Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 03:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times

Advertisements

Well from the ESPN story about the taped phone conversation between Fine's wife and his first accuser it seems pretty plain that SHE knew what was going on--
and pretty much washed her hands of any responsibility to come forward with her knowledge of his guilt when the young man first made complaints to the public...
I know legally the state cannot compel her to testify against her husband but if she concealed the knowledge of his guilty acts then to me she becomes an accessory and should be charged...
although I guess the statute of limitations ran out on her too
so the court of pulbic opinion will have to take action

Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM

just sad commentary on the pervasive encroachment of pedophile behavior in people who are using their proximity to sports as part of how they maintain their abusive behavior
and how the entrenched power that be--whether they are legal, professional, educational, et al--refuse to value children more than other aspects of society that more directly effect themselves, their livelyhood, professions...

I do think Paterno had knowledge of Sandusky's behavior--before the late 90s--even if it was only gossip--
just like Fine's activities were probably known to more people than just him and the boys he abused...

and if the facts were known there are probably many more coaches in football programs that are there because it is a tactical decision to use it as protective coloration of their abusive activities...
pedophiles can't be erraticated from our society--because there are always deviates in any type of population pool
I am just really sorry for all the men who might be accused where there is no real guilt

Old 12-01-2011, 12:22 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times
Heard that the coaches used to shower with the players....and rub there shoulders if they had a bad game. I thought that was creepy as hell when I heard it.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,273,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Heard that the coaches used to shower with the players....and rub there shoulders if they had a bad game. I thought that was creepy as hell when I heard it.
Post-game rubdowns are common in football programs with a big enough budget to hire a platoon of physical therapists, regardless of whether they had good or bad games. These guys get the ever-loving s#*t beat out of them during a game and post-game physical therapy serves a legitimate purpose. Coaches giving shoulder rubs to players as a consolation? I'm calling BS on this one. The presumed facts of this situation are creepy enough without picking up goofy crap like this and running with it.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM

I agree--
There was someone who was a grad assistant (like McQueary) at Penn State who said on his blog that PSU coaches would shower en mass after practice and games--but nothing about coaches and players together showering--
so I too think this is just blowing someone's comment or perception out of reality

I am much more concerned about what Sandusky's attorney put in the media earlier today
Sandusky lawyer: Alleged shower victim said there was no sexual contact - CNN.com

IF they have managed to come up with young man who is willing to testify that HE is the shower boy from McQueary's story--who can prove he is not???
Not McQueary the eyewitness to the incident and certainly not anyone with PSU like Paterno or Curley who never even tried to get the name of the boy supposedly in the shower...

that is where this case really starts to fall apart--
while the jury may WANT to believe that Sandusky is guilty--testimony that is long past the shelf life of the incident in question is just ephemeral compared to physical proof--
a shirt with Sandusky's semen on it
trophy photos of boys naked
that is EVIDENCE in the eyes of a jury that is beyond reasonable doubt

none of the parents of these boys ever took them to a doctor/ER because of pain/bleeding/injuries--
as far as I know there has been no reports of any substantive medical histories AT THE TIME the abuse was occurring
no one has found any cache of trophies Sandusky was hiding that shows him and these boys in sexual contact

so this is just going to boil down to testimony--and Sandusky's attorney might not have a national reputation like the ones that OK Simpson used--but I have read local articles that say he is a very good defense attorney who should not be dismissed as a hick from the hinterlands...

I definitely think Sandusky is guilty--but I think the prosecution is going to be pushed into a corner if it can't come up with some physical evidence linking Sandusky with these boys--
even the fact that he took them on trips and they stayed in same hotel room only takes you so far on the guilt train...

Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times
Default Sandusky PR Machine Rolls Out

Who could blame the warm, engaging, santa claus who denies it never happened? Don't ya feel a little guilty blaming the big lummox who in the final analysis thanks his dog?

Such is the case in a four hour interview which aired yesterday. Even I must be impressed by the white and blue cardigan, the wisp of white hair and the aw shucks ma presentation. Picture perfect.

Except...There is an eyewitness who saw this monster in big ten colors giving it to a 10 year old boy in the shower from behind.

What are we to think? Who is telling the truth? Does he deserve his day in court or not?

Denial squared. The hallmark of a dependence on alcohol, sexual perversion, and illegal activity is denial. Because to the perp simply put, it works. Much easier in the mind to deny it than to confront it.

Aw shucks man, I didn't mean to do anything wrong.

What he is really doing is as calculated a campaign. Exploit the weaknesses of the victims and destroy the accusers through being the same old good boy he has been. I mean really, his dog loves him? Seriously? They did not come out a month ago. Nope...it's Christmas. The land of good will and good cheer. Calculated, on track PR.

Except...the now men who were raped have come forward to say it happened.

It's on. The battle for the heart and soul of truth.

40 counts of rape and child molestation

vs.

the old soft spoken man who never grew up and never knew anything was wrong.

See the split, the distance between the two viewpoints.

To bad. He is going to take many more people down with him. A sadist, a monster rolling out the circus at Christmas.

Let justice be done.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM

18,230 posts, read 25,887,766 times
It's been a tad quiet the last couple days but I thought I'd remind the posters who aren't active in the 2 football forums that I look at the posts very closely due to the nature of the thread.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Post-game rubdowns are common in football programs with a big enough budget to hire a platoon of physical therapists, regardless of whether they had good or bad games. These guys get the ever-loving s#*t beat out of them during a game and post-game physical therapy serves a legitimate purpose. Coaches giving shoulder rubs to players as a consolation? I'm calling BS on this one. The presumed facts of this situation are creepy enough without picking up goofy crap like this and running with it.
Sorry, not piling on but I was told this by a few Penn State alums some years back. This is different than physical therapy, which is legitimate.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times
The warm and fuzzy interview so incensed his victims they are all going to appear and testify at the preliminary hearing. Sounds like this DA knows how to fight back

Penn State Nittany Lions scandal -- All eight Jerry Sandusky accusers reportedly to testify - ESPN

Last edited by AADAD; 12-06-2011 at 08:44 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM

what about McQueary--will he testify at the hearing?
and does Amendola get to cross-examine?

This is something he is probably looking forward to --he can start to intimidate the witnesses and attempt to shake their testimony--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football