Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 30 37.97%
Hudson 49 62.03%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The bronx is more well known worldwide than Hudson County.
That may be true............................ But the people who know both places would rather live in Hudson Co; guaranteed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
LMAO @ you don't "think" JC is apart of Hudson county- Well I guess I'll do you and say "I don't think the Bromx is a part of NYC"

-Hoboken gave us the legendary Frank Sinatra (They didn't pay and write a song for an NYer to sing NYC its theme song, better yet, a guy from Hoboken)
-Hoboken has a "Sinatra Park" in honor of Frank Sinatra and they have festivals and tributes there every year.
-Hoboken is the birthplace of American baseball.
-Hudson County has Ellis Island
-Jersey City has the biggest clock in the world.
-Jersey City has the largest tower in NJ
-Union County is the densest city in America- Also home to the strongest Cuban community outside of FL (It once held the title of having more cubans per square mile than Havana)
-Jersey City is the most diverse city per square mile (in the nation)
-Hoboken has the most bars per square mile in the nation (also in the world record books because of it)
-Hoboken is the youngest non-university town in the nation.
-The show "Cake Boss" takes place in a bakery in Hoboken.
-Liberty State Park has both a Liberty Science Museum and Ferries to Liberty and Ellis Islands. (It also hosts one of the country's biggest Music & Arts Festival, where Jay Z, Cool Kids, Coldplay, Radiohead have all played live)
-Bayonne has a cruising port that sets sail to both Canada and the Caribbean
-There's more artists living in JC than Manhattan arrtist haven (The SoHo district)
-JC has more office space than downtown ATL, MIA, and PHX
-North Bergen has the most hills per square mile behind SF
-Hudson County has the Lincoln and Holland Tunnel (Both national landmarks)
-Hoboken Terminal is considered "one of the most innovatively designed and engineered structures in the nation"
-Jersey City Beacon Lofts won project of the year in 2009- It's also the biggest residential art deco in the nation.
-Hudson County offers the best views of the Manhattan Skyline

You're probably going to follow up ignorantly, but Hudson County isn't "characterless"- Stop belittling the hell out it.
Forgot to add:

-Harrison's Soccer stadium (The Red Bulls)- The Soccer Culture in Harrison/Kearny is ridiculous. (Portuguese/Brazilian influenced)
-Satriales Pork Store in Kearny was where a lot of "The Sopranos" was filmed.
-The Pulaski Skyway was one of the longest high level highways in the world, and one of the first super highways in the US (it's also a national landmark)

Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:

If hudson county has no cultural exports,something u saidd u was with me on, than how is it not common sense that it would be lesser known in comparison to a county that does

Ok so things within hudson county than. Whats the difference. Is there anything besides Jersey city that offers anything as far as relevance?

Whis whole argument is completely ridiculous and desperate. Hip hop is the culture, rap is apart of it. The culture of hip hop which was created in the bronx(dj,graffiti,rap,breakdance,fashionetc) has been exported to the world from the bronx. New orleans does not have to be a hotbed of jazz for it to get credit for its genuis of creating the genre. Samething with the bronx and hip hop. Whose hot right now on Hot97 has nothing to do with what was started in the early 1970s

Reread your sentence in bold and tell me if it makes sense. You're saying I was 'with you' on Hudson county having no cultural exports? Yeah...nice try.

And it's funny you're still considering the hip/hop thing as an argument. I simply pointed out that that BX wasn't hot anymore.

I think what's really going on is I struck your chord and you're having a hard time digesting it. Desperate much?

To BPerone, good call on Red Bull Arena (rated by fans the best soccer-specific stadium in the country) Maybe there KONY can find his 'outside of JC' relevance. Hoboken is a given.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Reread your sentence in bold and tell me if it makes sense. You're saying I was 'with you' on Hudson county having no cultural exports? Yeah...nice try.

And it's funny you're still considering the hip/hop thing as an argument. I simply pointed out that that BX wasn't hot anymore.

I think what's really going on is I struck your chord and you're having a hard time digesting it. Desperate much?

To BPerone, good call on Red Bull Arena (rated by fans the best soccer-specific stadium in the country) Maybe there KONY can find his 'outside of JC' relevance. Hoboken is a given.
Yeah, I've heard good things about it- I haven't went yet though.
Harrison is a town that's growing on me.

And Hoboken has more character than cities 30+ times its size (in land mass)- It's the size of a neighborhood, yet it's known for so much.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Both Hudson and the Bronx broke away from other larger counties...Bergen and Westchester. And I personally would rather live in either suburban Bergen or Westchester than either Hudson or the Bronx! But in any case both are cool for those who like dense urban areas:

NEIGHBORHOODS: Generally I like Hudson County (unless I could afford the Riverdale-Fieldston area or Country Club). I like that Jersey City, Hoboken and Weehawken are still independent. City Island in The Bronx is cool but where would I work?

PARKS: The Bronx: With a quarter of its land area in parks (many in a natural condition) I would say The Bronx overall. But Liberty State Park in Hudson is very good and has fantastic views.

VIEWS of Manhattan: Hudson County, no contest. The Bronx does have some nice views of the Palisades and a few little seaport looking areas in its LI Sound area.

