Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 02:57 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,342,722 times

Advertisements

This came in my mind:

Many claim that death in its theological sense is not primarily cessation of life but rather continuance of life in conscious misery.

I agree that death is separation from God,
not only from God, but also from friends, beloved ones, the pleasures of life…

However I think it is also separation from illness, sorrow and pain, it is separation from life itself, as God is the provider of life nothing can exist outside, absolutely separated from God.

Death separates, yes, from God and men, from joy and sorrow, good and evil. Death is the opposite of life, if life is "one" in binary numbers, death is "zero".

Life can be very painful, so if death is primarily a painful life worse than any normal life could be, it wouldn’t be the opposite of life.

I think it’s an artificial exegesis, to claim death in its theological sense means everlasting torment, the loss of only good things while bad things remain.

I agree that death is loss, but not only loss of good things, but of everything, it’s loss of joy, but also loss of sorrow, it’s loss of life, emotion, experience, consciousness and existence. Everything else is an irrational and artificial exegesis to twist the bible in my opinion. Death is an enemy worse enough, who of us wants to lose one’s friends, beloved ones? Who wants to be dead when he could experience joy and happiness? - I guess noone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:53 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I read the article, but the article doesn't really answer the questions that I was seeking in scripture. Goodnight
Miss Shawn if you are a student of the scripture like you say you are , you have to be reading it with doctrinal blinkers on.

Let's say for arguments sake the hell you believe in is really there in the scripture .
Well you know what Universal reconciliation is right there too.

Acts 3

21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1 Tim 2

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

The logic you use that man is able to restrict God's will because of his own will, defy's reason,logic and common sense and is a resounding God is not able to conquer because mans will supercedes His.

The evidence is clear that the word hell as been used by the KJV translators to replace the original words of Hades,Sheol,Gehenna and Tartarus.

So please give those who believe in UR at least some credit because the scriptures are their(even though you deny it)
and we know without a shadow of doubt that the word hell is not used in the original text like it is used in the KJV and other translations.

We also know that that the interpretation of Hades,Sheol,Gehenna and Tartarus does not mean eternal torture.

So my conclusion is you are defending a doctrine that as never been there in the first place.

Created by man and placed in there by man.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:49 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,396,744 times
Quote:
We also know that that the interpretation of Hades,Sheol,Gehenna and Tartarus does not mean eternal torture.
Thats because you are blind to the Truth..

Old 07-11-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Thats because you are blind to the Truth..
Morning beloved can you prove otherwise ?.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Morning beloved can you prove otherwise ?.
I cant prove truth to a person God has sent a strong delusion to believe a lie.. 2 thess 2:

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I cant prove truth to a person God has sent a strong delusion to believe a lie.. 2 thess 2:

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Laugh my head off , in otherwords you can't.

Does God send a strong delusion upon those who genuinely seek Him ?

Well let's rephrase the question can you explain to me a genuine seeker of God what hades , sheol , gehenna and tartarus please ?

Or if there is any other person willing please do so , the briefer the better . Thanks in advance .

Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,878 times
Quote:
Proverbs 19:9

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will perish.
Doesn't say not all are saved

Quote:

Psalm 73:27

Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

Quote:
Isaiah 41:4

All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.

Quote:

Matthew 10:28

28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Doesn't say not all are saved, you assert it to mean that. Since none of those actually says, not all are saved, I have no need to believe that it is saying that.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Laugh my head off , in otherwords you can't.
I just said i couldnt, its impossible for one lie yourself to do anything but believe a lie, to attempt to prove you wrong is futile and fighting against God who has chosen your delusion..

isa 66:

I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
i just said i couldnt, its impossible for one lie yourself to do anything but believe a lie, to attempt to prove you wrong is futile and fighting against god who has chosen your delusion..

Isa 66:

i also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when i called, none did answer; when i spake, they did not hear: But they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which i delighted not.
:d

Old 07-11-2009, 09:02 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,317,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Miss Shawn if you are a student of the scripture like you say you are , you have to be reading it with doctrinal blinkers on.

Let's say for arguments sake the hell you believe in is really there in the scripture .
Well you know what Universal reconciliation is right there too.

Acts 3

21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1 Tim 2

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

The logic you use that man is able to restrict God's will because of his own will, defy's reason,logic and common sense and is a resounding God is not able to conquer because mans will supercedes His.

The evidence is clear that the word hell as been used by the KJV translators to replace the original words of Hades,Sheol,Gehenna and Tartarus.

So please give those who believe in UR at least some credit because the scriptures are their(even though you deny it)
and we know without a shadow of doubt that the word hell is not used in the original text like it is used in the KJV and other translations.

So my conclusion is you are defending a doctrine that as never been there in the first place.

Created by man and placed in there by man.
NO, I am not defending a made up doctrine. How is asking you to answer a question, defending doctrine. I want get into this today, I asked you one question all day with no answer. I want waste my time today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity