Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
IF they lived out their entire lives KNOWING the Gospel message, and did not repent, and instead lived their lives out serving this world and it's ruler? Then, on their deathbed they ask for a pardon when it is all said and done?

Yep, I did.
I find this astonishing. I guess Jesus can't even save some people while they are still alive, let alone after the resurrection. I don't believe this. But I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

According to you Isaiah 55:7 does not always apply. Thankfully Isaiah 55:7 does not say that.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Deal with it?

Scripture does not say the flying monster who lives under my bed is real, but it says the devil prowls around seeking who he can devour. So, the flying monster under my bed MUST be real, because,,,,well, just because.
Talking to UR's is kind of like beating your head against a brick wall...not very enjoyable and rather painful. It's best just to let it die and move on to better things.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:54 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
You do though. You have based a doctrine saying there will be another life in which to repent, after the death of this one, right? This is not found in scripture, yet you base your understanding on it, and hold it as doctrine.
False accusations HotinAZ.

I have already given you the scripture on this. All will turn to the Lord, all will bow and confess and swear allegiance. This is a change of heart, this is repentance. Repentance comes from the kindness of God. God will reconcile all.

Your belief in an alleged "free will" is holding you back here. Do you think some will be too stuborn to repent when God reveals himself plainly?

Anyway, this repentance will most likely take place in the lake of fire. But this is a separate study, with many scripture to look at.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Talking to UR's is kind of like beating your head against a brick wall...not very enjoyable and rather painful. It's best just to let it die and move on to better things.

oh come on, you all should be wallowing in glee because yer suffrin for Jezus.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
False accusations HotinAZ.
No it isn't.

Quote:
I have already given you the scripture on this.
I refuted it using the Word. Those who bow will see the corpses of those who do not. Pretty simple. I don't need to make anything up, like you did, to conform my doctrine to the Word. The Word IS the doctrine.

Quote:
All will turn to the Lord, all will bow and confess and swear allegiance.
All will not. It says this, and I showed you this.

Quote:
This is a change of heart, this is repentance.
Repentance is now for believers. Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven IS at hand.

Quote:
Repentance comes from the kindness of God.
Huh? God's kindness now extends to forcing you to repentance? Then what was the purpose of the ministry of Jesus, or even John the Baptist?

Quote:
God will reconcile all.
All of His, but not ALL are His.

Quote:
Your belief in an alleged "free will" is holding you back here. Do you think some will be too stuborn to repent when God reveals himself plainly?
??

You just a couple of posts back gave the free will argument, and then you go against it. Make up your mind.

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Do you see this as God doing it, or the wicked person in question? It says "Let him", "Let the wicked". In other words, permission granted, by God. But because you have permission to do something, you still have the choice to do it, or not do it. That is the free will of man.

Quote:
Anyway, this repentance will most likely take place in the lake of fire.
Most likely? This is the best you got? An assumption?

Quote:
But this is a separate study, with many scripture to look at.
No, this one is enough for now.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
oh come on, you all should be wallowing in glee because yer suffrin for Jezus.
That was uncalled for.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
That was uncalled for.
Based on the comment I replied to it was perfect.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
How about you answer this one question? If God is not going to save everyone, even those who reject His son while living after death, why did He send His Son to die such a horrific death? Why not just sit back and save the few He wanted to??
John 3:16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

THAT'S WHY!!

Quote:
God sent His son to save the world. I believe it. You do not.?
That's just ridiculous and not worth my response.

Quote:
Now I will answer your question. Why did God send His son? To save the world. To take away sin. To defeat death. To be resurrected. To give us hope that resurrection after death is possible. To live as an example for how we should live. To bear the punishment for the world's sins. Is that enough?
See Jn 3:16-18 above.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
That was uncalled for.
Just consider the UR source and let it go.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Just consider the UR source and let it go.

I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity