Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,844,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If that were true then you are admitting that God created an unstable creation. What if other angels decide to rebel? The clay does not have control over it`s potter. Give God more credit than that. He created for a purpose..not lose most of it to his adversary. He created everything perfect..perfect for his purpose. If something is perfect,it doesn`t become the opposite.
Yes but freewill is the imperfection because it gives the creation a choice. I do not wish to take anything from God, but you are right in that He created everything perfect including freewill, but it was man and the fallen angels who perverted it. There perversion was a choice that had imperfect repricussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,215,431 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with Jonathan Mitchell from Flagstaff, Arizona? We had the honour of meeting him and his wife in '07. He is currently translating the New Testament Koine Greek into the Jonathan Mitchell Translation. I will attempt to put the link up for his New Testament a little later, and his writing on the sheep and the goats.
Hi Birdy, thanks for post #216. I read some of the translation a few years ago. Thanks for the link. God bless.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,583,497 times
Quote:
Unfortunately the church has put this mindset into a lot of people with it`s heretical teaching. But rest assured,only God can changer people`s hearts and show them the truth. We are but the clay,he is the potter. He will shine his truth on everyone and then every kneee will bow and tongue confess. We shall all be put back together just the way the mighty creator planned and he will not lose the majority of his creation to the adversary he created...no matter how much the church tells you he will.
Becareful who you accuse with heresy? You shouldn't use that term loosely. All your verses can more than easily be explained away when translated correctly. All roads do not lead to God, that is exactly what you believe.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-12-2009 at 06:51 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yes but freewill is the imperfection because it gives the creation a choice.

I do not wish to take anything from God, but you are right in that He created everything perfect including freewill, but it was man and the fallen angels who perverted it. There perversion was a choice that had imperfect repricussions.
God brought all into existence knowing what would happen in the creation. He knew that Adam would sin and He knew what would transpire in the creation. We are all created and become sinners. We could not prevent this if we wanted to. Where is free will in this? Jesus was the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, so this tells me that it wasn't about free will. The lamb was already slain. The lamb was slain for all men and all men were born to need the lamb. God subjected the creation to futility and He will deliver it and change it into the glorious freedom of the children of God. (Romans 8) God bless.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
He will shine his truth on everyone and then every kneee will bow and tongue confess. We shall all be put back together just the way the mighty creator planned and he will not lose the majority of his creation to the adversary he created...no matter how much the church tells you he will
Amen, spm62. God bless.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,749,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually RSH all people can look forward to the same fate. Our atoms will be recycled and reused. I believe that we will be returned to the nothingness we had before birth....And by the way, do not send me any more of your nasty private messages.
may the god force be with you all ...and all particals shall be created equal and dispersed evenly throughout the milkyway galaxy and beyond the perimeters of the whole expanding univers.... we shall all become dust.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You are trying to base God`s judgement and ways on your own flawed interpretation of what jusdgement is. You are walking a slippery slope when you limit God my friend and go around telling everyone if they don`t believe your intepretation then the almighty God will throw them into torment forever. But it is as Jesus told the Father when he was crucified..forgive them for they know not what they do. If you were in control,you wouldn`t have asked for forgiveness for those,you would be ready to banish them to a pit of torture for an eternity. It is obvious you do not know or understand the spiritual things of God. You see everything on the surface and interpret scripture that way. It is easy to tell that you have been heavily influenced by the fundamentalist teaching crowd.
This is God`s creation and he is in control of it no matter how much power and credit you want to give to man. It is a shame the church has limited God and given man more power than we deserve. That is how they justify their flawed teaching. But you are just blinded at the present. Your eyes will be opened. You will come to understand the love,mercy and spiritual things of God..his plan for creation. Just pray that it happens in this age.
LOL.....LOL....I am walking a slippery slope.....LOL. According to your belief I am going to heaven anyway.....LOL. I can do anything, murder 50 people and still go to heaven. Infact why are you even debating us for. I mean what's the point. WE ARE ALL GOING TO HEAVEN. Remember

Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 PM

63,943 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.....LOL....I am walking a slippery slope.....LOL. According to your belief I am going to heaven anyway.....LOL. I can do anything, murder 50 people and still go to heaven. Infact why are you even debating us for. I mean what's the point. WE ARE ALL GOING TO HEAVEN. Remember
The issue isn't where we will eventually end up, Fundy . . . it is when and what we might have to endure to get there.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The issue isn't where we will eventually end up, Fundy . . . it is when and what we might have to endure to get there.
In my unbeliever days I use to be in some wicked dealings, I knew drug dealers who are living a pretty good life whereas Christians in the Orissa State have bounty on their heads struggling everyday to survive. Alot of bad people live wonderful lives as they kill and step on people and yet they are going to heaven?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I agree. And I don't believe that it is really about going to heaven. It's about being reconciled to God. Believers are a part of God's plan to restore all to Himself. He works in and through us for example to spread the good news.

Quote:
In my unbeliever days I use to be in some wicked dealings, I knew drug dealers who are living a pretty good life whereas Christians in the Orissa State have bounty on their heads struggling everyday to survive. Alot of bad people live wonderful lives as they kill and step on people and yet they are going to heaven?
If every single person that ever lived comes to the point when they realize who and what they are, that they are lost, in need of Savior, return to God, turning away from sinfulness, why is this wrong, Fundamentalist? Do you not want the salvation of all men? Do you not want for all to repent and return to God as God does? He will have all to be saved and come to a knowlege of the truth. We simply believe that God will accomplish this. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity