Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
As an openly gay male, I've not found that to be the case...perhaps your perception and my perception differ because you are looking at it from a straight perspective, and I'm looking at it from a gay perspective...just a thought.
I've looked at it from both viewpoints and you're right, I'm more than likely looking at it through a straight man's glasses, rather than a gay man's glasses. Good thought SR!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM

322 posts, read 737,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
What gets me is that non-christian folks who express love, understanding and compassion to gays are considered tolerant. Now take christians who feel the same way yet abide by God's Word and they are considered ignorant, biased, intolerant, bigoted and whatever else you can think of. If that's the case, then I'll take God's Word any day and live with the verbal abuse.
The big problem is that among those who have heard that "GOD is Love", many simply do not know GOD in the first place and therefore do not have any ideal what real love is. If they knew GOD, they would not say that homo sex is ok. Love destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire. Love, Who is GOD, has extended His Love to all people but those who refuse to receive Love, to receive GOD, GOD will punish.

GOD is not playing games with the seculars. Their time will expire. It will not be any skin off my back. But it would be good to see them repent before it comes to that.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 PM

396 posts, read 838,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
The same way christians and non-christians feel; you have love and compassion for others.
EXACTLY! The difference between you and I is that I don't think it's a sin for someone to be in a homosexual relationship.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Dude homo-sex is a form of love. Sex in general is a form of love. If you use people for sex as in "lust" then that isn't love and it is "greed" and "lust". Got you there. How are you going to get out of this argument buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The big problem is that among those who have heard that "GOD is Love", many simply do not know GOD in the first place and therefore do not have any ideal what real love is. If they knew GOD, they would not say that homo sex is ok. Love destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire. Love, Who is GOD, has extended His Love to all people but those who refuse to receive Love, to receive GOD, GOD will punish.

GOD is not playing games with the seculars. Their time will expire. It will not be any skin off my back. But it would be good to see them repent before it comes to that.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
homosex is a form of love?

I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Dude homo-sex is a form of love. Sex in general is a form of love. If you use people for sex as in "lust" then that isn't love and it is "greed" and "lust". Got you there. How are you going to get out of this argument buddy?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 PM

But isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
homosex is a form of love?

I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM

that would be contrary to what the bible teaches.

God is love...and he is pure.
To say homosex is 'love' then you're saying it is accepted by God
Same thing applies with sex by fornication or adultery

Quote:
But isn't it.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 PM

I didn't hear him say it isn't love or any of God's peoples say it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
that would be contrary to what the bible teaches.

God is love...and he is pure.
To say homosex is 'love' then you're saying it is accepted by God
Same thing applies with sex by fornication or adultery

Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM

322 posts, read 737,834 times
Quote:
Your own words is sufficient proof that I don't need to get myself out of anything.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:03 PM

huh?!?!

Quote:
I didn't hear him say it isn't love or any of God's peoples say it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity