Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
NO, I am not defending a made up doctrine. How is asking you to answer a question, defending doctrine. I want get into this today, I asked you one question all day with no answer. I want waste my time today.
Well Miss Shawn i am not provoking you I want a simple answer from you'

Isaiah 51 verse 1 says the righteous perish, so according to christian doctrine the righteous are in hell , because you believe(christians) if you perish you go to hell.

How can the righteous perish in hell ?

Answer this.

Where does it say God cannot save those that are destroyed ?

You can't start saying you are provoked when you are doing the very same thing, but now you are without answer you start saying you are being provoked ,please.

You have demanded answers from me , i have answered you time and time again, and now you are realizing you are making out our savior as a monster tyrant you saying you are provoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,467 times
Quote:
How can the righteous perish in hell ?
The wicked are going to perish in hell, ps 9:

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times
Quote:
Isaiah 26:14

They are dead, they will not live;
They are deceased, they will not rise.
Therefore You have punished and destroyed them,
And made all their memory to perish.

So, if they are destroyed and perish, what does that mean?
I don't see the words hell or heaven in the scripture.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

Isaiah 51 verse 1 The righteous perish

You christians believe perish means sent to ET

Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
God is the savior for all men, but will all come to Christ? We have the free will to reject Him if we like.

Christ said you refuse to come to me to have life. John 5:40. So, if they are refusing to come to Christ, how can they have life?
Again you fail to answer my question with scriptural evidence of your belief. Just more of your indoctrinated rhetoric.

You know what, it never says that in the scripture at all, but it does say that he is the savior of all men. Just because someone doesn't come in life doesn't mean that wont come in the resurrection.

Tell me miss Shawn where does the bible say that you don't get any more chances after you die?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Miss Shawn where does it say we can reject him if we like ?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
No, I am not
Miss Shawn, Your defend the fallacious doctrine of eternal hell which has been proven time and again scripturally fabricated by mistranslation and bad exegesis as if it were the reputation of you virginal daughter ... Like you have a personal stake in the non reality of infinite torture. Your version of what is known as cartoon Christianity where angels dance on clouds with harps and dead Christians pass peter on their way through the pearly gates and sinners are thrown into the fire pit of monsters and demons at the center of the earth is charlatan. You people are plainly determined in your hearts to see the majority of the world suffer the most extreme torture ever imagined by anyone. You are all blood thirsty and that is the plain truth. The more i read from the hell crowd the more you all remind me of Hitler. Hitler and Nebuchadnezzar also liked to burn people who they thought were unclean or who did not believe in their god. Your "god" has more in common with nebuchadnezzar and Hitler than he does with Jesus.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-11-2009 at 01:08 PM..

Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Miss Shawn, Your defend the fallacious doctrine of eternal hell which has been proven time and again scripturally fabricated by mistranslation and bad exegesis as if it were the reputation of you virginal daughter ... Like you have a personal stake in the non reality of infinite torture. Your version of what is known as cartoon Christianity where angels dance on clouds with harps and dead Christians pass peter on their way through the pearly gates and sinners are thrown into the fire pit of monsters and demons at the center of the earth is charlatan. You people are plainly determined in your hearts to see the majority of the world suffer the most extreme torture ever imagined by anyone. You are all blood thirsty and that is the plain truth. The more i read from the hell crowd the more you all remind me of Hitler. Hitler and Nebuchadnezzar liked to burn people to who they thought were unclean or who did not believe in their God. Your "god" has more in common with nebuchadnezzar and Hitler than he does with Jesus.
Can't argue with that.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
When I look at scripture, I don't look at it based on doctrine. I look at it for what it says. Confusion comes when people try to read between the lines instead of reading the scripture and taking it for what it says.

Well, now I do, because I don't see the scripture to prove your belief or your explanation either.

I don't focus my time or spend alot of time on how long hell will be. My only concern is knowing and understanding what scripture says.

Some univ. say that they believe that God will punish persons in hell for an age, ok, well, if He does, does it say that God will then bring them from hell into His presence? But if you flipped the question around on me, and said does it say that they want be with God? Well, it does because they are being destroyed, and it doesn't say that God is restoring them in His presence.

See, I don't see any prove in scripture. I only see that God will punish and destroy the wicked. So, I am just reading scripture. I'm not against univ. I just don't see any scripture to back it up.
Its funny miss shawn that you say you don't have any doctrinal bias in your studying the bible yet your conclusions are as far as I can tell 100% fundamental protestant nondenominational cartoon Christianity as if it were from the back of the same crackerjack box every other Fundamentalist Christian is eating from.

Don't you think it strange that the vast majority of Christians in the first 4 centuries believed in universal reconciliation or apocatastasis? Many of whom spoke koine Greek natively and Hebrew as well? Isn't it funny that in the 6th century when Rome legally gained power over Christianity all the sudden UR becomes heresy and Eternal torture becomes Gospel truth!? These facts mean nothing to you ... Why? Because you want eternal hell to be true, and that is all i am left to conclude from your words.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-11-2009 at 02:14 PM..

Old 07-11-2009, 04:51 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

They will not be wicked when they are converted, makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity