Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,599,712 times

Advertisements

What are you thoughts on this AND please back it up by scriptures.

Do you believe in Pretrib?
Do you believe in Postrib?

(Please use scriptures)

Also, this isn't a thread about whether rapture is real or not....or whether it already has happened.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 01:00 PM

777 posts, read 1,442,982 times
1 Thessalonians was written to a church which was upset, because the thought they’d been “left behind”.
Paul gives a clear sequence:
First the resurrection... Then the changing of those who survive and remain.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
1Thessalonains 4:15-17

When does it happen? Follow the trumpets.

Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Corinthians 15:51-53

but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.
Revelation 10:7

This is before the bowls of wrath in Revelation and besides…

For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.
1Th 5:9-10

So the "rapture" follows the first resurrection and occurs at the seventh trumpet - close to the end of the tribulation.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 PM

so your statement says that Rapture is post tribulation correct?

Old 11-15-2008, 05:41 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,419,745 times
I believe many verses support pre trib rapture of the church, but the strongest is Revelation 3:10 "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world".

Old 11-15-2008, 05:47 PM

I'm not sure if that's actually talking about the main tribulation as Jesus said the sun will turn black...moon will turn red ..then He will return.

I also believe it says that people will run to the mountains...

Who's to say that Jesus will not protect them there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe many verses support pre trib rapture of the church, but the strongest is Revelation 3:10 "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world".

Old 11-15-2008, 06:04 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,419,745 times
The fact Jesus is coming back for us is the bottom line and enough for me to kind comfort in that. What ever is believed about the rapture, it will happen and that encourages me to look to the future with great hope.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
so your statement says that Rapture is post tribulation correct?
Yes. To my understanding.

Perhaps 7, 15, or even 21 days for the bowls to occur, but we will not be subjected to His wrath.
The beginning of the feast of trumpets leads up to the feast of tabernacles 15 days later -
and then comes a day known as to the Jews as "The Last Great Day" - 21 days after the begining of trumpets.
(Lev 23)

People in Jerusalam are supposed to run when they see the AofD - about half way through Daniel's 70th week.
I believe they're the woman in Rev 12.

Last edited by Richio; 11-15-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Added: "days" opps.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I'm not sure if that's actually talking about the main tribulation as Jesus said the sun will turn black...moon will turn red ..then He will return.

I also believe it says that people will run to the mountains...

Who's to say that Jesus will not protect them there?
Oh wait.
I see what people you are referring to (running for the mountains).
That's the 6th seal. The people running for cover are saying it is the day of the Lord, but they are hardly experts on the subject.
In other words... It's just what they say. It is not the actual day of the Lord's wrath.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The fact Jesus is coming back for us is the bottom line and enough for me to kind comfort in that. What ever is believed about the rapture, it will happen and that encourages me to look to the future with great hope.
Amen.
Jesus will bring a time when the world will be free of the influence of Satan.
'A time Jesus taught us to pray for:
"Thy kingdom come ... on earth as it is in heaven."

Old 11-16-2008, 09:32 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,448,750 times
I have wondered about this myself. Some people believe it will happen before and some after. I tend to think that we will have to go through some of the tribulation as the Bible says it was shortened for the elect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity