Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times

Advertisements

I am pulling for the SEC, it will helps us get back to our long lost Southern roots. Who knows, we may even get a fan or two from KY to jump on the bandwagon.

Go Tigers!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Big 10 all the way. Much better academic fit as well.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I am pulling for the SEC, it will helps us get back to our long lost Southern roots. Who knows, we may even get a fan or two from KY to jump on the bandwagon.

Go Tigers!!!!
Overall, I think the Big 10 would be a better "fit" but as a football fan I would absolutely love the SEC. And if we have an offer from the SEC on the table when the big 12 finally unravels we better jump on it and not try to hope for a last minute big 10 invite.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
It's getting a head of steam...

Tentative plan for Mizzou to join SEC, Auburn would move to East, sources say | al.com

I am PO'd at the B1G for the way they handled Mizzou last year,
they didn't want Mizzou then so the Tigers should move on.

I think the SEC would be way more fun for travel. Instead of heading North to the frozen tundra they would be playing in the best football conference in some beautiful locations.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:

Tentative plan for Mizzou to join SEC, Auburn would move to East, sources say | al.com

I think the SEC would be way more fun for travel. Instead of heading North to the frozen tundra they would be playing in the best football conference in some beautiful locations.
Nononononononono!!!!!!!!
If Mizzou comes to the SEC I will not be on speaking terms with my husband for the entirety of football season!

Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 PM

694 posts, read 1,357,200 times
As long as we get to whoop on Kansas at least once each year, does the rest of the season really matter?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
As long as we get to whoop on Kansas at least once each year, does the rest of the season really matter?

-says Nebraska in a whisper-

Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,414,027 times
Quote:

Somewhat of a tangent, but as a B10 fan, I was not pleased at all with how that was handled last year either. The conference seems to be overly cautious about expansion, opting for the current high dollar area (Nebraska) rather than looking to see where they have the potential for $$$ further down the road.

Nebraska football is a great brand, but with the southern part of the US growing, the universities (and sports programs) down there will continue to become more important nationally in relative terms. The conference missed a huge chance to expand geographically to gain additional markets they aren't going to get in the immediate Great Lakes region.

Besides Nebraska: Missou, Kansas, and Oklahoma would have jumped. That's 15. Pitt and Syracuse would have too, adding more eastern exposure. Make it 17. At that point, teams would have lost non-con matchups, which would have put ND into a scheduling bind (they play Pitt, Purdue, MSU and Michigan this year). ND would have been forced to join as #18.

3 divisions of 6 in weeks 4 to 8. Make the schedule fluid for weeks 9-12. If you finish in the top 2 of your division, you play the other 4 teams finishing in the top 2 in the other 2 division. Middle 2 play other middle 2s. Bottom 2s play bottom 2s. A lot of excitement at the end of the year, and teams get to play at their level of comp.

TV would eat up a group of teams like Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St. and Ohio State playing each other every week at the end of the year. A group of matchups with Missou, Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan St. would be entertaining as well.

Oh well.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Nononononononono!!!!!!!!
If Mizzou comes to the SEC I will not be on speaking terms with my husband for the entirety of football season!
As an avid SEC Tennessee Vols fan, I look forward to Missouri joining the SEC. Quality competition like Mizzou can only make us better!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Nononononononono!!!!!!!!
^^And I wouldnt mind seeing her^^^^in a Mizzou cheerleaders outfit!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football