Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Kansas City/St.Louis ve Charlotte/Raleigh
Kansas City/St.Louis 53 44.54%
Charlotte/Raleigh 59 49.58%
Equal/Tie 7 5.88%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 03:56 PM

923 posts, read 664,937 times

Advertisements

Which of these two cities combined do you think would offer the best combination together?
Economy
Education
Crime
Infrustructure
transportation
Cost of living
Quality of Life
Future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 05:03 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
Which of these two cities combined do you think would offer the best combination together?
Economy
Education
Crime
Infrustructure
transportation
Cost of living
Quality of Life
Future
Hmm. I've lived in Charlotte near Raleigh and St Louis.

Raleigh and Charlotte takes it for education and crime.

Cost of living and quality of life is a tie.

Infrastructure and transportation St Louis and Kansas City.

Future. Judging on 20 previous years Charlotte and Raleigh

Economy. St Louis has the largest economy and Raleigh has the lowest unemployment rate. St Louis has the most fortune 1000 companies. It probably depends on what you are looking for.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 06-30-2018 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-30-2018, 05:13 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,527,489 times
This is almost like a Missouri vs North Carolina topic. I've lived in both states.

In some ways the states are sort-of similar in that they've got two metro areas that dominate the state (although NC has a third in the Triad I guess), they've got some mountains at one end of the state and some flatter areas at the other end of the state. I'd say NC has the better economy, though the unemployment rate in MO is actually lower (3.6% in MO vs 4.3% in NC). Cities in MO are more interesting by far and have more sports teams, weather in NC is milder both in winter and summer. NC is considerably more populous (10.2 million in NC vs 6.1 million in MO). All in all I'd say it really depends on what your preferences are for certain things.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:10 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,286,737 times
North Carolina > Missouri imo every category except politics.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:56 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Economy: Charlotte/Raleigh
Education: Charlotte/Raleigh
Crime: Charlotte/Raleigh
Infrastructure: Charlotte/Raleigh
transportation: Charlotte/Raleigh
Cost of living: Kansas City/St. Louis
Quality of Life: Charlotte/Raleigh
Future: Charlotte/Raleigh

I would choose Charlotte/Raleigh by a large margin.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Economy: Charlotte/Raleigh
Education: Charlotte/Raleigh
Crime: Charlotte/Raleigh
Infrastructure: Charlotte/Raleigh
transportation: Charlotte/Raleigh
Cost of living: Kansas City/St. Louis
Quality of Life: Charlotte/Raleigh
Future: Charlotte/Raleigh

I would choose Charlotte/Raleigh by a large margin.
How could you give Charlotte Raleigh infrastructure and transportation?

Old 06-30-2018, 08:25 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
How could you give Charlotte Raleigh infrastructure and transportation?
https://www.google.com/amp/fox4kc.co...n-america/amp/

https://www.publicnewsservice.org/20...ities/a62903-1

https://www.infrastructurereportcard...item/missouri/

https://www.infrastructurereportcard...orth-carolina/

http://abc11.com/politics/nc-passes-$2-billion-bond-for-infrastructure/1247482/

Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 PM

I challenge you over the next year to drive around all 4 cities. Spend some time on public transportation buses and trains and then tell me what you think.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
This is an interesting comparison and contrasts what's happening in Missouri vs. North Carolina. Charlotte and Raleigh both anchor two of the fastest growing metros in the nation.
Today, St. Louis CSA is larger than Charlotte's CSA, and Kansas City's CSA is larger than Raleigh's CSA. I think it's worthwhile to note that, in land area, both Missouri CSAs cover way more land area than the two NC CSAs. Kansas City's is the largest land area by far and more than doubles Raleigh's and nearly doubles Charlotte's. Even so, if current growth rates sustain, Charlotte will pass St. Louis in 2023, and Raleigh will pass Kansas City in 2027. In fact, Raleigh would pass St. Louis in 2033. As of now, the future belongs to the NC metros.
By crime rate, the order from safest to most dangerous statistically is Raleigh<<Charlotte<<<<<Kansas City<<St. Louis
By educational attainment, the order from most educated (city) to least is Raleigh>>Charlotte>>>Kansas City/St. Louis
Similarly, NC's Triangle arguably has the strongest higher education credentials of the four areas.
Infrastructure is a much trickier topic to consider because there is so many aspects to it. Airports, Roads, Transit, Bridges, Water, Internet, Parks, etc. I'd suspect that infrastructure would follow population but there are some detractors from that logic including Charlotte having the busiest airport of the 4 and K.C. having the least busy.
I'd suspect that the two NC cities are the most expensive but they also have higher household incomes than the two MO cities.
The two MO metros are more centrally located east to west and north to south in the US, but the two NC metros are centrally located north to south along the highly populated East Coast. The two NC metros have reasonable access to both the Appalachian Mountains and the NC/SC coast. MO has access to the Ozarks.
Charlotte is closer to Atlanta & Raleigh is the closer to DC, than St. Louis is to Chicago. K.C. isn't reasonably close to any Top 10 US metro.
Quality of life is a highly subjective topic that's usually measured as a combination of affordability (salaries vs COL), safety, health/healthcare, education. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions but I think NC's metros win this as well.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:36 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
On paper, the Carolina cities might look better to a majority.
In reality, I'd find the Missouri cities to be much more livable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City