Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post

Its vacation week. Isnt everybody entitled to a week off?
No, you're not entitled to anything. You know there are kids who are doing much better than you who probably studied this week, worked on a project or did some extra credit. Somehow they didn't feel entitled to a break. They'll probably get into the colleges they want and don't have 101 excuses for why their lives are not what they want them to be. But you are making your own choices and reaping the consequences. How's that working out for you??

It's easy to think you must be a troll but reality is that people like you really exist. Expecting spectacular results from mediocre efforts, complaining about your situation but not doing anything to change it...it's very sad. I do hope you are in the minority of your age peers and we are still bringing up kids with a strong work ethic who understand they aren't entitled to any more than they work for.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM

356 posts, read 808,704 times
school is hectic **** dawg...

i will improve. just let me enjoy my freakin week off. Its not like I'm stupid!!!!!!!!! I know what to do.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Lazy is worse than stupid.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
if you think high school is hectic, chances are you won't survive college. the ONLY break/vacation I got was during the winter break, and that's only because I was in between semesters. I hit the books right after eating my turkey and pie on Thanksgiving. sure, there are kids that goof off on Spring Break and take multiple days off, but many of these kids are slackers like you and end up scrambling to catch up on Sunday night. in college, you don't get all the vacations and days off you get in high school (for example, I had class today on President's Day when many high schools are likely closed) and even on the few days off you do get, teachers will bombard you w/ work. the students that excel in college and make it out sane are the ones that can balance school work, volunteer/work/ECs, and a social life and succeed in them all. you aren't one of these kids based on your grades and obvious lack of motivation.

you keep saying you know what to do and that you'll improve, yet you waste time goofing off on here and god knows where else. you come across as extremely arrogant and cocky when you are in NO position to behave this way. you claim you're smart yet make not too bright decisions when your entire future academic career is on the line. IDK, if this was me desperately trying to boost my grades in order to go to a great college of my choice, I would be using my spare time far more wisely than you have been. come May, you may find yourself scrambling to find footing and get ahead only to discover that you've fallen too far down and are basically screwed

but whatever, it's not my life. it's possible you could be a troll and I'm just wasting my time saying this, but like NCYank said, it's just as possible that I'm replying to a rather naive, cocky high school kid who has NO clue what the future holds for kids like him and I'm still just wasting my time saying all this. I guess I should stop wasting my time

Old 02-16-2009, 05:21 PM

How am I the arrogant one when I have self confidence and believe I can get my grades up and you guys are basically telling me "No You Cant, your not smart enough you lazy bastard". Its extremely unfair and kind of mean. All I asked for was advice and I get ridiculed for using the word retard in a sentence when I didnt even call anybody retarded.

I think I'm smart. I dont need people to tell me I'm an idiot like you guys do. Charles Barkley once said, "I dont care what people think. People are stupid." I know I'm smart. I feel like I'm smarter than most people just lazy sometimes.

Everyone gets free periods, everyone gets vacations. Everyone should be allowed to have fun. Its not like I decide when I take vacations. I didnt just wake up and say, "I feel like taking a vacation this week". This was scheduled by the school for the students. Everyone needs a vacation every once in a while.

And I'm not a troll. I'm 17. I go to high school. This is all real

Ok? good? We cool everyone?

Old 02-16-2009, 05:23 PM

272 posts, read 730,205 times
Another one we won't be bothered with in the future, unless we're in the parents' neighborhood.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 PM

Oh I'm sorry...

apparently people arent allowed to be confident anymor.e

Old 02-16-2009, 05:48 PM

272 posts, read 730,205 times
Another insightful analysis.

We've all seen a million just like you. The teachers among us have seen a billion.

You should do yourself some huge favors. Sounds like you've missed out in the adult guidance department. It might not be too late!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:55 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
Oh I'm sorry...

apparently people arent allowed to be confident anymor.e
I like that of all people you choose to quote Charles Barkley to make your point.

That should tell you something.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Charles Barkley is the man.

I pronounce the word Terrible, "terrble" in tribute to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities