Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I already spoke about 1 timothy, and Isaiah says nothing about all mean being saved. It is talking about God doing what He pleases. Of course God can do what He please, meaning anything.
Quote:
You want even take the scripture for what it is worth.
Well, the reason you contradict is because you do not take scripture for what it is worth. In Isaiah, it says "God will do ALL his desire" but here again, you change it to fit YOUR premise "but all men will not come to Him"

Quote:

Geeze, can you prove that Jesus is going to then go and get those people that He said would never enter.
If the result of this

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

means that, then so be it, your interpretation contradicts.

Quote:
Can you prove that Isaiah is saying that God is pleasing to bring everyone to Heaven from that verse of Isaiah.
Based on your use of "to wish" and Isaiah says "ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO" Then the result of 1 Timothy 2:4 is what it is. I do not need to prove anything to you, your use of "To Wish" makes the statement with scripture for me.

Quote:
If you are going to want to prove every scripture, you can't over look any as you say are contradictions. It only contradict what you believes.
Well, if you do not want to prove every scripture, that is your problem, not mine. You created a contradiction based on your interpretation, I haven't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, the reason you contradict is because you do not take scripture for what it is worth. In Isaiah, it says "God will do ALL his desire" but here again, you change it to fit YOUR premise "but all men will not come to Him"

If the result of this

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

means that, then so be it, your interpretation contradicts.

Based on your use of "to wish" and Isaiah says "ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO" Then the result of 1 Timothy 2:4 is what it is. I do not need to prove anything to you, your use of "To Wish" makes the statement with scripture for me.

Well, if you do not want to prove every scripture, that is your problem, not mine. You created a contradiction based on your interpretation, I haven't.
LOL, you prove nothing and only prove that UR are following a lie.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's strange how men take credit for repentence
It is because of the choice, I suppose Saul could have resisted forever.

But Saul is an example of what God does, we do not need commentary about it. What would there be in the example of saul to lead us to believe that God "seeking UNTIL He finds" is not seen through the example of Saul.

I can't think of anything.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
LOL, you prove nothing and only prove that UR are following a lie.

Your entitled to your opinion.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,375 times
Universalists only!!!!!

What does this verse mean in your opinion???

MATTHEW 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ihonestly want to know your opinion!!!
My curiosity is getting the best of me!!!

BTW I have never believed in the eternal torture called hell!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i agree. that is why i got my asbestos suit in layaway already.
but you know whole lota people livin like they are dead sure there is no hell.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i agree. that is why i got my asbestos suit in layaway already.
but you know whole lota people livin like they are dead sure there is no hell.

I lived once as if there was not going to be judgment from God, I have never been afraid of hell in all my life, but I went down a path once that religion would tell me I was beyond redemption.

I suffered and not righteously, I suffered the consequenses of my rebellion and I rightly know what God means when He gives us over to our desires.

But I know what God's mercy is all about too, I learned it differently than you and I know others may learn it in an even worse way than I did.

But I cannot rightly look at my life and determine scripture would tell me that God would not do what he did for me for everyone no matter how long it takes. Others are entitled to their conclusions, but I'm not going to draw them knowing my own life.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:15 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Universalists only!!!!!

What does this verse mean in your opinion???

MATTHEW 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ihonestly want to know your opinion!!!
My curiosity is getting the best of me!!!

BTW I have never believed in the eternal torture called hell!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
HUmmm, you mean to tell me no answer!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,375 times
miss shawn, I was confused by your last post could you explain please??
Thank you!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 09-05-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
HUmmm, you mean to tell me no answer!

Oh certainly you mean no one will answer forever, I mean it couldn't happen in an hour, tomorrow or the next day huh?

No wonder your say the things you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity