Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 09:54 AM

1,503 posts, read 608,192 times

Advertisements

Florida is better in all ways. Well, with Miami being exception
Weather alone is worth it, but it got other perks too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 10:52 AM

93,414 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Robinson View Post
Born and raised in Brooklyn east flatbush area. Moved to florida at the age of 26. I went back for a visit at 34 years old and just couldn't believe how dirty and how small its was so compact. I actually felt confined claustrophobic at times. Yeah I went in on some pizza went a got some real NY bagels coldcuts from a real deli and that was great. But telling the truth I couldn't wait to get the hell out of their my beloved Brooklyn the place I fought for my respect in where I bragged about for years was a big let down. I guess I got use to the pressure washed sidewalks the no debri beaches or the turdes floating by. I guess I got use to the flat roads where my vehicles have a greater life expectancy not like potholes everywhere destroying them. Yeah born and raised but I could never go back but it's in my heart and that's good enough for me !
Keep in mind that it is for the whole state, not just that part of NYC.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:13 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,386,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'll go with Florida. NYC is a VERY fun city, and can probably out do any florida city by 1trillion miles one on one. BUT I think there is ALOT more to do throughout FLA then NY STATE. You can drive 4hours north of Miami(which is argualbly Floridas most popular city) and still end up in Orlando, with PLENTY to do. In New York, I think it's different, upstate NY is nice to LOOK at from a nature standpoint but other then that.....well I personally think upstate looks kinda boring,besides the NYC metro, NY state looks like a place to JUST take pics, and postcards, but other then that it's kinda boring. PLENTY of tourist go to Miami, orlando, tampa, daytona ect,ect, but PLENTY of tourist go to, well...NYC, and MAYBE Niagra Falls in upstate, most of upstates tourist consist of Niagra Falls. But that's just me.
NYS is more than just NYC & Niagara. There is so much to do upstate. How narrow-minded.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I dont know? The New Yorkers i've met werent exactly the brightest, if you know what I mean. They didnt represent New York very well in the the intelligence catagory.
For someone who doesn't know how to spell CATEGORY, I'm not sure you should be bashing other people's intelligence

Old 08-09-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
That is actaully 50 50. Yeah Florida has great WARM SUNNY weather but how about the rain and hurricanes that come with it? And yeah Florida people may seem so nice and calm but they aren't really TOOOO friendly especially when they know your from NY.

But NYC is COLD and the people here are even RUDER and NASTIER so I think I will stick to the warm weather, hurricanes, rain and all the couple of SNOBS that hate New Yorker's considering all you have to do is stay indoors during NASTY weather and ignore all the RUDE SNOBS you might run into
This thread is about New York STATE not New York CITY.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
So many typical New Yorker responses. Get real defensive and bad mouth the other state. honestly, do you ever see Floridians retire and move to new york? Does anyone ever move to new york on there own free will besides NYC for buisness. Look How fast the cities in FL are growing in population compared to New York cities like Buffalo who are in decay. The only people on here who prefur New York are New Yorkers who has grow accustom to it. Ill be relaxing in paradise , while you continue to defend your state in the typical rude New York manner and wonder why so many people deslike you.
Your spelling is atrocious. Guess that FL education did well for you

Old 08-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
If you had bothered to look back at some of the first posts, look who started the bad mouthing. New Yorkers, of coarse . With posts like "New Yorkers are way more educated than Floridians". Im just defending my state.
Umm judging by how horribly you and Polo spell and write, I would wager that yes NYers are way more educated. Long Island schools consistently top the list of best schools in the country .. EVERY YEAR.

Why don't you go learn something?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:53 AM

626 posts, read 464,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Umm judging by how horribly you and Polo spell and write, I would wager that yes NYers are way more educated. Long Island schools consistently top the list of best schools in the country .. EVERY YEAR.

Why don't you go learn something?
Jeez calm down lady

Old 08-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
sou shouldn't say that
Say that you survived to the 25 who were killed. And i don't think a winter leaves 250K people homeless, about 80K jobless, and make 100K people automatically leave like Hurricane Andrew caused...

A winter may be a 6 month ordeal but the damage is a lot worst when it comes to hurricanes. And hurricanes or only a couple few hours!
I personally love blizzards. I work at home when it snows. I wear sweats. I drink hot chocolate (and some wine, yum!) and after I'm done working, I cuddle up on the couch with my husband and a cup of tea and watch a movie.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Here is a couple for Florida --- better Salt Water fishing, year round golf, tropical vegetation, Flamingos, coral reefs, Spanish/Mediterrean architecture, amusement parks, retirement areas, better politics, Florida Manatees, tropical fruit, the Florida Keys, mangroves, The Everglades, etc. I like New York State better but to say in EVERY category is kind of unfair. In fact you also agree because you contradicted your first sentence with your last sentence!
They have this on LI! In Merrick in the Gables area I believe and in Baldwin down by the harbor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City