Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 03:05 PM

455 posts, read 651,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Alabama crushes Clemson, 52-17.
Shouldn't you be off poisoning a tree somewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 03:13 PM

465 posts, read 418,229 times
Default Bama fan...not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
This years CFP played out poorly and its not the committees fault. The teams that should be in the CFP simply lost. Enough of my whining.

After watching the final four, I don't see how Clemson can hang with Alabama. Actually I would like for Clemson to win but I don't see it with their mediocre quarterback, defense and running game.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
This years CFP played out poorly and its not the committees fault. The teams that should be in the CFP simply lost. Enough of my whining.

After watching the final four, I don't see how Clemson can hang with Alabama. Actually I would like for Clemson to win but I don't see it with their mediocre quarterback, defense and running game.
Clemson has a fantastic QB good offensive/defensive lines and probably the best secondary in college football.

I still think Alabama will win, probably by a few touchdowns, but let's be real. Clemson is very good. But I think Bama will be able to run on them effectively.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:19 PM

806 posts, read 958,428 times
Quote:
Alabama crushes Clemson, 52-17.
Then I guess you'll be putting your money where your mouth is then?? Nothing short of your life's savings on Bama -7.

I'll be on Clemson ML +250.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:29 PM

806 posts, read 958,428 times
Quote:

WTH?

Do you know Clemson QB Watson was a Heisman finalist? Defense was ranked 8th in the nation and shut out an explosive OU offense the entire second half? 300 yards rushing from Watson and Gallman in the game and 2,500 yds during reg season.

Sounds like you don't have a clue.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:39 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
Thanks a lot, Harvey Updyke. Now almost every Alabama fan on earth will be stereotyped as tree poisoners.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:25 PM

455 posts, read 651,490 times
Quote:
By losing, the teams that "should be" in the playoff, aren't. That's how competitive sports work. I guess you didn't know that...

Quote:
Actually I would like for Clemson to win but I don't see it with their mediocre quarterback, defense and running game.
OK I get it, you don't actually watch football... *still laughing*

Old 01-01-2016, 05:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well, yeah, but much of that is because Alabama, especially their front 7, is really, really good.

Clemson is a better team than MSU, but I think Bama will win by a couple of touchdowns. Alabama will still have the dominant front 7, and will disrupt the Clemson running game. And Bama secondary has been fantastic in the second half of the season. They're super-young, but came on strong late. They're nothing like the dumpster fire secondary that got torched bad last year by OSU.

I think Bama on offense will be totally different than against MSU, though. Clemson has a much better secondary than MSU, but a worse front 7. I think Bama will feed Henry and Drake big-time.
No, Michigan State did not show up to play football and made Alabama look better. Did you watch the game? I did.

Alabama will have a different game against Clemson.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
I just told you why. Tenn did the same thing and lost because they didn't go for two.You always go for 2 in the fourth in that situation because whether you fail the 2pt attempt or make the PAT, 3 TDs (& 3 PATs) will still beat you.
No, you stated that a two-point conversion is better than the extra point field goal and did not provide logical reasoning.

Tennessee lost today? Please enlighten me why they won the Outback Bowl defeating Northwestern 45-6.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:

Clemson has done very well with their quarterback, their defense, and their running game. They have played better than Michigan State, who barely defeated Iowa State to win the Big Ten Conference and imploded against Alabama in the Cotton Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football