Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 12:10 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times

Advertisements

You're making snide comments at people that chooses to live in Atlanta opposed to DC because it somehow has a reputation that you are centered on that it's not as educated and not at the "upper crust" of society? You can dress up it as much as you like. You are mischaracterizing and generalizing in your last few posts and it reeks of snobish arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 12:17 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,736,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You're making snide comments at people that chooses to live in Atlanta opposed to DC because it somehow has a reputation that you are centered on that it's not as educated and not at the "upper crust" of society? You can dress up it as much as you like. You are mischaracterizing and generalizing in your last few posts and it reeks of snobish arrogance.
What are the educational census stats for African Americans between the two cities? That would say more about the discussion. Would you say cost of living is one of the main reasons people choose to move to Atlanta? What would you say are the main reasons people choose to move to DC?

Old 07-31-2016, 12:37 PM

93,169 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
What does everybody think of places like Seattle,PHX, LV, or Denver for blacks? Never hear these places brought up really even if there are african Americans living there.

the only place where I would not move to as a black person is Idaho. Sounds weird right? We never consider places like boise right? You know why? because it's one of the bastions for white supremacy along with Eastern Washington. Just throwing that out there.

https://thebluereview.org/most-say-aryan-nations/
I believe that Las Vegas has the highest Black percentages for a Western metro at around 11%, with many Black folks from CA moving there.

Seattle and Denver have had Black mayors and others in leadership positions. Both have a pretty strong military presence that has brought quite a few Black people to those areas. I believe both do well in many metrics in proportion to their Black populations as well.

Phoenix also has a pretty strong military presence as well and is how many Black residents have come to live in that area.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:05 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Read my post above. I wasn't saying that's all that Atlanta attracts. I was saying that Atlanta attracts a more diverse class of African Americans who may not be educated or may be at a lower socioeconomic status because they can afford to live there. As someone mentioned before, DC is very competitive and expensive so we attract the highest level of the black professional class because they're the only ones who can afford to live here. If you don't have an education or strong resume, most people don't consider DC because of the competition and cost of living. This also means that the population that does live here will only get even more educated and wealthy overtime. Do you agree or disagree with that?
Nice attempt at spin and back-peddaling. You should work on K Street.

You are one of the most provincial people that post here, and this isn't meant as a compliment.

You have always been very dismissive of Atlanta, across multiple subjects and multitudes of threads. I am clearly not the only one that sees this.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Nice attempt at spin and back-peddaling. You should work on K Street.

You are one of the most provincial people that post here, and this isn't meant as a compliment.

You have always been very dismissive of Atlanta, across multiple subjects and multitudes of threads. I am clearly not the only one that sees this.
Think what you want. Also, I barely post here anymore because of people like you. The discussions on here usually are based off opinion versus facts which makes them pointless in the real world.

You have posted a couple times since your first reply to me and brought absolutely nothing to the table. Not a single fact or position.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Think what you want.
I already do, thank you very much. And your posting history speaks for itself.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
This thread will be triple diamond soon

Old 07-31-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Also, I barely post here anymore because of people like you.
Right back at ya bud, and same here. The breathtaking levels of arrogance you continually spew is a huge turnoff to many.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Right back at ya bud, and same here. The breathtaking levels of arrogance you continually spew is a huge turnoff to many.
Then stop responding and reading my posts and I will do the same for you. I don't exist to you and you don't exist to me.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Then stop responding and reading my posts and I will do the same for you. I don't exist to you and you don't exist to me.
I'll post wherever and whenever I like, and you deserve to be challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City