Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
My best advice to you is to read your bible and pray everyday to know if you are a Christian and stop listening to sheep and goats in this forum. It will only confuse you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
so this means you will stop posting?
I don`t care who you are, that`s funny right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I'm confused. I thought that Christians were compared to sheep? "
We are called sheep by the Lord when he calls himself our Good Shepherd.

He calls us also the "Light of the World" when talking about the way our lives should look to the Lost.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I'm confused. I thought that Christians were compared to sheep? Anyhow if it is between sheep and goats....sheep are stupid. Not a very bright animal.

And since when did god give you the power to discern a sheep and a goat?!

"All Hail Judge Fundy!!!"
Well Jesus looked upon us all like sheep, regardless of how you label yourself or are labeled by others.
Mark 6 verse 37
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
Lol

Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Yes too funny

Old 10-01-2009, 05:33 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgansmom00 View Post
She certainly has not convinced me of wanting to break bread with her by casting judgment on me.
Reconsider that a moment...

Think over that last comment of yours for a while....

That statement is the flip side of the "Do on to others..." Commandment that Jesus gave his believers...

We who dare to call ourselves after the very name of our lord (Christians) can not just turn over how we will approach and respond to people to the other person.

We are not not allow the actions of the other person to effect us like that.

Our guide is to not take offense.
We are to not allow the harm others cause us to change the openness and love we show them.
If they strike you on the one cheek, turn to them the other to allow them to strike that one also.

So not only should you want to "break bread" with this person....it should be something you actually seek out.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Whoa....touchy...touchy. Now was that loving? Truth hurts

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-01-2009 at 08:20 AM..

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
What I heard from my priest the other day is that all who are saved are saved by Christ, but some who do not know of Christ may be saved by him. This is based in part on Mark 9:38-48.

Other things in Catholic tradition, as I'm Catholic, indicate those who are "invincibly ignorant" will only be punished for intentional sins they committed and not for their ignorance. Hence ignorance isn't really a "get out of Hell free" card in Catholicism. A man ignorant of Christianity who intentionally sins from the perspective of basic/natural morality (let's say he is dishonest, narcisstic, uncharitable, and rapes his mother) may go to Hell despite his ignorance. Whereas a "noble heathen" would only go to Heaven due to the mercy of Christ not because of anything related to their non-Christian religion.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Whoa....touchy...touchy. Now was that loving? Truth hurts
Jesus talked about those who were well off helping those who are less well off. But there was one time where a guy who was well off came to him and Jesus pretty well deflated him.....told him to give away everything he had.

I think that works as well for those who think they have all the answers to spiritual matters. Jesus told us, basically, to take care of each other. And he taught us how to pray. When Jesus told us to take care of each other, he NEVER condemned or criticized. He never pointed a finger. He never accused......he did the opposite "He without sin cast the first stone" and Jesus, the only one without sin, never cast a single stone.

Fundi, I don't know you personally, but I have dealt with people with your attitude all the time I pastored a church and all the time I worked in the mission field and have found people such as yourself in virtually every church of every denomination. It is evident in your posts that you feel an obligation to label people, as though you are the judge. You seem to want to decide who is a sheep and who is a goat......who is saved and who isn't.......who is a "true" Christian and who isn't. And this is simply not true. Only God can determine who has come to him in honesty and humility. And God will only share that with the individual coming to him. God does not tell me or you or anyone else who is and isn't faithful.

One evidence that a person is limited in their relationship with God is that they rely entirely on the Bible for their instructions. When you have a true personal relationship with God you hear from GOD.......and the Bible fades into substantially less relevance. Jesus taught his disciples by word of mouth. Had the written word been that important don't you think he would have arranged for everything to be written down as he was speaking? Scribes could be hired without any great difficulty. But he didn't......and it took over 350 years for man to get around to it.......and it took men who felt they could decide for others who was and wasn't saved to assemble what they thought was the most important parts of what was available. And they missed the boat........they assembled those books THEY felt important, missing most of what Jesus taught....but what Jesus taught and came through the manmade filter of history was enough for mature Christians. It came through because it was too simple to be noticed........all Jesus really taught was to love one another and to love God. All the rules and regulations and requirements you parrot as essentials were imposed on Jesus' teachings by men. They were not part of what Jesus taught, although they are essential for the "church" and the "religious" to remain relevant.

So far as I am concerned you are one of those leading people astray by your pronouncements of who is or is not a Christian and what does and doesn't make one a Christian. You are not privvy to a persons relationship with God. All you can do is share how YOU relate to God, and this is your testimoney and witness. Doing MORE is TAKING AWAY from the truth and the light.

Yes it is loving, and yes the truth hurts.....but it hurts only those who do not accept the truth. I am not hurt, You do not have the ability to hurt me any more than a baby in a crib can hurt me.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Fundi, I don't know you personally, but I have dealt with people with your attitude all the time I pastored a church and all the time I worked in the mission field and have found people such as yourself in virtually every church of every denomination. It is evident in your posts that you feel an obligation to label people, as though you are the judge. .
Ummmmmm....Are you not judging me by that statement you made of me? Do you see where your worldy logic fails? "a matter of opinion" it's a boomerange affect.

I know you don't believe this but I do this out of love now can I be prideful? of course, that is something I have always battled. I try to answer in love only to be shouted down as judgmental because people don't want to hear the truth. Now I am human and only have so much patience before I get snarky but I pray to God He helps me control that just like Paul did with the Corinthian church when they accused him of the same thing arrogant, prideful, judgmental, unloving etc....

Many such as yourself uses this worldly postmodernism Christianity to interpret scripture or what a Christian is. You can't even say what is a Christian-even Paul questioned the Corinthian's Christianity. I used a rediculous description to show how I am a Christian and you allowed me to believe I was by telling me, "if that's what you believe" basically giving me many roads when the bible is clear that there is one road (Read 1st John).

If you call that love then fine. I believe true love is telling the truth.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-01-2009 at 10:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity