Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 07:09 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieCT View Post
It's great to meet you skbs.
back at ya....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,962 times
Default Hi ChristieCT...

quote=ChristieCT;8527530]...very nice to meet you!..
  • My husband will be teaching at Harvard starting in the fall, so we'll probably be relocating to be a bit closer to Cambridge (we'd like to be within 2 hours). We're considering Glastonbury, CT, which is how I discovered this wonderful board!
...wonderful ancient manuscripts there...I was just looking over them on the web.
  • I'm an "unconventional" Christian by the standards of most of the people I know, which can be kind of a lonely experience, but some of the people I've met on this board have made me feel much better. The first time I really contemplated the existence of God was when I noticed in science class that the structure of an atom looked much like the structure of a solar system. It certainly got me thinking . . .
  • I'm a logical, rational sort with a love of astronomy, biology, anthropology, and history. When I look at the universe, I see more than "design".
...might I suggest that you go to page 2 on this forum, and locate the thread titled: "Anybody heard of Louis Giglio?"...watch all 5 videos...they are excellant...seeing your interests, you may truly enjoy them! Got laminen?...

Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,888,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Awe....Bud, your fur babies they're so cute!!! I have a Min Pin also. Except we did not have his ears clipped! He was to cute with his natural ears.
Especially his left one always flopped over when he was younger. He is so much fun....He sings, prays, just loves to jabber!! And drive the Dachshund's crazy!!!

He is about 6 mon. in this picture....

Here are my other three fur buddies....
Three miniature Dachshundies.....
Left to right,

Toby, Riley, and Daisy, who also likes to wear her ears flipped!!!

Love them all....

Hi Curly...love your pics!!! These little "guys" are so wonderful to have, aren't they? Our little Annie didn't have her ears clipped either...I too think they just looked better the way God made'em...why mess with perfection? Here's another pic of Annie (and yes, that is a pacifier she has in her mouth)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/KL7EU/Annie2.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-27-2009, 06:52 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,638,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I should have taken the "bunny" thing seriously.

It's me paying un-attention to the micro-moosics

Will you kill me if I say "Madame"?
Not unless my "Miss Piggy" karate chop is far more effective than previously thought !

Heck I will be "Madame" from October so why fight it ? The only way you might ever come to harm from this quarter is by accident as I forgot to say I am also the clumsiest person ( still alive ) I know...

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Not unless my "Miss Piggy" karate chop is far more effective than previously thought !

Heck I will be "Madame" from October so why fight it ? The only way you might ever come to harm from this quarter is by accident as I forgot to say I am also the clumsiest person ( still alive ) I know...
I might have you beat on the Clumsiest Title! lol... I spent my youngest's 3rd birthdy in the Emergency Room because I fell down an entire flight of stairs and was out of commission for about two months... the thing is- nobody in my family was shocked. I could fall down just standing still! lol..... My husband jokes me need to move to a ranch so I don't have the danger of stairs! lol.....

Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,982,281 times
verna, and tdkmom, thank you very much for the kind comments on my picture here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/8482290-post7.html You are very special!

Tony

Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
verna, and tdkmom, thank you very much for the kind comments on my picture here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/8482290-post7.html You are very special!

Tony
O Pontifex Maximus, I thought I was the lone Tony in the house. Who's the usurper?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,243,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Hi Curly...love your pics!!! These little "guys" are so wonderful to have, aren't they? Our little Annie didn't have her ears clipped either...I too think they just looked better the way God made'em...why mess with perfection? Here's another pic of Annie (and yes, that is a pacifier she has in her mouth)...

I love MinPins and we have a 9 year old Stag Red female. Ours had her ears cropped before we got her at 4 months, but I like them either way. Crazy little dogs, and very smart. They say not to have them around little kids, but so far so good as she's done well with our twins. We have them practice petting her "gentle" to teach them not to hurt her, which is working well.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,243,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

BTW, how does a MinPin manage in Alaska? Ours hates the snow and when it gets below about 15, she just shivers so bad when I take her out. Or a couple times we had snow deeper than her, so I had to shovel part of the lawn!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Tony
...and you kind sir ARE very, VERY easy on the eyes!!.........!! I have a hat just like that...it came straight from Australia...you look good in yours!......Tony...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity