Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Houston surpass Chicago as the 3rd largest city by 2020?
Yes 497 41.49%
No 701 58.51%
Voters: 1198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

I hate this thread. Two cities that I love so much going at it with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 AM

633 posts, read 1,442,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Has Chicago cured cancer? So according to your logic Chicago is also very replaceable. Here again you don't know what you're talking about. Houston has the number 1 cancer treatment center in the world. There's a reason people all over the U.S. and people all over the world come to Houston for cancer treatment. Because Houston does it the best. Oh yeah I forgot that you know everything!! My bad!!
You're right! Chicago hasn't cured cancer! But then, we aren't on here bragging about our medical district (though we could--it's just that there are so many other things worth bragging about).

Chicago succeeds at what it does best (architecture, service industry, and finance/trading). We might be curing cancer, but we're keeping the world's economy going.

Pick your battles, mate.

Anyway, it's great that Houston has such a wonderful medical center. You should be proud, and not hate.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Houston hasn't given us any legitiment alternative energy source or discovered a cure for cancer. Until they do, they are VERY replaceable.
Well neither has anywhere else!
Houston probably has the best talent and resources to do this. Both are being worked on as we speak...
Besides, last I checked most vehicles don't yet use alternative energy. So until they do...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I hate this thread. Two cities that I love so much going at it with each other.
I know, what gives?
I like Chicago too. So I don't hate on it, but I will defend against stupid comments on Houston.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Has Chicago cured cancer? So according to your logic Chicago is also very replaceable. Here again you don't know what you're talking about. Houston has the number 1 cancer treatment center in the world. There's a reason people all over the U.S. and people all over the world come to Houston for cancer treatment. Because Houston does it the best. Oh yeah I forgot that you know everything!! My bad!!
All of your comments are poorly thought out. Chicago is were EVERY SINGLE RAIL CROSSES! Unless you want to pay $6.00 for a single orange, you NEED Chicago.

You're the one that has a very high view of Houston which is great if you like it, I really don't care. Since you decided to forget that you starting bashing Chicago before anyone said anything about Houston, let me tell you this.

Chicago >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houston

End.of.thread. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:17 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:
All of your comments are poorly thought out. Chicago is were EVERY SINGLE RAIL CROSSES!
Wow. Rail. And it crosses in Chicago. Chicago must have been a hit in 1880?

Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Wow. Rail. And it crosses in Chicago. Chicago must have been a hit in 1880?
Chicago's still a hit . Rail is used to transport a lot of goods. Oh and Dementor, were you banned for the last couple of days? Multiple accounts maybe? You haven't been around in a while, I missed you!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:
Chicago's still a hit .
Sure it is.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Chicago >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Houston
That's only a personal opinion so I don't give it much weight.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
That's only a personal opinion so I don't give it much weight.
If this thread had a poll, Chicago would be killing Houston and deep down, you know that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City