Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami vs. Los Angeles
Miami 58 25.89%
Los Angeles 166 74.11%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I never said Miami didn't have those problems. But that is not why I chose Miami.
Okay but then why list them as a reason that LA is not a nice city when Miami has the same problems? I just find it hypocritical when people list a bunch of things they dislike about another city when they city they live in or desire to live has the same exact problems. Since Miami has those same problems then it really shouldn't matter either way whether or not LA does.
Quote:
You seem to think LA is so fabulous because it is such a real city compared to Miami, when LA is like suburb just like much of Miami, which has a skyline and many more high rises than LA does.
I never even offered my opinion on LA. And at this point in my life I would pick Miami over LA since I already live so close to LA and visit often.

Quote:
I love Miami because it is tropical paradise. LA is not. I love Miami because it has the beautiful crystal clear water. LA does not have that for me. I love Miami for the nightlife and parties which is much greater than LA. I love Miami for the clothes I get to wear like a white shirt and shorts year round. You can not wear shorts in winter in LA like Miami and be warm. I like to smell the Little Havana cigars.
Okay if you prefer Miami b/c it's tropical and has warmer water then that's fine and very valid reasons and I was never arguing against that.

And even though LA is colder than Miami people still do wear shorts and it does get warm. This past week has been very nice and short weather in Southern Ca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM

648 posts, read 1,619,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Okay but then why list them as a reason that LA is not a nice city when Miami has the same problems? I just find it hypocritical when people list a bunch of things they dislike about another city when they city they live in or desire to live has the same exact problems. Since Miami has those same problems then it really shouldn't matter either way whether or not LA does.

I never even offered my opinion on LA. And at this point in my life I would pick Miami over LA since I already live so close to LA and visit often.

Okay if you prefer Miami b/c it's tropical and has warmer water then that's fine and very valid reasons and I was never arguing against that.

And even though LA is colder than Miami people still do wear shorts and it does get warm. This past week has been very nice and short weather in Southern Ca.
That is why I think Miami is best. Miami does have illegal problems and I said in one of me previous comments that "I'm not saying Miami doesn't have this either." But it is the Miami life I love LA does not have. LA is not planned like a city to run well with many people. Miami has many people but not like LA which makes Miami a much more enjoyable vacation. If LA was planned like NY it would be a great place. To picture a big dense city sitting underneath those mountains and palm trees of Southern California would be amazing sight. The public transportation would make less smog, the people would be walking, and it would be like a city like Tokyo and Hong Kong and Moscow dense. But it is not.

Last edited by RussianIvanov; 01-07-2010 at 02:15 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,164 times
i like the women in miami better, but L.A >>>>. id never live in any city in florida.
even with the smog.. that humid heat is a freakin nightmare.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
We are just having a major argument, because of the cold weather in Florida, that these people are saying the FLORIDA is the top produce/fruit producer in th US. Given the fact that I actually LOOK at where my produce/fruit comes from, when I lived in in NY AND now in Florida, I say that CALIFORNIA not Florida is the top agriculture center of the US.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
We are just having a major argument, because of the cold weather in Florida, that these people are saying the FLORIDA is the top produce/fruit producer in th US. Given the fact that I actually LOOK at where my produce/fruit comes from, when I lived in in NY AND now in Florida, I say that CALIFORNIA not Florida is the top agriculture center of the US.
Maybe during winter but definitely not overall. They still farm and grow stuff here in winter, usually in the deserts. CA is the #1 agricultural state in the nation.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:58 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
No I am not jealous. Why do you think that if someone does not like LA they are automatically jealous you fool? And no to paragraph 2 because LA does not offer what Miami does. LA is not that warm, it is cool especially this time of the seasons. Miami is beautiful tropical weather. LA has freezing cold water, Miami has warm water. LA has suffocating air quality, LA has neverending traffic jams, LA has too big of a Mexican population to even call itself diverse (and I am not saying Miami is diverse). LA may be diverse in number of ethnicities live there, but the city is offset by one large ethnicity.

LA has the potential to be nice, if America can control illegals, the driving mindset changes, and your suburban city blocks are replaced by real city blocks. Then it would be great. But no it is not that great.

That is why I love NY, but I love Miami because it is a paradise. LA is not a paradise.
Miami has it's fair share of illegals.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:05 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
DUH!!! And CA also produces MORE then NY could even dream of.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:17 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
No I am not jealous. Why do you think that if someone does not like LA they are automatically jealous you fool? And no to paragraph 2 because LA does not offer what Miami does. LA is not that warm, it is cool especially this time of the seasons. Miami is beautiful tropical weather. LA has freezing cold water, Miami has warm water. LA has suffocating air quality, LA has neverending traffic jams, LA has too big of a Mexican population to even call itself diverse (and I am not saying Miami is diverse). LA may be diverse in number of ethnicities live there, but the city is offset by one large ethnicity.

LA has the potential to be nice, if America can control illegals, the driving mindset changes, and your suburban city blocks are replaced by real city blocks. Then it would be great. But no it is not that great.

That is why I love NY, but I love Miami because it is a paradise. LA is not a paradise.
Dear Sir,

El pueblo de La Reina de Los Angeles was founded by those diverse people. I dont know what your native background is, but making statements like that make me doubt you know anything about LA or California...which begs me to say...Please enlighten yourself.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:22 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,722,508 times
Miami, definitely. I would never live in LA, but could definitely live in Miami.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
DUH!!! And CA also produces MORE then NY could even dream of.

Did she ever bring up NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City