Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 08:28 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,878,778 times

Advertisements

Chicago's my favorite of those three. NYC is, of course, a spectacular one-off, and LA has some incredible neighborhoods (but a lot of 'meh,' in my opinion). I just really, really, really like Chicago.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 PM

324 posts, read 668,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
And just another pro New York post from you.....
Yeah, how awful. I love one of the most important cities in the world. I love all three of these cities actually.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Fusing the two cities together would give you a total murder count of nearly 900 while NYC has a total of around 520 (2008 stats). Keep in mind that NYC still has over 1.6 million people than both Chi/LA

If you really knew what an NYC ego was, you wouldn't see any one give Chi/LA any credit the way I did when I sad LA/Chi had the edge when it came to topography... but hey, you look like you know what your talking about

I don't GAF about GPA
Even if NYC has more or less, it's not by too much.

And even after your rant, my vote still goes to NYC simply because I have a personal preference. It has nothing to do with my ego. Am I SUPPOSED to prefer LA/Chi for the sake of not looking like i'm bias or egotistic? It's obvious when somebody is being egotistic, and for you to quote me OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, is not using good logic.
To be Honest, Chicago and San Francisco would of been a better fusion (That's just me) I never liked LA much at all.
You didn't say you had a personal preference for New York you said NYC was the more Powerful city When they would be basically equivalent LOL, so it comes out like your saying it off your ego? You could had said I prefer New York more over LA-CHI but you said “By being a city itself, NYC is a more powerful city.” )

Also I said "Yall killing me with, if LA-CHI was one city NYC would be such the more powerful city. because there basically equivalent, Are yall saying this cause of yall egos?" meaning not just you there's serval East coast posters who are trying exaggerate air.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:39 PM

245 posts, read 214,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You didn't say you had a personal preference for New York you said NYC was the more Powerful city When they would be basically equivalent LOL, so it comes out like your saying it off your ego? You could had said I prefer New York more over LA-CHI but you said “By being a city itself, NYC is a more powerful city.” )

Also I said "Yall killing me with, if LA-CHI was one city NYC would be such the more powerful city. because there basically equivalent, Are yall saying this cause of yall egos?" meaning not just you there's serval East coast posters who are trying exaggerate air.

Just do some reading on New York, importance of its stock market, advertising, publishing and media business. Then you'll talk.
Simple fact that CHI and LA combined would still be less populous than NYC should tell you a lot. Wall Street, Broadway and Madison Avenue would still have no competion in the combined two cities.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:54 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Quote:

I also said LA/Chi has better topography- An opinion.
When I say it's a more powerful city I'm being realistic, America's money heart pumps in NYC (Wall St). You can fuse Chi and LA and imagine what it would be like but what would really be the case? I also feel this thread is a hope that NYC will finally lose something in comparison.

Am I the only one that feels the fuse LA/Chi would be a mess?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:22 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I also said LA/Chi has better topography- An opinion.
When I say it's a more powerful city I'm being realistic, America's money heart pumps in NYC (Wall St). You can fuse Chi and LA and imagine what it would be like but what would really be the case? I also feel this thread is a hope that NYC will finally lose something in comparison.

Am I the only one that feels the fuse LA/Chi would be a mess?
Rawww rawww! ) down with NYC yeah that it ) seriously yall are boasting and it's funny. NY vs. LA-Chi instead of posters talking about what they do and don’t like because they’re basically equivalent, east coast posters have a superior complex and trying exaggerate air. Got to love it.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
I think NYC's continued position as the sole global leader is somewhat debatable. LA is more or less the future, having connections to the entire Pacific Rim, Australia, and south to Central and South America (although these are shared with Miami, as well). NYC looks east to Europe and the Middle East, primarily. In the coming decades, LA will be the rising star, if that isn't already the case.
Los Angeles was listed as one of the cities in free fall. I think it is a little far fetched to say something like that when your state may be filing for bankruptcy soon.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 PM

370 posts, read 371,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Los Angeles was listed as one of the cities in free fall. I think it is a little far fetched to say something like that when your state may be filing for bankruptcy soon.
Whatever! I still said it, and I meant it.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
NYC proper is bigger than Chicago and LA. true
NYC GDP is bigger than that of Chicago and LA combined. : not by much, it's pointless
NYC still has more skyrises than Chicago + LA: true but chicago/LA with LA mountains
NYC still has more art and media companies (besides film) than Chicago + LA combined. :if so not by much
NYC still has more and bigger exchanges than Chicago and LA combined. true
NYC still have more journalism and publishing than Chicago and LA combined. : that going with the media which you already said
NYC has more theaters than Chicago and LA combined. : sure? maybe
NYC has more top restaurants than Chicago and LA combined. :I really don't know
NYC has better mass transit than both cities combined. :that cause of LA
NYC can still claims United Nations while neither Chicago nor LA can claim to host international institution of that caliber. :true
NYC is safer than both cities alone and combined. :true
NYC has more history than both cities combined and can claim being a capital of the United Statest at some point. :ummm ok
NYC has a stronger housing market and stronger job market than both cities combined. :don't know maybe so but ok
umm No LA is already one of the largest economy in the world by it self but plus Chicago…. wow. But just culturally Vince beach one moment Magnificent Mile the next! Rodeo Drive one moment the Chicago river the next. And I notice you didn't bring up the MSAs?
What was the point of posting this again? All you did was say "true" and "um...okay" to everything, not one being false. And add the MSA's, who cares. Los Angeles and Chicago MSA would have a slightly larger population combined than New York City's, and still have a lower everything else than New York City's. What are you trying to say?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Whatever! I still said it, and I meant it.
You meaning it does not make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City