COMMUTE to Manhattan: Hudson County. It would awesome to be able to commute by ferry for those lucky few, lol.

AIRPORTS: Hudson County. Hudson is very close to Newark although The Bronx is not too shabby in this regard either.

BEACHES: The Bronx. The Bronx has Orchard Beach (such as it is) and is probably closer to public beaches on Long Island and Westchester than Hudson is close to public beaches on the Jersey Shore.

ARCHITECTURE: Hudson County. This is a total guess. The Bronx has some great older urban architecture but also alot of newer crap. I HATE Fedder houses!

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Both Hudson and the Bronx broke away from other larger counties...Bergen and Westchester. And I personally would rather live in either suburban Bergen or Westchester than either Hudson or the Bronx! But in any case both are cool for those who like dense urban areas:

NEIGHBORHOODS: Generally I like Hudson County (unless I could afford the Riverdale-Fieldston area or Country Club). I like that Jersey City, Hoboken and Weehawken are still independent. City Island in The Bronx is cool but where would I work?

PARKS: The Bronx: With a quarter of its land area in parks (many in a natural condition) I would say The Bronx overall. But Liberty State Park in Hudson is very good and has fantastic views.

VIEWS of Manhattan: Hudson County, no contest. The Bronx does have some nice views of the Palisades and a few little seaport looking areas in its LI Sound area.

COMMUTE to Manhattan: Hudson County. It would awesome to be able to commute by ferry for those lucky few, lol.

AIRPORTS: Hudson County. Hudson is very close to Newark although The Bronx is not too shabby in this regard either.

BEACHES: The Bronx. The Bronx has Orchard Beach (such as it is) and is probably closer to public beaches on Long Island and Westchester than Hudson is close to public beaches on the Jersey Shore.

ARCHITECTURE: Hudson County. This is a total guess. The Bronx has some great older urban architecture but also alot of newer crap. I HATE Fedder houses!
What are hudson counties cultural exports?

The bronx was half apart of New york county with manhattan and the northern section was apart of westchester

As far as commute more bronxites have access to public transit more than hudson county residents and like i said earlier if you dont live directly on the waterfront or by a path train station your not getting to manhattan faster than bronxites period. Access and view of manhattan is absurd. Not every hudson county resident has a good view of the manhattan skyline. The bronx has great views of the skyline aswell.

It is alien to people who actually live in places with an identity-to suggest a city/county/etc is better simply because of its view of another superior city or its access to that city A city which the bronx is apart of at that

Theres a park right across the street from my apartment where you can jog right in clear view of the midtown skyline

As to openheads the same army of jersey boosters who voted to keep jersey city in the same league as pittsburgh(a clearly better city) in that other thread most likely made up the bulk of the votes. Those and the people who think negatively of the bronx.yet hasnt been there in 20 years or never at all

As far as Hoboken being a given. How? Frank sinitra? lol

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:

Theres a park right across the street from my apartment where you can jog right in clear view of the midtown skyline

As to openheads the same army of jersey boosters who voted to keep jersey city in the same league as pittsburgh(a clearly better city) in that other thread most likely made up the bulk of the votes. Those and the people who think negatively of the bronx.yet hasnt been there in 20 years or never at all

As far as Hoboken being a given. How? Frank sinitra? lol

Lived in Parkchester, still visit fam, definitely ain't the worse place in the world, certainly not the best.

Ah the general thinking, "if you think Bronx is bad you've never been there". Uh-huh

Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
LOL @ KONY............................. You're mad no one wants to live in The Bronx. At least you're not Staten Island!

Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
LOL @ KONY............................. You're mad no one wants to live in The Bronx. At least you're not Staten Island!
The lmao moment comes when you factor in the real world fact that the bronxs population might be three times that of hudson county

1.5 or so mill to a couple hundred thousand

Old 10-03-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Access and view of manhattan is absurd. Not every hudson county resident has a good view of the manhattan skyline. The bronx has great views of the skyline aswell.

It is alien to people who actually live in places with an identity-to suggest a city/county/etc is better simply because of its view of another superior city or its access to that city A city which the bronx is apart of at that
You're a broken record.

"Access and view of manhattan is absurd"
To who? You?! IF the Bronx had the views, you'd probably be a broken record in that regard- Face your insecurity and quit whining already.

Totally absurd.
~

"It is alien to people who actually live in places with an identity-to suggest a city/county/etc is better simply because of its view of another superior city or its access to that city"

According to you, the "King of NY", no one in Hudson county county has the right to look at Manhattan, and it it also Hudson Counties fault that they're geographically located across from Manhattan. Is that what makes Hudson county cultureless?- they have better views of Manhattan than anyone else in the world. Where do you think the majority of your cities Skyline shots are taken from?- Grab a kleenex and get over it.
You say these things like people are going to agree with you and back you up. Your the only ignoramus here believing NYC has a great wall built around it.
You also keep mentioning "as a fellow NYer" as if you live in a fantasy and "live up" to your name "King of NY"- The majority of NYers on here think you're nuts and they disagree with the majority of the things you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City