Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It's scientifically proven that fire changes the composition of matter into another form. Anyway, it's what is exposed to fire that will be changed, and the separation of soul and spirit is going on even now in our lives.
Elmer,
I think you're missing the point. It doesn't matter what compostion they end up as. They are still CONSUMED and turn to ASHES!! And the smoke that they caused is GONE FOR EVER! So what goes on for ever? The burning? The smoke? Or the being done away with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,435,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Elmer,
I think you're missing the point. It doesn't matter what compostion they end up as. They are still CONSUMED and turn to ASHES!! And the smoke that they caused is GONE FOR EVER! So what goes on for ever? The burning? The smoke? Or the being done away with?
Aren't our bodies supposed to be changed? Aren't we supposed to be given new glorified bodies? If that's so, won't those glorified bodies of those unbelievers thrown into the lake of fire, be able to withstand the fire (in a sense of not being consumed into ashes), and perhaps feel pain?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

(Matthew 25:46) 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

(Psalm 76:10) "10 Surely your wrath against men brings you praise, and the survivors of your wrath are restrained."

(Matthew 25:41) 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

(Matthew 3:12) 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

(Daniel 12:2) 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

(Mark 9:44–49) 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and thrown into hell

(Luke 16:23–24) 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

(2 Thessalonians 1:9) 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

(Revelation 14:10) 10 he, too, will drink of the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

(Revelation 20:10) 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Yes I believe eternal hell is real and forever because Jesus believed it, that's why He died such a horrible death. If Jesus had not believed hell is eternal, He would not have paid such a high price for it.
Jude 1:7 "And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every king of sexual perversion. Those cites were destroyed by fire and are a warning of the eternal fire that will punish all who are evil".
The price for rejecting Jesus is eternal separation from Him.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I believe eternal hell is real and forever because Jesus believed it, that's why He died such a horrible death. If Jesus had not believed hell is eternal, He would not have paid such a high price for it.
Jude 1:7 "And don't forget the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with sexual immorality and every king of sexual perversion. Those cites were destroyed by fire and are a warning of the eternal fire that will punish all who are evil".
INLC,
Thanks for speaking the truth
twin

Old 01-30-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
INLC,
Thanks for speaking the truth
twin
You are welcome my friend!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
A ditto....Amen!
Jesus Christ is Lord, Faithful and True! Our God and Savior!!

Blessings.... ILNC!!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Aren't our bodies supposed to be changed? Aren't we supposed to be given new glorified bodies? If that's so, won't those glorified bodies of those unbelievers thrown into the lake of fire, be able to withstand the fire (in a sense of not being consumed into ashes), and perhaps feel pain?
You have to understand several things here:

1.)First of all to have recieved an immortal body it has to be after this 'age' has ended with the return of Christ. So that is why it is spoken of 'eternal life,' ( eternal life means 'in the next age') and recieve an immortal body.

2.) This burning and turning to ashes happens after the white throne judgement when the 'wicked' are thrown into the lake of fire (and turn to ashes). What is the lake of fire? It's the second death. Rev. 20:14

3.) God is able to destroy (fully perish) BOTH their body and soul in the lake of fire. Matt. 10:28

4.)they would have to have first been 'saved' to recieved a glorified body. We are talking about the 'unsaved.'

5.)You need to remember that the Bible always ascribes immortality to the saved, never to the lost.

Now let's let the Bible speak for Itself....
Mal. 4:1 ¶ For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Lu. 20: 17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Ps 68:2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

Ps 21:9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.

Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Ps 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
God made us that way. “He has put eternity into man’s heart” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). We are created in God’s image, and God loves life and lives forever. We were made to live forever.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God made us that way. “He has put eternity into man’s heart” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). We are created in God’s image, and God loves life and lives forever. We were made to live forever.
I agree!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolazaran View Post
The bible is not a doctrine of man! the bible is the inspired word of God!!
I believe you need to research a lot more.
boy you must not have read my post correctly!! At the top of this thread is the question "do you believe in eternal punishment?" I said NO, because it's a doctrine of men. The doctrine that the wicked are punished for ever and ever IS the doctrine of men. (started by Augistine and Thomas Aquinus). Did these two men write the Bible? I don't think so, but they did start the DOCTRINE of eternal punishment. Why in the world would I say the Bible is the doctrine of men. You need to do some research on the doctrine of eternal punishement before you acccuse me of acusations such as you did !!

The Bible does not teach the doctrine of eternal punishment.
Jesus didn't teach it
Paul didn't teach it
And the early church father's didn't teach it
It started with Augistine and Thomas Aquinus in 1245 , and then was 'furthered' by Dante and eventually became the what people believed. It never even entered God's mind to put His children in the fire, and God says to do so PROFANES God's Name!!

Jer. 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Mr 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

EVERYONE, and that includes the angels of heaven itself, are to be salted with fire. Does this mean God spends His time running around sprinkling liberal amounts of salt from a shaker? Of course not! That would not only be silly, but absurd as well. The words "Salt" and "Fire" are here being used in a symbolic manner. What is salt? Salt is a condiment that is used to bring out or flavor food. It is also a preservative. What is fire? Fire can be used to cook. Fire can be used to totally destroy, and fire is also used to refine. The Almighty passed judgment on this doctrine when it was first instituted with a lesser pagan 'god' called Moloch. At a time when Baal was the major pagan lie used by Satan to corrupt Jews of the house of Israel away from the true worship of the Creator. Moloch, or as the Jews called him, Molech, was an absolutely vicious god that was supposed to be in control of fire.

You are the one who needs to do some research IN THE WORD OF GOD!!

Last edited by mshipmate; 02-01-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity