Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 PM

324 posts, read 669,074 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is....... NYC can hold their own against Chicago and LA combined.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Rawww rawww! ) down with NYC yeah that it ) seriously yall are boasting and it's funny. NY vs. LA-Chi instead of posters talking about what they do and don’t like because they’re basically equivalent, east coast posters have a superior complex and trying exaggerate air. Got to love it.
Mhmm, and southerns and west coasters don't.. Ok and the sky is red, no green, no apple pie!

I'm not being egotistic. I've actually made a thread a while back venting my feelings toward NYC/NNJ arrogance I see on these forums.
And you can't sit here and tell me NYC isn't a more powerful city. Jobs pay higher in NYC than anywhere else in the nation, I can't even imagine how much money is stashed on Wall st., and the price tag to live in NYC (Manhattan) is ridiculously higher than Chi/LA. But why use logic?!

I never said LA/CHI isn't powerful (but you assumed I did for whatever annoying reason)... NYC is overall just the stronger city in this make believe comparison.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 PM

370 posts, read 372,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
You meaning it does not make it true.
And you posting against what I said doesn't make your statements true, either.

Again, it's whatever. I don't care what ignorant CD people think. Ciao!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
And you posting against what I said doesn't make your statements true, either.

Again, it's whatever. I don't care what ignorant CD people think. Ciao!
You do not have to believe my statements if you do not want to, but at least mine have some basis, you simply pulled your statement out of your ***, ironically at a time when California may go bankrupt.

You think I am ignorant? And yet the only thing you can say when you are stumped is "whatever." I got smacked if I said "whatever" to my parents. Talk like a man, not a 13 year old girl.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,101 times
People can prattle off as many statistics and numbers as they want. At the end of the day, I'd pay twice as much to live in Los Angeles as I would in New York, even if their GDP sucks or their bulidings aren't as tall.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
You do not have to believe my statements if you do not want to, but at least mine have some basis, you simply pulled your statement out of your ***, ironically at a time when California may go bankrupt.

You think I am ignorant? And yet the only thing you can say when you are stumped is "whatever." I got smacked if I said "whatever" to my parents. Talk like a man, not a 13 year old girl.
LOL!

Well, there's only one way to answer a post like this: Whatever!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
People can prattle off as many statistics and numbers as they want. At the end of the day, I'd pay twice as much to live in Los Angeles as I would in New York, even if their GDP sucks or their bulidings aren't as tall.
I'll second this. You couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC over LA.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Jobs pay higher in NYC than anywhere else in the nation
Actually they don't, several metro areas have a higher median income than NYC, much higher actually. The SF Bay Area and Washington DC area being the two areas with the highest median household income in the nation.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:45 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Actually they don't, several metro areas have a higher median income than NYC, much higher actually. The SF Bay Area and Washington DC area being the two areas with the highest median household income in the nation.
True, true. I knew that, but I was kind of referring to Manhattan since numerous Manhattan zip codes are the wealthiest in the nation 100 wealthiest cities (according to zip code) in the United States

Last edited by BPerone201; 04-21-2010 at 11:11 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 11:02 PM

324 posts, read 669,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
No, they do. A person would need to look at average salary per person, not household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City