Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times

Advertisements

How can you tell the difference between the wheat and the tares?
Since they both look alike, talk alike, act alike?
Think about the story of Little Red Riding Hood a fable but has remarkable similarities to the "Wheat and Tares and how to tell them apaart, and why you might want to stay in your church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Man looks at the outward appearance, but Jesus looks at the heart.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
They may look and sound the same, but by their fruit you shall know them. No good tree bears bad fruit, and no bad tree bears good fruit...

Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Who told you they "look alike, talk alike, act alike" ?

Some preacher?

All the scripture says is that they must grow together as pulling up the tares would also uproot the wheat.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
The answer is found in a few verse down....

Matthew 13:36-43
"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world (end of the age); and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them also which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-02-2009 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Think about the story of Little Red Riding Hood a fable but has remarkable similarities to the "Wheat and Tares and how to tell them apaart, and why you might want to stay in your church
You know what the great thing is?
We don't have to tell the difference!
We are truly free - to love!
Because the harvest isn't here yet.
We are waiting for harvest.
The wheat and the tares are not separated, yet.
That will happen later.
I'm so glad...so glad that I don't have to judge anyone's salvation, and
where they belong. I don't want that responsibility!
And I know I do not have the required information, to make those kind
of judgements. I'm happy to wait for the Lord. He alone, is able. He alone,
is able to take us one by one, knowing our hearts and minds, our experience, our problems, etc., and make the kind of judgement, that needs to be made.
That isn't something any human is capable of.
We are able to identify evil, and so on, but that is a very different thing.
As for "staying in your church," we are the church. Blood-bought, blood-washed people, are the church.
The church is not a building made with hands.
If your feeling of safety comes from a building, I am afraid for you, because of recent events, like the man who walked into a church building, and shot the pastor in front of everyone.
Could the Lord have prevented that? I'm sure He could have - but He didn't. Why? Because Satan was loosed in the world already, but I believe the Lord did not intervene, as a sign. He wants those that are listening, to see, and understand, that our safety as Christians does not rest in a building or demonination, it rests in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
He alone.
Not a building, not a denomination.

If you have a church that is serving your needs, and you are ministering to others there, that's awesome. But that's not where your security lies.

Your security is in Jesus, and Him alone.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Some preacher?

All the scripture says is that they must grow together as pulling up the tares would also uproot the wheat.
I was in church for a long time and yes they do look alike, talk alike, and act alike. The big difference is in what they claim to be. I've seen so called christians do worse things that the so called heathen!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Some preacher?

Not speaking for anyone... but we must also consider scripture as precepts and priciples. If you've ever planted a garden or did some farming you realize very fast certain weeds "mask" their true identity until they are more mature or their roots have inter-twined with what has been sowen.

If satan sowes his seeds among believers I believe it's reasonable to assume they will very close to what other believers look like. Satan probably wouldn't send a overt sinner into the midst of believers...he's too cunning and deceitful, Satan is a smart guy... he wouldn't plant ragweed in an orange grove... to obvious... he would plant something that would "blend in" and appear like wheat but not be wheat.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
They may look and sound the same, but by their fruit you shall know them. No good tree bears bad fruit, and no bad tree bears good fruit...
All trees have good fruit and bad fruit. So now how do you judge the tree?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Not speaking for anyone... but we must also consider scripture as precepts and priciples. If you've ever planted a garden or did some farming you realize very fast certain weeds "mask" their true identity until they are more mature or their roots have inter-twined with what has been sowen.

If satan sowes his seeds among believers I believe it's reasonable to assume they will very close to what other believers look like. Satan probably wouldn't send a overt sinner into the midst of believers...he's too cunning and deceitful, Satan is a smart guy... he wouldn't plant ragweed in an orange grove... to obvious... he would plant something that would "blend in" and appear like wheat but not be wheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity