Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

I think Cuse would beat Kentucky easily....they can move the ball. Kentucky doesn't pass the eye test for me.

I think all of the SEC teams could have had 2 or more losses in the ACC this year except Alabama. No team in the SEC is built like Clemson. Your assumption is that because Clemson went undefeated against ACC, SEC teams could do it and this is even after Clemson thumped Alabama.

I do think NCSU and Cuse with QBs that will play in the NFL could beat teams like Kentucky, Florida and LSU. Last year's NCSU was great and they put a ton of players into the NFL. I'm pretty sure you couldn't name a player on their roster b/c you don't watch the ACC.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 01-12-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I think Cuse would beat Kentucky easily....they can move the ball. Kentucky doesn't pass the eye test for me.

I think all of the SEC teams could have had 2 or more losses in the ACC this year except Alabama.
I asked if Syracuse could beat Georgia or LSU, not Kentucky!

While I think both Kentucky and Syracuse were similar in overachieving and exceeding expectations this year, Kentucky was probably the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC, while Syracuse was the probably the 2nd best team in the ACC, so yes, I agree Syracuse would and should beat Kentucky.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I asked if Syracuse could beat Georgia or LSU, not Kentucky!

Kentucky was probably the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC, while Syracuse was the probably the 2nd best team in the ACC, so yes, I agree Syracuse would beat Kentucky.
LSU couldn't stop Texas AM from scoring in mulitiple overtimes. LSU didn't have a dynamic offense this year.

I'm pretty sure Cuse could score on them.

BC was having a good season but got hurt by injuries. They have one of the best RBs in the country.

That Pitt team that won at Clemson 2 years ago was a great team. Had a NFL QB and RB. One of the highest scoring teams in the country. I doubt you even know that.

LSU noticed b/c they hired Pitt's OC from that year.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 01-12-2019 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 PM

I'm at the point where I support SEC having its own 4 team SEC only playoff for the national title and the rest of the conferences can have another 4 team playoff to determine the ROY Rest of Ya'll champ that year.

That way we won't have to hear SEC is superior arguments anymore. A few days after Clemson beats the team described by SEC fans as the best ever, people are still asserting the SEC is superior conference. Cuse played Clemson tougher at Clemson. SC lost 28-0 to UVA.

i think the ROY playoff would get higher ratings.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
A few days after Clemson beats the team described by SEC fans as the best ever, people are still asserting the SEC is superior conference. Cuse played Clemson tougher at Clemson. SC lost 28-0 to UVA.
That's the thing, I'm not basing my assertion on a single team from either conference, never have and never will, if I did, then of course I would say the ACC is the best, since Clemson is the best team in all the land, for this year, but that makes no sense whatsoever to do that. In addition, I didn't think that Alabama team was the best ever!

I try and look at the conference as a whole and look at every team, the good, the bad and the mediocre. You have people who actually get paid to analyze, discuss and rank these conferences objectively, and even they don't say the ACC is the best conference!

College Football Ranking Composite

86 different rankings in this composite, 86!, and not one had the ACC ranked as the best conference:

1st 0
2nd 5
3rd 16
4th 42
5th 23

Old 01-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Most of the people you are citing on best conference no doubt picked Alabama to beat Clemson.

ACC has never been left out of the playoffs. Clemson has been the 1 or 2 seed all 4 years it made the playoffs. The committee has the power to put Clemson at a lower seed if they think the ACC is terrible.

FSU had won the ACC 3 years in a row and beat Clemson 3 years in a row, and won a national title over a SEC team a few years ago but now people like you are saying the ACC is a one team conference with Clemson.

Virginia Tech has 4 ACC titles since joining the conference. I think G Tech has two recent ACC titles.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 01-12-2019 at 08:07 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 08:13 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say this was a typical ACC season, definitely down, wish more teams in the conference played better was a whole, maybe next year!

As for the bowl games, I used to be big on them especially back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's (probably before you were born), and I'm not saying the players aren't trying to win, but unless you are in the playoff or championship, I would take all the bowls with a grain of salt, especially now with players liking to sit them out and not get hurt, oh well, times change.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:26 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
Quote:
I'm at the point where I support SEC having its own 4 team SEC only playoff for the national title and the rest of the conferences can have another 4 team playoff to determine the ROY Rest of Ya'll champ that year.

That way we won't have to hear SEC is superior arguments anymore. A few days after Clemson beats the team described by SEC fans as the best ever, people are still asserting the SEC is superior conference. Cuse played Clemson tougher at Clemson. SC lost 28-0 to UVA.

You would just start bickering over who is the superior conference of the ROY confences. lol

Old 01-13-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
You would just start bickering over who is the superior conference of the ROY confences. lol
I don't see that unless teams from one of the conferences won the ROY title almost every year.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:59 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:

Overall, this year.. Take all the teams and add them up.. SEC is superior. And, I say that as a Clemson fan. Not by a massive amount, but.. Their teams were stronger overall.

Over the past decade.. It's actually pretty close. SEC probably still up.. But.. Whole lot closer than it used to be.

ACC just didn't have a good "Second Place" team this year. Syracuse is as close as it gets.. Unless you want to count ND.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football