Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Woah there kid, slow down and remember what you, not me, you said. You were going by population so Mumbai wins. And I don't know what source you are using to back up your claims, maybe it's the universal troll forum or something, I wouldn't know. Because Tokyo has a high population and GDP than New York and LA but I'm sure you knew that because of your posts. Oh wait! you clearly didn't, silly me to think a troll would take time to get facts I'm sorry, I'll let you get on with lying to us.

Wait, no ranking!? But your posts made it sound so much like there was because you were SO adamant about New York being number one and LA being number two but then you say there is no hardcore evidence to back it up!?

You mean the Cubs that still sellout every game of the year? What about the oldest and most storied NFL franchise in history? Or the greatest dynasty in basketball ever? But this can't be possible according to you because with all of your endless knowledge you come to this forum to argue this.

Go back to your bridge, troll.
If you're not already aware, you should know that you are arguing with dementor. "upper-hand" (nice, tactful new alias dementor) is simply another spawn he's using to go along with his basketcase full of alias (thefinalcut, advocusvioli, etc.). There is no good end here.

dementor-- how many aliases have you created on this forum? From that number we can easily deduce the number of times its been banned.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 AM

776 posts, read 1,672,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
But Chicago gets more visitors annually than Los Angeles doesn't it?
Maybe within the city limits but I doubt it if you included the entire MSA.. Lots of folks unfortunately never put Chicago on the top of the list of places to see because of misperceptions..

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM

15 posts, read 11,615 times
Quote:

Wait, no ranking!? But your posts made it sound so much like there was because you were SO adamant about New York being number one and LA being number two but then you say there is no hardcore evidence to back it up!?
To upper-hand's defence most rankings place LA over Chicago, like this one, backed by no other but Chicago Council on Global Affairs :

Foreign Policy: The 2008 Global Cities Index

Quote:

You mean the Cubs that still sellout every game of the year? What about the oldest and most storied NFL franchise in history? Or the greatest dynasty in basketball ever? But this can't be possible according to you because with all of your endless knowledge you come to this forum to argue this.

Go back to your bridge, troll.
If watching a team that has not won the title in over 100 years is considered an attraction in Chicago it only proves how boring and uninspiring Chicago is, how little it has to offer.

Yeah, all the people pointing out mediocricy and idiocy of Chicago are trolls and all people avoiding Chicago have misperceptions Open your eyes

Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
You will of course forgive me if I fail to take your statement at face value. It just so happens that I do not believe you when you say that such a thing is universally agreed. For instance, there are many people who would argue--with a degree of merit, I might add--that Washington, DC is either the most important (or second-most important) city in the country, being the nation's capital and the seat of global political power.

But by all means, if you can point me in the direction of some universally accepted study or report which convincingly lays claim to what you are advocating, I will happily retract my previous statement.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
And how is ANY city more important than the capitol?
Just like this:

Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea,

A state capital with some degree of control over the narrow jurisdiction of a single state is going to be comparable to the federal capital with jurisdiction over the entire nation as well as a bit of influence on the rest of the world through being in charge of the entire nation's foreign policy.

Ridiculous.
And somehow DC never scores high on any global city ranking, how is that possible?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upper_hand View Post
We know, we know. There is a certain point where if you raise you head the right way Chicago's Downtown looks really magnificent... I bet you all drive there all the time to enjoy it.. Still, compared to New York, even in those few pictures Christian just posted, Chicago looks weak...
That chick with broad shoulders sure is beautiful

Chicago's skyline is weak compared to NO skyline

Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That chick with broad shoulders sure is beautiful

Chicago's skyline is weak compared to NO skyline
That's what you think. There are five times more high rises in New York than in Chicago hence it is weak in comparison. Nice pix, though.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
You will of course forgive me if I fail to take your statement at face value. It just so happens that I do not believe you when you say that such a thing is universally agreed. For instance, there are many people who would argue--with a degree of merit, I might add--that Washington, DC is either the most important (or second-most important) city in the country, being the nation's capital and the seat of global political power.

But by all means, if you can point me in the direction of some universally accepted study or report which convincingly lays claim to what you are advocating, I will happily retract my previous statement.
How about Chicago Council on Global affairs then?

Foreign Policy: The 2008 Global Cities Index

Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,239,509 times
Right... because quantity always trumps quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City