Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,672,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
from just watching colossal gyms and gymnastics.

what is the wisdom behind this?....i just can't figure it out!!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
what is the wisdom behind this?....i just can't figure it out!!...
where do you normally locate the seat of wisdom, huh?

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-27-2009 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: \!!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:09 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,656,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I might have you beat on the Clumsiest Title! lol... I spent my youngest's 3rd birthdy in the Emergency Room because I fell down an entire flight of stairs and was out of commission for about two months... the thing is- nobody in my family was shocked. I could fall down just standing still! lol..... My husband jokes me need to move to a ranch so I don't have the danger of stairs! lol.....
LOL ! Welcome to the club SKBS, nice to see I am in good company.

I think being left handed, short sighted and clumsy is one heck of a combination and I am now known for being able to locate even the tiniest shard of glass should a glass break in our house. We'll clean up the mess , then hoover thoroughly but you can bet I will somehow find a way to pick up a sliver of the sharp stuff !

Should anyone ever need help to locate a needle in a haystack I am the one person to be relied upon ! It's a gift and a curse. OK just a curse but it causes endless fascination from my friends and loved ones.

My Fiance always looks slightly worried when I am handling sharp objects like knives etc... I hate cooking but do it regulalrly but have had to learn to know my limitations and that hot liquid in heavy saucepans and me do not mix too well so i will not carry any.

At least thank goodness I only tend to injure myself , so far no victims of my clumsiness .

Old 04-27-2009, 04:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,672,388 times
[quote=effie briest;8540734]where do you normally locate the seat of wisdom, huh?

[/quote .....LOL!!!!!!!!!.....

Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,760,634 times
What a wonderful thread, Sweet Blue. I was so happy to see all the old "faces" posting on here! I hope everyone is doing well!
I am a happily married, homeschooling mom of three children. I live in New Jersey, but my heart will always be in NC, just like my friend, ILNC.
I am a 42 yr.old brunette and stay in pretty good shape. I have to go to the gym regularly because I LOVE FOOD! Cooking it, and eating it! I refuse to diet, so I sweat it out instead.

I don't post much here anymore. It's too hard to read some of the arguments and outright hatred (on all ends). There have always been arguments here, but in the past year I've seen much more anger. It saddens me, but I do come on and love to see posts from the old timers!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,297,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

I think being left handed, short sighted and clumsy is one heck of a combination ...

Something tells June you won't be thinkin' that come another six months, my dear! Don't even think of asking anyone in attendance at the "you know what" to help assist a short sighted, clumsy lady! Oh no! You're on your own if you venture near the lake!

They don't allow that sorta thing over here.

-Especially up in "gasp!" Maine!

June's advice: Think flannel.

(And bring your own 'underwear' when you come.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer

My Fiance always looks slightly worried when I am handling sharp objects like knives etc...

Okay, now you're scaring June!

Does this mean she needs to rethink that gift she bought ya for the "you know what?"

Love ya, my dear!

Six months and counting...!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,656,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Something tells June you won't be thinkin' that come another six months, my dear! Don't even think of asking anyone in attendance at the "you know what" to help assist a short sighted, clumsy lady! Oh no! You're on your own if you venture near the lake!

They don't allow that sorta thing over here.

-Especially up in "gasp!" Maine!

June's advice: Think flannel.

(And bring your own 'underwear' when you come.)

Okay, now you're scaring June!

Does this mean she needs to rethink that gift she bought ya for the "you know what?"

Love ya, my dear!

Six months and counting...!!!!

As I said so far I have only managed to injure myself so you should be quite at safe at least from this quarter. I will try to remain a respectable distance from attending grandees just in case.

Heck who knows, maybe "you know what" might be the cure to my "butter-fingeriness". Maybe I should stick with spoons and avoid all sharp objects on the day ?!? Or I could wrap myself in bubble-wrap ( that floats so not too incompatible with a Lakeside setting).

Underwear ? Who needs it ? I thought "au naturel" was all the rage in flannel-land ? Darn , must add that to the list then....

Love ya back but I'm not kissing any Moose simply to fulfill some weird fantasies you sick people have about Maine. Period.

See you at the "you know what" in October, "you know where".

Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,529,318 times
ahhhh, la haute cuisine ....

"je me souviens des jours anciens, et je ...."

just another 2 cents ....

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-28-2009 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: on a diplomatic note: très inspirée

Old 04-28-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post

I was so happy to see all the old "faces" posting on here!

I do come on and love to see posts from the old timers!

June misses Ms. Charlotte!

June wishes we had an Alumni Thread!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Underwear ? Who needs it ? I thought "au naturel" was all the rage in flannel-land ?

Listen, Moose: That "au naturel" business may fly over there on your side of the Pond, but we Americans have our moral standards!

If I were you, I'd sure remember to pack some underwear!

June's thinkin' (recalling) something along the lines of something called a...what...?

Begins with "N" and has something to do with belts?

Pack ahead.

Avoid the rush!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity