09-12-2022, 02:51 PM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
What Scripture says Jesus obeyed because we couldn’t?
What scripture says Jesus didnt obey because man could ?

Old 09-12-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
No scripture anywhere says all cannot obey Jesus.

Jesus obeyed and we have to obey too.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
How can men obey Jesus that are spiritually dead in sin ? Also scripture says all are in the prison of disobedience Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

That word unbelief also means disobedience, so we are naturally in the prison of disobedience

For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.NKJV

For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.NLT

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.NIV

For God hath shut up all unto disobedience, that he might have mercy upon all.

So how does a spiritually dead sinner, imprisoned in disobedience obey God, when God is the one who put them in the prison of unbelief /disobedience ?

Old 09-12-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
No I didn’t say that. We can sin and not even be aware. I said we must confess before men that Jesus is Lord.

Romans10:9-10
“that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.”
That scripture means you have to confess your sins to Jesus.
Quote:
Matthew 10:32-33
32Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven.
Those scriptures mean you can't be hiding your belief in Jesus.

It doesn't mean you don't have to confess your sins to Jesus.

We have to confess our sins to Jesus to get saved.

So make it clear.

Do you believe that or not?

Old 09-12-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
How can men obey Jesus that are spiritually dead in sin ? Also scripture says all are in the prison of disobedience Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

That word unbelief also means disobedience, so we are naturally in the prison of disobedience

For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.NKJV

For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.NLT

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.NIV

For God hath shut up all unto disobedience, that he might have mercy upon all.

So how does a spiritually dead sinner, imprisoned in disobedience obey God, when God is the one who put them in the prison of unbelief /disobedience ?
You do what Jesus says to do and humble yourself.

Luke 18:14
“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Jesus says nothing about your strange weird teaching about the one who was already saved/regenerated went home justified!

Jesus says nothing about that so why do you keep inserting that in the scriptures????

Old 09-12-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
You do what Jesus says to do and humble yourself.

Luke 18:14
“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Jesus says nothing about your strange weird teaching about the one who was already saved/regenerated went home justified!

Jesus says nothing about that so why do you keep inserting that in the scriptures????
How can you obey when God has you imprisoned in disobedience ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity