Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 PM

258 posts, read 1,034,635 times

Advertisements

PA easily

Old 07-05-2009, 03:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I've been there only once or twice. It was really nice from what I remember, But I was only near the water, and that seems to be the case in a lot of Florida cities, esp Miami. I missed the bad parts.
You're lucky..I live near the Bayfront(one block) and one block from Selby Gardens....Great neighborhood...just many of the people leave much to be desired, in Sarasota. Like the lady who said my smoking on the beach...outside....a football field away from her stinks up her hair....get my drift...she could teach a course on the meaning of the word PRIMADONNA...LOL.....

Old 07-05-2009, 05:01 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
True......and Tampa seems better than Sarasota...it is full of rich, uneducated snobs...and everyone else plays second fiddle...also a very racially segregated city. It is like one huge gated community and no regular people are allowed or welcomed. Remember Sarasota has won MEANEST CITY in the country for a few years now...LOL... Take care... DO NOT misunderstand...I just reread my post....I am talking about Sarasota being snobish...etc. NOT Tampa...you seem nice.
Just to clarify.

By meanest city are you refering to the ranking as meanest city to the homeless? That was the only ranking I could find for it.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
But you have to remember that Realtors on here like to keep things like that a secret. Florida Realtors are starving right now, why do you think they are on city data instead of out there showing properties. The gig is up for Florida and they cant accept it. All I can say to them is that they better get used to it and their empty condo towers.
Just a quick question. You always go on and on about how much more there is to do up north yet you seem to be on here an awful lot. Why is that?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:03 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Just to clarify.

By meanest city are you refering to the ranking as meanest city to the homeless? That was the only ranking I could find for it.
Yes; but I use that quote loosely...LOL... I walk or bicycle or bus or cab around town...I always carry a backpack because of this. Some police and residents assume since you are walking...have backpack...etc....that you are homeless or a bum...so I understand exactly what those "polls" mean...LOL... Plus I have been severly harassed at certain beaches because some police here are very prejudiced. PS and some Policemen I have met here were nice. I also have had bottles thrown at me on numerous occassions , from cars, while walking and bicycling....That is part of why I get a bit defensive, paranoid, and negative...LOL...

Old 07-05-2009, 06:48 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampedeCity View Post
PA easily
I agree, Florida has lost this thread.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Just a quick question. You always go on and on about how much more there is to do up north
There is alot more and exciting things to do up North, however we are missing the all important annual Weeki Wachee Swampfest.

http://www.wwswampfest.com/Costume%20Contests_files/08a.jpg (broken link)
Photo courtesy of Weeki Wachee Swamp Fest Home Page

Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
There is alot more and exciting things to do up North, however we are missing the all important annual Weeki Wachee Swampfest.
You must be running out of material. You used that one already.

So many exciting things to do but you choose to spend you time on the computer?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,746,949 times
Quote:
You must be running out of material. You used that one already.

So many exciting things to do but you choose to spend you time on the computer?
Florida must be on his mind some much, he can't help but come on here and talk negatives about it to make him feel better because he is not here.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Florida must be on his mind some much, he can't help but come on here and talk negatives about it to make him feel better because he is not here.
If you would read, the thread is PA vs FL. So why would FL be on his mind? He is just stating his arguments on this thread. I would never want to live in FL... It is so boring.... and the heat ugh... can't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City