Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian. View Post
You are right...I still don't get it. Chicago wasn't memorable enough for me to remember what the view from the loop looked like.
Here:

I don't know what city this is.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
I actually made a video of my night drive past that area tonite. I'm pretty tired right now but will post it up on the website in the morning. Have to transfer it to youtube.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:41 PM

26 posts, read 44,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You still didn't get what he was saying...he's talking about standing in the Loop along the Chicago River and looking up - like from the bottom of the canyon.
We know, we know. There is a certain point where if you raise you head the right way Chicago's Downtown looks really magnificent... I bet you all drive there all the time to enjoy it.. Still, compared to New York, even in those few pictures Christian just posted, Chicago looks weak...

Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 PM

259 posts, read 543,313 times
Now you've just lost all credibility.... It's one thing to like nyc's scenery better but to say chicago.s is weak is nonsense....even when compared to new york get yourself together lol

Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upper_hand View Post
We know, we know. There is a certain point where if you raise you head the right way Chicago's Downtown looks really magnificent... I bet you all drive there all the time to enjoy it.. Still, compared to New York, even in those few pictures Christian just posted, Chicago looks weak...
Opinions notwithstanding, I was trying to help that poster understand. Sorry you took offense to it...

Old 11-02-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
Now you've just lost all credibility.... It's one thing to like nyc's scenery better but to say chicago.s is weak is nonsense....even when compared to new york get yourself together lol
And who made you a judge of one's credibility? Compared to New York's, Chicago skyline is weak. I can't show it to you since there is no a way to capture the entire New York's skyline in a single or even a few pictures as there is more than one New York skyline, but in numbers New York has fifty eight hundred highrises and there are just eleven hundred in Chicago... Chicago's skyline is five times smaller than New York's. Can you imagine a skyline five times bigger than Chicaqo's? There you go. Chicago skyline may by itself seem impressive but compared to New York skyline is simply weak.

Emporis:

[url=http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk?id=101028]Skyscrapers of New York City | Emporis.com[/url]

[url=http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/?id=101030]Skyscrapers of Chicago | Emporis.com[/url]

PS. Go easy on unnecessary pathos, kid. You may have a different opnion but derogatory comments about another poster and his credibility may backfire if you are proved wrong...

Last edited by upper_hand; 11-02-2009 at 08:03 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Okay, my bad...

Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
And who made you a judge of one's credibility? Compared to New York's, Chicago skyline is weak. I can't show it to you since there is no a way to capture the entire New York's skyline in a single or even a few pictures as there is more than one New York skyline, but in numbers New York has fifty eight hundred highrises and there are just eleven hundred in Chicago... Chicago's skyline is five times smaller than New York's. Can you imagine a skyline five times bigger than Chicaqo's? There you go.

Emporis:

Skyscrapers of New York City | Emporis.com

Skyscrapers of Chicago | Emporis.com

PS. Go easy on unnecessary pathos, kid. You may have a different opnion but derogatory comments about another poster and his credibility may backfire if you are proved wrong...
No. Your first few posts were just attacks on Chicago and the posters from there.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
No. Your first few posts were just attacks on Chicago and the posters from there.
Attacks on Chicago? Is pointing out the fact that Chicago has five times less highrises than New York and as a result looks weak in comparison, an attack?
When has the city of broad shoulders become so sensitive?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:12 PM

45 posts, read 46,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You've got to be kidding...Chicago is a fabulous city with A LOT worth remembering. I know everyone has his own opinion, but come on...there must be something more to yours than simply not liking that city - a rivalry with NYC perhaps? It's not impossible to love both Chicago AND NYC.
LOL, since when was Chicago on the same level as NYC to be its rival? London, Tokyo, yes, Chicago? No.

FYI, this alleged "rivalry" that has nothing to do with the fact that Chicago in my mind was a blur. Nothing remarkable at all. I didn't mean to be rude, but I just don't remember the view from the loop....and I was there in September. Someone needs to post the photograph so I can refresh my memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City