Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,902 times

Advertisements

I had an amazing experience so years ago, my brother and I had words, and I toll him that I didn't want to hear him preach because he had said something that really hurt me, He didn't want me to talk to his children about God but he could talk to mind so I didn't want to hear him, but my Dad who is a minister as well ask me to come. so I agreed to come. but when I was aguing with my brother, he said I wantn't saved, and I got mad and told him that if I wasn't saved that I was going to bust hell wide open and that, he was a hipocrate, and that if I had to be like him that I wouldn't go to church. well that morning I went to my dads church were my brother was preaching and low and behold I couldn't hear my brother at all when he was bring forth the word of god, but I did here a voice from on high. As my brother was preaching I coundn't here him at all but it was that very moment that he started preaching that I heard the quite still voice grentely call me by name, not from my brother but from somewhere else. He said, Cindy come to me, I'm going to make you my vessel. I started to cry because I know it was the voice of God calling me. I looked around to see if anyone was talking to me, but I new it was God. and not only could I not hear my brother , but I couldn't hear anyone else eather. There mouths were moving in slow motion, but I couldn't hear them. All sound had just stop! A second time the voice called me,but this time I was really weeping because I new this was undoubtedly the voice of God. [COLORB]He said [mod] it is better to omit personal identity within posts.[/mod][/b][/color] come to me I'm going to make you my vessel, only this time he called me by my frist and last name. Again the voive called me, but this time he said [mod] it is better to omit personal identification within posts [/mod] come to me I'm going to make you my vessel. God called me by my hold name, what it was at that time. I got up and went to the alter, as I got up in that old baptist church were they fan you and take you another room if you start shouting, people where shouting and speeking in tongue like I never seen in a baptist church ever before in my life, I was about 26yr's old at the time, I'm 53yr's now, as you can see that was so time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. Well it wasn't untill I got to the alter that I could her my brothers voice, he ask me what had happen and why was I crying, I told him what I had expereince! Man people were falling out and being purged, it was one of the most amazing moments of my life. but there was one person looking puzzled when church service was over! He was just sitting their, my son was tear falling from his eye's like something was on his mind so I went to him an ask him what was rong! He said moma I heard a voice to! I said what did the voice say! he said , the voice told me to go up their with your mother! I told him, son the next time you hear the voice of God harken not your heart, do what God tell you to do! I have had many thing happen sence then and many experience with God, I have so much to shair ! thank you for this kind of forum. gods people need to tell their story's

Last edited by june 7th; 05-26-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,902 times
Amen

Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Thank u so much for telling us this story, Cindy.

(I think u should delete your full name tho...being the internet and all.)

Nice to meet you.
Miss Hepburn

Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 AM

530 posts, read 903,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank u so much for telling us this story, Cindy.

(I think u should delete your full name tho...being the internet and all.)

Nice to meet you.
Miss Hepburn

Right !!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
I dont know if I had a psychotic break or if it was God but after my Mother passed I was so, so, so depressed I physically hurt. I wanted to die too. I was crying so hard one night and I swear I heard "It's going to be okay." I felt cold chills and I felt like I was being wrapped in a hug. and I heard "I AM Here" the thing is I havent believed in God since I was kid. I wasnt a super devout christian that was chosen to speak to. I still don't really know what to think. If my mind just snapped and created a delusion for survival or if God reached down to comfort me and say hey Im here!!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
In reply to God's audible voice. Yes I heard it. I was about three years old, my Father was telling me about God as we were looking out the window (cleveland Ohio). God said "What your Father is saying IS TRUTH...I AM" I was so excited! My Father was saying that God lives above the clouds and he looks out for all the people on earth and we are his people.

So happy to share publicly. I spoke of God so much after this incident, my parents took me to talk to a priest, who asked me if I would like to dedicate my life to Christ. He also suggested being baptized. A year later my parents baptized me, but found out 'before' they could do that, they needed to marry in the church, and they did. Wow I heard God's audible voice. Without doubt. His voice was thundering & monotone, my Dad did not hear it. As I heard it, my Dad's voice was muffled and quieted, when I heard God's audible voice. I also always wondered why he didn't finish...I AM 'what'.........but as i grew and matured I learned through a NUN that God refers to himself as the great I AM. That in itself was a great thing to learn also.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,670 times
Some posters on this thread may wish to read comments today on www.city-data.com/forum/groups/32-bible-talk.html

Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippoplatapus View Post
I dont know if I had a psychotic break or if it was God but after my Mother passed I was so, so, so depressed I physically hurt. I wanted to die too. I was crying so hard one night and I swear I heard "It's going to be okay." I felt cold chills and I felt like I was being wrapped in a hug. and I heard "I AM Here" the thing is I havent believed in God since I was kid. I wasnt a super devout christian that was chosen to speak to. I still don't really know what to think. If my mind just snapped and created a delusion for survival or if God reached down to comfort me and say hey Im here!!
Beautiful, psychotic break to a doctor or mysticism to a spiritual person...same thing...
But we know we are not nuts...but a line was crossed for sure...into the Divine Realm.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB2525 View Post
In reply to God's audible voice. Yes I heard it. I was about three years old, my Father was telling me about God as we were looking out the window (cleveland Ohio). God said "What your Father is saying IS TRUTH...I AM" I was so excited! My Father was saying that God lives above the clouds and he looks out for all the people on earth and we are his people.

So happy to share publicly. I spoke of God so much after this incident, my parents took me to talk to a priest, who asked me if I would like to dedicate my life to Christ. He also suggested being baptized. A year later my parents baptized me, but found out 'before' they could do that, they needed to marry in the church, and they did. Wow I heard God's audible voice. Without doubt. His voice was thundering & monotone, my Dad did not hear it. As I heard it, my Dad's voice was muffled and quieted, when I heard God's audible voice. I also always wondered why he didn't finish...I AM 'what'.........but as i grew and matured I learned through a NUN that God refers to himself as the great I AM. That in itself was a great thing to learn also.
Wonderful, treasure it...may you be open to Him again.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,671 times
I have heard the voice of God but before that I went throw what job went threw all.my skin fell off my hands and feet I was just about 119lbs dyeing giving up I keep praying and seeking God it was terrible pain but I kept playing my piano and also worshiping finally I went to church walking with a cane God healed me right then I walked out healed I then started hearing the voice and also fire rose up in my belly now when I worship fire sets on my right side and back others can fill it also I have witnesses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity