Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 PM

605 posts, read 1,110,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Do you believe donkeys can talk, though?*

*warning - loaded question

Well the one in Shrek could. He was funny too but he looks nothing like Eddie Murphy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Well the one in Shrek could. He was funny too but he looks nothing like Eddie Murphy.
Yeah, hillarious.

The point is, none of us believe until He opens our eyes. In no way would I put you or anyone else down. He's a good and just God, who loves us all.

We'll meet someday, and laugh about all of this.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,849,787 times
Original Post;

All unbelievers will join the fallen angels in their chosen eternity.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Original Post;

All unbelievers will join the fallen angels in His chosen eternity.
Fixed.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:15 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,383 times
Quote:
I guess the final answer to the question is:

There will be no unbelievers.
That`s it Elmer. God will eventually restore everyone..drawing them and putting it in their hearts. Unfortunately, it comes down to free will. People believe they have the power or free will to know and understand the truth on their own. That`s why they don`t get it. That`s why they have a hard time understanding the truth of God`s word. Their ego or pride is a stumbling block for them. They have bought into man`s teaching that we have the knowledge and power. The creation controls the creator or at the very least, the creation has tied the hands of the creator. Therefore, God will lose almost all that he has created to his adversary.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:18 PM

10 posts, read 12,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Ummmmm....I did not realize I was giving a slavery history lesson or displaying my knowledge of Africa since this is a theological forum but ok
It just went over your head huh? Ok, if Ghana (and countries near by), for example, had been left alone, without the "help" of Europeans (under the guise of bring Christianity)...they would have probably formed a more stable type of government. If you knew your history, you would not have made such a ridiculous comment or asked such a ridiculous question...suggesting the problems that many African nations are experiencing is totally of their own making.

Last edited by Jada515; 02-12-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,849,787 times
Quote:
Fixed.
No it was right the first time, the Fallen Angels made their choice and unbelievers make theirs.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,410,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You are trying to base God`s judgement and ways on your own flawed interpretation of what jusdgement is. You are walking a slippery slope when you limit God my friend and go around telling everyone if they don`t believe your intepretation then the almighty God will throw them into torment forever. But it is as Jesus told the Father when he was crucified..forgive them for they know not what they do. If you were in control,you wouldn`t have asked for forgiveness for those,you would be ready to banish them to a pit of torture for an eternity. It is obvious you do not know or understand the spiritual things of God. You see everything on the surface and interpret scripture that way. It is easy to tell that you have been heavily influenced by the fundamentalist teaching crowd.
This is God`s creation and he is in control of it no matter how much power and credit you want to give to man. It is a shame the church has limited God and given man more power than we deserve. That is how they justify their flawed teaching. But you are just blinded at the present. Your eyes will be opened. You will come to understand the love,mercy and spiritual things of God..his plan for creation. Just pray that it happens in this age.
I want absolutely nothing to do with a god that will torture his creations.
I want absolutley nothing to do with a god that promises to torture his creations.

If that means that I go to hell, well then I would prefer to be there, than in the unforgiving, hate filled, anger driven heaven with that tyrant. It makes Sadam Hussein and/or Hitler look tame.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I want absolutely nothing to do with a god that will torture his creations.
I want absolutley nothing to do with a god that promises to torture his creations.

If that means that I go to hell, well then I would prefer to be there, than in the unforgiving, hate filled, anger driven heaven with that tyrant. It makes Sadam Hussein and/or Hitler look tame.
Unfortunately the church has put this mindset into a lot of people with it`s heretical teaching. But rest assured,only God can changer people`s hearts and show them the truth. We are but the clay,he is the potter. He will shine his truth on everyone and then every kneee will bow and tongue confess. We shall all be put back together just the way the mighty creator planned and he will not lose the majority of his creation to the adversary he created...no matter how much the church tells you he will.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No it was right the first time, the Fallen Angels made their choice and unbelievers make theirs.
If that were true then you are admitting that God created an unstable creation. What if other angels decide to rebel? The clay does not have control over it`s potter. Give God more credit than that. He created for a purpose..not lose most of it to his adversary. He created everything perfect..perfect for his purpose. If something is perfect,it doesn`t become the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity