Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 10:28 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,973 times

Advertisements

Im sure every list leaves a few things off,But i was just pointing out how Blacks on the Westcoast are some of the richest in America despite not living in a Black Mecca type city.

Harlem N.y,which used to have a huge Black population has gone through a crazy gentrification,Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem should let you know.

And they're trying to do the same thing in Los Angeles,Building a subway system through the Black areas of Crenshaw is gentrification also. Cities like Atlanta & D.c just give off an historic Black vibe & the percentage of Black people that live there seem to not be moving away to other cities.They keep their cities Black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Im sure every list leaves a few things off,But i was just pointing out how Blacks on the Westcoast are some of the richest in America despite not living in a Black Mecca type city.

Harlem N.y,which used to have a huge Black population has gone through a crazy gentrification,Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem should let you know.

And they're trying to do the same thing in Los Angeles,Building a subway system through the Black areas of Crenshaw is gentrification also. Cities like Atlanta & D.c just give off an historic Black vibe & the percentage of Black people that live there seem to not be moving away to other cities.They keep their cities Black.
Blacks in California are so damaged, psychologically, it's really sad.

They may appear black,but they don't seem to know they're black.

I would not recommend any black live in CA outside the bay area if you're a socially conscious black or believe in black pride.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:05 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,973 times
Why do you say that BlkGiraffe ?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:20 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post

I would not recommend any black live in CA outside the bay area if you're a socially conscious black or believe in black pride.
Oh please that is ridiculous.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:44 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:

Whoa I have no idea where you are going with this.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Why do you say that BlkGiraffe ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Oh please that is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Whoa I have no idea where you are going with this.

Lots of blacks in California don't stand up for blackness and live in some fantasy delusional world where color doesn't exist and racism is dead.

A white can come up to them and call them porch monkey to their face and they'll laugh it off and be like "You're hilarious bruh"

What's going on California is what happens when yopu become too progressive. No one cares about anything except eating grass and free bleeding.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Lots of blacks in California don't stand up for blackness and live in some fantasy delusional world where color doesn't exist and racism is dead.

A white can come up to them and call them porch monkey to their face and they'll laugh it off and be like "You're hilarious bruh"

What's going on California is what happens when yopu become too progressive. No one cares about anything except eating grass and free bleeding.
I won't speak for the rest of my CA bros but If anybody called me a porch monkey they are catching these hands.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
and this thread was going so well.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:21 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:

I know what you mean, but you didn't say it in a politically correct way. LA/SF used to be hotbeds for black culture, but those days are long gone.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I know what you mean, but you didn't say it in a politically correct way. LA/SF used to be hotbeds for black culture, but those days are long gone.
Yet, LA has some of the wealthiest communities in the USA for AA's and a very high educational attainment rate then more "black" communities. BanjeeYankee has provided numerous stats that put Los Angeles in the top 5 for black success. If you listened to CD there are like 3-4 cities for AA's. Lack of black percentage or loss of black and all-- there are many proud LA blacks that put in work. Not to mention the impact LA AA's have made in Black Arts, Entertainment, Business & Sports this decade alone.

Yet, we are beaten down and basically told that we are confused with our blackness. Get that weak mess out of here.

Last edited by jamills21; 01-14-2016 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City