Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
No, actually, there are not many references in the Bible that back up your claim. And the phrase should be "There are", not "There is". /grammar-policing
We don't need many, one makes it a valid statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh for the love of God!!! Why can't you leave them alone. They pose no threat to you. They pose no threat to anyone you love. They pose no threat to society. What they do or do not do is NONE of your business!!! Sheeesh!!!!
But for the laws of this country, I have no doubt whatsoever that this hardhearted, devoid of agape love, bigoted, and self-righteous poster would have done so.
I only ask a question. Is that sdo bad?

You have accuse me of many obnoxious hings things and you don't even know me or my theology.

Why didn't you answer my question?

Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Every intelligent, educated, rational minister who is not a con artist will deny the inerrancy of the scriptures - because they are inarguably the words of men - not some god.
Do you have any evidence to support your OPINION or do you just enjoy listening to yourself pontificate?

Old 08-09-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You apparently haven't read much Scripture--at least not very carefully.
You are making la statement for which you have no evidence. You make it simply on the basis you disagree with me. The chances are I have read the Scriptures more and more carefully than you have. I have another advantage, I believe them all; you just believe those you arre with.

Quote:
The OT historiographers not only had different ideas at different times, every single one of them (and the NT writers as well) had a specific point of view which sometimes conflicted with previous writers--because biblical truth is situational, just like people are.
How about an example so I can tell if you know what you are talking about.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-09-2016 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Please learn how to use the quote function.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Leave gays alone? The fundamentalists will never do that. They LIKE discriminating against gays. They LIKE treating them as second class citizens. They LIKE holding up their Bibles and telling gays they are sinners and unloved by God.

And they LOVE doing all those things.... then telling each other how godly and righteous they are.
It seems you LOVE lying about people. How sad.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am afraid you are correct, Dew. It really saddens my heart. I can only imagine how it pains God and Jesus to see how badly they have corrupted His Gospel and message of agape love as prophesied for these latter days.
I think it saddens Him more when we eliminate the Scriptures He has given us in favor of our personal opinions.

You make another common mistake made by skeptics. Posting what God says about homosexuality in no way indicates we do not love them. "We are even suppose to love our enemies and I have never heard a pastor say homosexuals are our enemy.

Actually we do not show agape love when we are unwilling to tell others what God says. Especially when someone what says contradicts what what God says.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:04 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You apparently haven't read much Scripture--at least not very carefully. The OT historiographers not only had different ideas at different times, every single one of them (and the NT writers as well) had a specific point of view which sometimes conflicted with previous writers--because biblical truth is situational, just like people are.
I just said something similar in post #128 in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...oppers-13.html

Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Do you have any evidence to support your OPINION or do you just enjoy listening to yourself pontificate?
The same evidence I posted on the Cain & Abel thread: I am an intelligent, educated, rational adult.

Anyone who believes in an inerrant bible is lacking in one or more of those qualities.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
It seems you LOVE lying about people. How sad.
I see you have been here less than a month and you are figuring out the various people here.

Hope you hang around awhile.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I see you have been here less than a month and you are figuring out the various people here.

Hope you hang around awhile.
Me too. He's taking up the slack from some of the fundies who are MIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity