Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Kansas City/St.Louis ve Charlotte/Raleigh
Kansas City/St.Louis 53 44.54%
Charlotte/Raleigh 59 49.58%
Equal/Tie 7 5.88%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 12:56 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,378,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy123 View Post
The first part might be true, since Charlotte is a much newer city. However, I disagree with it being more exciting, Downtown KC seemed pretty unexciting to me.
I am rooting for Charlotte to take advantage of its professional class of creative business types. I feel that Charlotte is highly underrated in terms of its progressive minority population. Being a financial center, Charlotte should offer more to attract young people interested in finance, accounting, and a analytics. There should also be more of an incentive to encourage entrepreneurship. Build a professional brand instead of worrying about pretentious entertainment districts and kombucha bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 12:59 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I am rooting for Charlotte to take advantage of its professional class of creative business types. I feel that Charlotte is highly underrated in terms of its progressive minority population. Being a financial center, Charlotte should offer more to attract young people interested in finance, accounting, and a analytics. There should also be more of an incentive to encourage entrepreneurship. Build a professional brand instead of worrying about pretentious entertainment districts and kombucha bars.
Charlotte already has a pretty good professional brand and it's doing well at attracting young people interested in the lines of work you mention. It could use more things to contribute to the fun factor though, like those 'pretentious' entertainment districts.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:46 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Charlotte already has a pretty good professional brand and it's doing well at attracting young people interested in the lines of work you mention. It could use more things to contribute to the fun factor though, like those 'pretentious' entertainment districts.
I have seen the tourism ads smh...I am like please don't follow the Nashville and Austin route lol. Stay classy Charlotte.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:12 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,104 times
Default Boredatwork

One thing about Charlotte is that alot of old and young folks from the DC are moving down there buying homes raising values.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
One thing about Charlotte is that alot of old and young folks from the DC are moving down there buying homes raising values.
Yeah when I lived in the DC area, it wasn't uncommon to hear talk of folks wanting to move down to the Triangle or Charlotte.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:40 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,750,180 times
KC and St. Louis over Raleigh and Charlotte.
Missouri over North Carolina.
Midwest over southeast.
Except for the growth, the southeast isn’t that impressive. That it’s affordable and it doesn’t get much snow are it’s big claims to fame, no offense.
The midwest does built-up areas better, in my opinion. Less scattered and more sensible, which makes it easier for people like me to deal with day to day.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
KC and St. Louis over Raleigh and Charlotte.
Missouri over North Carolina.
Midwest over southeast.
Except for the growth, the southeast isn’t that impressive. That it’s affordable and it doesn’t get much snow are it’s big claims to fame, no offense.
The midwest does built-up areas better, in my opinion. Less scattered and more sensible, which makes it easier for people like me to deal with day to day.
Then why do y'all flood our beaches every year around this time? Go to the Northeastern or West Coast beaches if there's nothing here that impresses y'all.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:43 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,750,180 times
Quote:
Then why do y'all flood our beaches every year around this time? Go to the Northeastern or West Coast beaches if there's nothing here that impresses y'all.
I’m from the south.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve been a lot of places in the Carolinas, but never the beach.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I’m from the south.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve been a lot of places in the Carolinas, but never the beach.
That's about as backwards as it gets. Most people who have only been to the Carolinas once or a few times have only been to the beach LOL.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:14 PM

14,149 posts, read 9,043,710 times
Quote:
That's about as backwards as it gets. Most people who have only been to the Carolinas once or a few times have only been to the beach LOL.
Sounds to me like he regards the beach much as Philadelphia residents regard Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City