Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:27 PM

43 posts, read 291,094 times

Advertisements

Drivers in the Nasty Nati suck, no doubt! But if you think drivers in Cincy suck, try driving in Miami, Chicago, or in Cleveland!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,454,775 times
Cincinnati drivers aren't too bad IMO. Nasty traffic at times, but you don't have to worry about a Cincy driver moving too slow at least . Columbus? Now they have bad drivers. Creeping on highways, flying on backstreets, recklessly not paying attention. It is downright scary driving in Columbus, and I'm being serious. In the city center (Short North, Near East, Clintonville, German Village/Southside) you can drive around and every few cars will be one missing a side mirror or scratched/dented from a sideswipe. I had a mirror knocked off of my car in Columbus. Beware where you park in that town!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey_too_expensive View Post
1) You people can't drive.
We drive just fine. It's the transplanted idiots that don't know how to drive.

Quote:
2) Speaking of turn signals: would it kill you to put some left-turn arrows at your major traffic light intersections?
That isn't the city, it's the County Engineers. Study and learn the governmental structures of Ohio.

BTW, any road sign that is not on the County Engineer's official map is not legally enforceable. Remember that if you ever get a ticket for running a "STOP" sign coming out of a retail parking lot.

Quote:
3) Speaking of intersections: who is the genius that came up with the mess that is the Glenway/Crookshank/Boudinot/Glenhills Way "intersection"? What the heck were they thinking?
I'm thinking you've never been to Boston. Or any other older city for that matter. Not all cities are laid out on a perfect North-South grid.

Quote:
4) You haven't got a clue how to design a retail parking lot.
We don't design them. They're designed by out-of-state contractors, who also design the strip malls and other retail venues. For example, Forest Fair Mall was designed by Australians.

Quote:
5) Plow your streets!
Spend the $15 to buy tire chains.

Quote:
6) Shovel your sidewalks! Where we come from, clearing your sidewalk (the portion in front of your residence) is the law.
The law is irrelevant. What's relevant is case law and case law says if you shovel your sidewalks then you'd best spend your time 24/7 to keep them absolutely immaculate or suffer the consequence in a civil lawsuit (and your home-owner's insurance will probably be canceled). Don't shovel your sidewalks and you risk no civil liability. Your other alternative is to shoot all attorneys.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,138,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwhistle View Post
Drivers in the Nasty Nati suck, no doubt! But if you think drivers in Cincy suck, try driving in Miami, Chicago, or in Cleveland!
Anyone who refers to my home, the City of Cincinnati as the "Nasty Nati" really does not have any ground to stand on when it comes to opinions.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Anyone who refers to my home, the City of Cincinnati as the "Nasty Nati" really does not have any ground to stand on when it comes to opinions.
I was BORN AND RAISED in Cincinnati. If you've lived here your whole life then you'd know that's what many people call it, and not entirely for the ghetto parts of it. Just a name.....now, take a deep breath....

Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,138,113 times
I have heard it before, I just dont think it is a good thing to be called.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
I have heard it before, I just dont think it is a good thing to be called.
Not as bad as....."The mistake on the lake"

Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,454,775 times
Anybody been through Walnut Hills lately? Its an absolute zoo out there. There and Price Hill. Pretty obvious where the downtown drug trade went after seeing McMillan on Friday.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That isn't the city, it's the County Engineers. Study and learn the governmental structures of Ohio.
The city of Cincinnati has its own traffic engineering department.

Study and learn this:

City of Cincinnati -About Transportation and Engineering

Old 03-17-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Anybody been through Walnut Hills lately? Its an absolute zoo out there. There and Price Hill. Pretty obvious where the downtown drug trade went after seeing McMillan on Friday.
Yeah, and how about Avondale? The dealers are raking in the BIG BUCKS there these days.....That's probably become the #1 pure slum in the Nati.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati