Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Aye...

Please specify how Jesus 2 commandments covers MORE than the ten. I find that to be funny because it actually covers the same. Sadly most say that it doesn't include the sabbath, but then that would mean the ten covers more. Sorry, I just don't see how it covers more. Only the same law, still written with the finger of God, just written in a different place!!!

That voice in your head telling you to do the right thing instead of the wrong thing, is what is written on your heart. It's the ten commandments. I truly am saddened to hear so many people prefer their sinning ways over God's way. Also, I did not know that God created seperate races of Adam's and Eve's. Do we not bare their origional sin???? We are all ancestors of Adam and Eve in one way or another. Hence we are all Israelites. We all stem from the same people. God's people!!!! Seems to me that we must have a race of aliens who come from another planet and only the original people from earth are God's people. Everyone else seems to have their own God who changes from time to time. My God never changes and His law is EVERLASTING!!! The book of the law is Moses' laws. The ten commandments that were written with God's omnipotent finger are the laws of GOD!!!. The only other reason that God would create laws that would be obsolete in the future is because he is ignorant!! I don't think you wanna be the one saying that God is ignorant.

Also, how can you say that God's laws are no longer valid, when that little voice inside your head is telling you to do the right thing. Your head only knows because of those laws. If there is no law, then there is no right or wrong!! Then the world is free to live however sinful they please.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SINS,
AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

P.S. Sorry ans57 message was a reply to Mystic.

Well I guess you & Elmer too!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
If I could rep both posts, I would.

The law hath dominion over a man so long as he lives (Rom 7:1), but if we lay down our life in obedience to Him by taking up our cross, He then lives His life through us. Our focus is no longer the letter of the law, but the One who fulfills it in us.

As I often say, walking with Him allows you to look back and realize that you haven't been sinning, but you didn't even have to try!

I have a question Elmer.

Do you live without sin???? Myself??? Not yet!!!
And you do believe they must be followed, only without attempting to try correct???

I too believe that when you are filled with the spirit that it will be easy, and you will not have to try very hard. Yet it will still have to be done. It is impossible to do something without trying. I cannot hit a baseball unless I try with a swing of the bat. I cannot use the restroom until I walk to the restroom (well I guess if I didn't care my underpants would suffice). I cannot WALK WITH CHRIST unless I WALK WITH CHRIST!!!

With utmost respect.
GOD BLESS YOU ELMER!!!

ALMOST2L8

Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Please specify how Jesus 2 commandments covers MORE than the ten. I find that to be funny because it actually covers the same. Sadly most say that it doesn't include the sabbath, but then that would mean the ten covers more. Sorry, I just don't see how it covers more. Only the same law, still written with the finger of God, just written in a different place!!!

That voice in your head telling you to do the right thing instead of the wrong thing, is what is written on your heart. It's the ten commandments. I truly am saddened to hear so many people prefer their sinning ways over God's way. Also, I did not know that God created seperate races of Adam's and Eve's. Do we not bare their origional sin???? We are all ancestors of Adam and Eve in one way or another. Hence we are all Israelites. We all stem from the same people. God's people!!!! Seems to me that we must have a race of aliens who come from another planet and only the original people from earth are God's people. Everyone else seems to have their own God who changes from time to time. My God never changes and His law is EVERLASTING!!! The book of the law is Moses' laws. The ten commandments that were written with God's omnipotent finger are the laws of GOD!!!. The only other reason that God would create laws that would be obsolete in the future is because he is ignorant!! I don't think you wanna be the one saying that God is ignorant.

Also, how can you say that God's laws are no longer valid, when that little voice inside your head is telling you to do the right thing. Your head only knows because of those laws. If there is no law, then there is no right or wrong!! Then the world is free to live however sinful they please.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SINS,
AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

P.S. Sorry ans57 message was a reply to Mystic.

Well I guess you & Elmer too!!!
Allow me to address my part... The chief commands: "Love God...and thy neighbor as thyself". On these 2 commands hang the law and the prophets. This cover the sabbath as well (to me anyway). I love my saviour and redeemer with ALL my being and do my best to love the most unlovable neighbor who crosses my path each day... Thus fulfilling the sabbath...not just the literal day...but everyday while in the flesh.

btw - Luck/chance (belongs to stargazers) should not be included in the Christian grammar. All is according to his "DIVINE WILL" the same as the word "wish"...devoid of all hope (in total despair)...

Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
I have a question Elmer.

Do you live without sin???? Myself??? Not yet!!!
And you do believe they must be followed, only without attempting to try correct???

I too believe that when you are filled with the spirit that it will be easy, and you will not have to try very hard. Yet it will still have to be done. It is impossible to do something without trying. I cannot hit a baseball unless I try with a swing of the bat. I cannot use the restroom until I walk to the restroom (well I guess if I didn't care my underpants would suffice). I cannot WALK WITH CHRIST unless I WALK WITH CHRIST!!!

With utmost respect.
GOD BLESS YOU ELMER!!!

ALMOST2L8
I believe it (the issue of sin, and our awareness of it) is a question of our focus. The carnal nature is still fixed on the wrong tree - the knowledge of good and evil (sin) is all we think about; life in the spirit is obviously the other tree.

As we learn to abide in Him, the things we're instructed to do become our life: thinking on things above, whatsoever is true and honest, praying without ceasing - these are all a part of abiding. John said it best: Every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself - or to take it literally, this hope (His life) is keeping us as we walk with Him.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:38 PM

I believe that when the man asked Jesus how to receive eternal life, Jesus replied "DO the commandments"

DO: (doo) vt. did, done, do'ing [[OE don]] 1. to perform (an action, etc.) 2. to complete; finish 3. to cause 4. to exert [do your best] 5. to be active [up and going] 6. to deal with as is required [do the ironing] 7. to have as ones occupation; work at....... etc, etc, etc.

The definition of DO only continues with more of the same. So to say that you DO without trying then you did not DO!!!

"Faith without works is dead" (James 2:20)

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 04-28-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I believe that when the man asked Jesus how to receive eternal life, Jesus replied "DO the commandments"

DO: (doo) vt. did, done, do'ing [[OE don]] 1. to perform (an action, etc.) 2. to complete; finish 3. to cause 4. to exert [do your best] 5. to be active [up and going] 6. to deal with as is required [do the ironing] 7. to have as ones occupation; work at....... etc, etc, etc.

The definition of DO only continues with more of the same. So to say that you DO without trying then you did not DO!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8
Does this mean....I'm IN?

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8
But alas, not of works, lest any man boast! Salvation is of the Lord!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
But alas, not of works, lest any man boast! Salvation is of the Lord!
Luke 10:28 THIS "DO" and THOU SHALT LIVE.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO THEIR "WORKS"...

Peace!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Allow me to address my part... The chief commands: "Love God...and thy neighbor as thyself". On these 2 commands hang the law and the prophets. This cover the sabbath as well (to me anyway). I love my saviour and redeemer with ALL my being and do my best to love the most unlovable neighbor who crosses my path each day... Thus fulfilling the sabbath...not just the literal day...but everyday while in the flesh.

btw - Luck/chance (belongs to stargazers) should not be included in the Christian grammar. All is according to his "DIVINE WILL" the same as the word "wish"...devoid of all hope (in total despair)...
Sorry ans57, the 4th commandment does not say keep YOUR day holy.

It say's to keep GOD'S day holy.

Which day did he say to keep holy?????

The 7th day.

DANIEL 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most high, and think to change times and laws"

In order for satan to change times and laws, he would have to change only the sabbath law which contains a specific time.

The fourth commandment is also the seal of the living God spoke of in Revelation 7:2.

It is also the only commandment that contains God's seal within its words.

The seal of the president:
Barrack Obama President of the United States of America

There are three characteristics of a seal:

1. Name: Barrack Obama

2. Title: President

3. Territory: United States of America

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it"

1. Name: The Lord

2. Title: The Creator

3. Territory: heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

Ignore the seal of God if you wish, but I have given warning to those who understand that in order to be in the lambs book of life, then ALL ten commandments must be kept!! Please look at this with an open mind and heart, and you too will see God's wonderful truth!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 04-28-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Sorry ans57, the 4th commandment does not say keep YOUR day holy.

It say's to keep GOD'S day holy.

Which day did he say to keep holy?????

The 7th day.

DANIEL 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most high, and think to change times and laws"

In order for satan to change times and laws, he would have to change only the sabbath law which contains a specific time.

The fourth commandment is also the seal of the living God spoke of in Revelation 7:2.

It is also the only commandment that contains God's seal within its words.

The seal of the president:
Barrack Obama President of the United States of America

There are three characteristics of a seal:

1. Name: Barrack Obama

2. Title: President

3. Territory: United States of America

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it"

1. Name: The Lord

2. Title: The Creator

3. Territory: heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

Ignore the seal of God if you wish, but I have given warning to those who understand that in order to be in the lambs book of life, then ALL ten commandments must be kept!! Please look at this with an open mind and heart, and you too will see God's wonderful truth!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
ALMOST2L8
I have my friend...I have...in my saviour and redeemer's words. Expounded in the GOOD SAMARITAN. Luke 10:27-28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity