Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Texas vs. Florida vs. California
Texas 280 37.99%
Florida 123 16.69%
California 334 45.32%
Voters: 737. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:11 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,810 times

Advertisements

I never heard of Texas being called country living? maybe in small towns not metropolitan areas like Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio but if you say so, chances are your not going to find hardly if any cowboys in urban areas. Now slower paced I would agree it's not going to be like NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 PM

322 posts, read 614,390 times
Florida...its the new California lol.
Florida, California, then Texas. Love all three but I gotta go with the exotic and tropical lifestyle

Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
To me Texas IS country living, no matter how you look at it population wise, it is a southern state, in my book any southern state has country feel to them. Country traits to me, are white/republican/listens to country, and drives a truck, preferably a Ford and enjoys living in the ranch. I know the difference between urban, rural and suburban, but to me, no matter where you are in Texas, ( or the south for that matter) it all has the SAME southern country feel to it, I've been to Dallas, and Houston, Texas is a perfect fit for anybody wanting to live a rancher/country type of life or prefers a slower pace of life. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not for everybody.
I don't think you have been to Houston. I don't know anybody who has ever been on a ranch or could even tell you where one is.

Houston and Dallas are in fact not suited for anyone who's looking to live a country lifestyle. Suburban? Absolutely. But not country.

Everyone here is not a white Republican who listens to country. You have millions of blacks, Hispanics, and Asians living throughout the state. And every form of music is popular here, from hip-hop to classical. Yes, plenty of Texans drive trucks, but that's not the only vehicle you'll find here.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 AM

965 posts, read 1,884,956 times
Outside of the Houston area, the only people that seem to "fit" in Texas are white republicans or mexicans.

I find Florida to be pretty trashy, even in the larger cities. It's a lot more 'rednecky' than people think it is.

California is where I grew up, but it's pretty dysfunctional and jacked up. I'm glad I moved from there when I could.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon Delight View Post
Outside of the Houston area, the only people that seem to "fit" in Texas are white republicans or mexicans.
That's not true. There are several areas in Texas outside of Houston that have solid black and Asian communities.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,951 times
Texas for me...but wouldnt mind living either place

Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
This poster is a liar!!!!! Don't believe a word he says.

In one post he says he has NO KIDS. In another post he clearly states he HAS KIDS.

This guys hasn't been half the places he claims to know so much about.

In this thread he made it sound like he had never been to So.Calif:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...l#post19802197

In this thread he says he never lived in Miami:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...l#post20064638

Yet in this thread he says he just moved back to Miami (with wife and KIDS) after being gone for several years:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...l#post20823946

In this thread he says his is a SINGLE GUY:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...l#post19818333
This is hilarious. Somebody got pwned

I'd go Florida, California then Texas.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM

6 posts, read 8,305 times
There’s a great video that gets at the essence of the California vs. Texas debate, and it’s REALLY FUNNY. Check it out:

Official California vs. Texas Rap Battle - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM

635 posts, read 1,509,365 times
I base my selection (California) on these criteria
1. Line of work- its easier to find something in my field in California.
2. Geography- as much as I love the Atlantic and Gulf of mexico four their beaches, California wins me over because of the variety of the geography.

Therefor since my wife's from there I would live in L.A.

If I could I would choose Florida after only because I really love the cities in Florida they are all so much fun and I love how no matter where you are in Florida tour never more than 90 miles from a beach. If I could live there I would pick Panama city or Jacksonville for their ease of access to other major cities.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:38 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
My ranking of the three states.

1. California
2. Texas
3. Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City