Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Satan was allowed to stand in the presence of God. YOu can't cut off the beginning of scripture and give the other half. YOu should know better than that, or do you?

Look unto me, and be saved.

I know what this means, but not what you are saying that it means.

All the ends of the world (safe to say all people) shall remember and turn unto the Lord, and worship before thee

NOw where does this scripture say anything about the wicked being punished and then in heaven. If you are going to keep giving me scripture that is not answering my question, I will continue to seek your answer.

Is worshipping God, worshipping him in hell and then him bringing them into heaven?

It does not say anything about all those who are bowing are going to be in heaven?

I tired of going around in circles and not answering from your side. I am only asking what the scripture says, and not what you think it says!! I'm done with this.
Where does the scripture say were going to heaven after we die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Where does the scripture say were going to heaven after we die?
The christian heaven is in the same place as eternal hell in the tree of knowledge of good and evil .

Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM

11,941 posts, read 3,771,930 times
Quote:
I am defending scripture, you are defending your belief without scripture.

PCamps has shown and quoted lots of scripture the same as you

You are defending the scriptures that you have chosen to support your doctrine of an eternal hell for the wicked (meaning all who don't believe) and an eternal heaven for those that are believers (and because they are believers they must be good).

Are you going to answer my question? Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven?
Where does it say that believers "go to heaven" we are told of the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God, and there is to be a new heaven and earth, the new jerusalem comes down from heaven - it seems that heaven and "hell" are not final destinations. The kingdom of God is about subduing the earth under the control of Jesus. (1 Cor 15:22-28)

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

After
the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven and after those not in the book of life are experiencing the "lake of fire" which is the second death there is healing for the nations and the nations which are saved will walk in its light.

Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be fil
led.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

When do the meek inherit the earth - that certainly has not happened yet

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-10-2009 at 05:59 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I am defending scripture, you are defending your belief without scripture.

Are you going to answer my question? Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven?
Miss shawn, where does it say people who go to hell never go to heaven?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Does the scripture say that. Can a demon stand in God's presence, no, it doesn't matter if his back is turned.

It doesn't say how they will bow, it says every knee shall bown. YOu are adding you input.

LIke I said before it doesn't matter what I think in them bowing on what the scriptures, and the scriptures does not say anything about all looking unto God, it say look unto me, and be saved. It doesn not say all are looking unto God.

Most people get upset because I refuse to say what is not in scripture. They add what they think, but it does't say what theyare saying.

And it is clear who is adding to the scriptures. Because I asked you a simple question and you couldn't answer.

Does this say that all are looking unto so they can be saved?
Miss Shawn, where does it say in scripture that God is not the savior of all men?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 PM

well, if it doesn't say it exactly like i want it to, then it must not be true right? Thats your logic miss Shawn.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
my main focus is Jesus, but I am asking you to provide what you believe in!

I already provided my answer on what you provided. This leads me to see that you really don't have, I guess what you say you believe. I have learned nothing about your belief and don't even see why you believe it, if you can't provide scripture.

The funny thing is I am not even preaching to you about eternal torment. I am simply asking for scripture on what you believe. The univ. that I have spoken to they believe that hell is for an age and then they will eventually be in hell. Well, I would like to see that scripture.

Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven.
Psa 22:27
"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee"

Psalm 80:3
"Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved."

So if God turns the nations to himself, if the nations turn to god, they will be saved. Still not good enough right?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-10-2009 at 06:10 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 06:53 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,317,144 times
Quote:
Miss shawn, where does it say people who go to hell never go to heaven?
Isaiah 26:14

They are dead, they will not live;
They are deceased, they will not rise.
Therefore You have punished and destroyed them,
And made all their memory to perish.

So, if they are destroyed and perish, what does that mean?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Psa 22:27
"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee"

Psalm 80:3
"Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved."

So if God turns the nations to himself, if the nations turn to god, they will be saved. Still not good enough right?
I don't know you tell me, does it say that all will turn and be in heaven?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
well, if it doesn't say it exactly like i want it to, then it must not be true right? Thats your logic miss Shawn.
My logic is providing the scripture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity