Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best nightlife city
Los Angeles 16 12.90%
Miami 28 22.58%
New York City 63 50.81%
Other 17 13.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:17 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Those places revolve around nightlife. There is a difference when a city revolves around it vs a cities that are well balanced in everything and large.
Hmmmm...interesting. FYI, LA is LARGER than NYC (469.1 square miles for LA compared to NYC's 303.3 square miles ). So again, we have a city that is "well balanced in everything and" even larger than NYC, so using YOUR logic LA has better nightlife.

Why don't you just cut the crap and say "I'm going to choose anything from the East and never LA," instead of pretending like you were ever going to be objective? Its not like you're fooling anyone, its pretty clear you're just an East Coast homer/LA hater. Why pretend? You're just making yourself look worse by fronting like you have some logical system you're applying to your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 AM

648 posts, read 1,619,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Hmmmm...interesting. FYI, LA is LARGER than NYC (469.1 square miles for LA compared to NYC's 303.3 square miles ). So again, we have a city that is "well balanced in everything and" even larger than NYC, so using YOUR logic LA has better nightlife.

Why don't you just cut the crap and say "I'm going to choose anything from the East and never LA," instead of pretending like you were ever going to be objective? Its not like you're fooling anyone, its pretty clear you're just an East Coast homer/LA hater. Why pretend? You're just making yourself look worse by fronting like you have some logical system you're applying to your opinions.
I am not an east coast homer, I am not even from the east coast. I think Miami is better because it is a tropical paradise and LA is not. But everybody here says LA because it is more diverse. Nobody here cares about diversity, half of you are afraid to go into those "other" neighborhoods" and would never want to raise your family next door to foreigners. I know how the Americans are I have witnessed it all. Maybe it can be called the most diverse country but Americans are the biggest homers I have seen in the world. So do not say diversity to act like you are interested in other people, Americans are very ignorant to the world. And I am too. I have not gone to the best school systems in the USSR and I went to public schools in Brooklyn. You can claim these books but I can claim the experience.

P.S. I was not talking about land area. Who cares about land area.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM

981 posts, read 806,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Because not everyone is like you maybe?

And who says that acknowledging Chicago as a fun party town diminishes LA and New York? Going to Chicago to have fun does not mean you are choosing it over New York, it means you are going there to have new experiences.

There is fun to be had in the Midwest, especially when its nice outside.

I stop the discussion there once the "Chicago is in the Midwest" statement is brought up.
I have no problems with the Midwest - I'm just saying that Chicago appears to be more of a regional party center than LA and NYC.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I am not an east coast homer, I am not even from the east coast. I think Miami is better because it is a tropical paradise and LA is not. But everybody here says LA because it is more diverse. Nobody here cares about diversity, half of you are afraid to go into those "other" neighborhoods" and would never want to raise your family next door to foreigners. I know how the Americans are I have witnessed it all. Maybe it can be called the most diverse country but Americans are the biggest homers I have seen in the world. So do not say diversity to act like you are interested in other people, Americans are very ignorant to the world. And I am too. I have not gone to the best school systems in the USSR and I went to public schools in Brooklyn. You can claim these books but I can claim the experience.

P.S. I was not talking about land area. Who cares about land area.
You are absolutely incapable of arguing any point to its fruition. It's like discussing things with a child.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
You are absolutely incapable of arguing any point to its fruition. It's like discussing things with a child.
While I am not a child, children are the most truthful people in the world. I do not need in depth politically correct answers to make sure I do not step on any city's toes. I will spit it out. Americans need to learn to stop putting on fake fronts simply to keep peace with someone or some place.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
While I am not a child, children are the most truthful people in the world. I do not need in depth politically correct answers to make sure I do not step on any city's toes. I will spit it out. Americans need to learn to stop putting on fake fronts simply to keep peace with someone or some place.
Thanks for proving my point!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Thanks for proving my point!
How do you figure that I proved your point? I just proved my own point. You are afraid to call any place out because you know that it would not be politically correct to do so and somebody will immediately jump on the opportunity to call you out.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
I think New York is truly the center of nightlife because it is the biggest city that offers more for different kinds of people, but the city I think that is just known for nightlife is Miami.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,132 posts, read 7,572,838 times
From all accounts i've heard Los Angeles nightlife sucks, The clubs close at 2 which puts in the same category as Philly or Baltimore. It shouldn't even be on the list. My friends from Vegas laugh at the supposed "nightlife" that goes on in LA as if it's an embarrasment to the entire West Coast that such a large city would have such regulated and bland nightlife. Las Vegas and Miami are in my top 2. NY is probably 3rd (club scene there is somewhat overrated) but plenty of bars and other forms of entertainment to go around.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
From all accounts i've heard Los Angeles nightlife sucks, The clubs close at 2 which puts in the same category as Philly or Baltimore. It shouldn't even be on the list. My friends from Vegas laugh at the supposed "nightlife" that goes on in LA as if it's an embarrasment to the entire West Coast that such a large city would have such regulated and bland nightlife. Las Vegas and Miami are in my top 2. NY is probably 3rd (club scene there is somewhat overrated) but plenty of bars and other forms of entertainment to go around.
LOL, another post from someone from the East coast who's never even been to LA. It never ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City