Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: pick one
NYC 108 59.02%
Seattle 75 40.98%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM

818 posts, read 1,387,088 times

Advertisements

Comparison of these cities on weather, scenery, neighborhoods, pro sports, economy, public transit, colleges, history, architecture, views of skyline, location, parks, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times
You're not comparing the two. You're asking people which they prefer.

A comparison would be long and drawn out.

A subjective expression is what this thread is.

Objectivity vs. subjectivity.

On that note, my subjective vote is Seattle.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 PM

442 posts, read 1,296,706 times
LOL this cant be serious

Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
Well, actually a New York City vs. Seattle poll like this was created about a year ago.

55% of all voters in that poll voted for New York City while 45% of all voters voted for Seattle so it actually was almost 50/50 and a pretty close competition!

I assume this poll might get the same results.

Anyways, I vote New York City. I still like Seattle a lot and respect it but I like and respect New York City even more. I still think they are both great places though.
I have lived in New York City the first 18 years of my life. I have lived in Seattle the past year or so, but now technically live in both NYC and Seattle at the same time. But I will live in Seattle for another year-year and a half before most likely moving back to NYC.

I hope people don't attack/insult one city in favor of the other and that everyone realizes both cities both have great things about them.

Last edited by ; 04-28-2011 at 11:42 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 PM

Anyways, I just remembered the OP(Infamouspast) created a thread before showing he or she had no idea what Seattle is like and probably never visited Seattle before like so I will PM you about that again. I PMed you before about it but you never responded. Maybe because you realized you were wrong about what you said about Seattle and had nothing to say back?

Anyways, it is funny to see you on this thread instead of the weather thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,647,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
LOL this cant be serious
I'm from Seattle and I actually agree with you.

NYC is way down the road in most city type amenities.

Seattle can't compete on most levels save these in my view.

Quality of life.
Cost of living.
Natural Scenery.
Outdoor Activities
Weather.
Food. (not restaurants, but access to fresh local produce, fruits, meats, local wines and seafood)

And and one other. Weather. That might bring a few chuckles, but the mild climate beats hell out of the extremes in NYC in my view..

Old 04-30-2011, 11:31 PM

I was right!

There is pretty close competition in this poll. Around 60% for New York City and 40% for Seattle which is not far away from being 50/50. 14 votes for NYC vs. 9 for Seattle.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 AM

208 posts, read 411,417 times
Pro Sports? You gotta be kidding, right? Seattle has been a joke in almost every sport for quite a while. Just having the Yankees along with MSG (Knicks/Rangers/Historic boxing matches) puts NYC far and away the top dog in terms of pro sports. Only LA, Boston and Philly can even compete in this category.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM

147 posts, read 371,229 times
Depends on what you're looking for. My preference is New York if only because NYC has pretty much every type of food on the planet and the public transportation makes it a much more livable city without a car. I've had a lot of fun in Seattle as well, although I spent most of my time in the downtown area, a little bit of time in Fremont and the Capital Hill neighborhoods. Where Seattle beats New York, subjectively, is parks, roads, cleanliness, coffee, beer, and outdoor activities outside the city. Stevens Pass was my go to hill if I wanted to hit up the slopes before going to the city. Weather wise, it can be subjective, but I wasn't a fan of the 6 months of grey skies. I'd rather take the erratic NY weather with its winter sunshine than the predictable rain, rain/sleet, more rain, snow pattern of the PNW winter. Summers in Seattle are awesome however. New York always gets hounded for crappy summer weather which I don't really get. It gets humid sometimes, its usually in the 80s, a few days in the 90s, but you are surrounded by water, and it honestly isn't as bad as some people make it out to be(its no DC or Atlanta). Seattle wins on cost of living, parking. Seatac is a much better airport than JFK or LaGuardia. If you like rock music, its a pretty good music city. Come to think of it, maybe Seattle is better than NY. I think my negative opinion of it came from having to drive 3+ hours to get to it from Eastern WA and getting stuck putting chains on coming over the pass. Going into NYC meant brown bagging some 40s on the train and heading to a party.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:39 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
New York has most everything but which one would I choose to live in? Definately Seattle. I enjoyed 12 great years in that beautiful, laid back city. Love the pnw way of life. Fresh air, sockeye salmon, halibut, beautiful natural beauty, plus a great city with plenty to see and do. I really miss Seattle. I've been in L.A. now for 8 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City