Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times

Advertisements

You really do not get it... yet again.

Moving on, since you said you were serious about improving your grades...
what specifically did you do Saturday and Sunday to that goal?

Old 02-15-2009, 04:07 PM

356 posts, read 808,940 times
relaxed...

its vacation week.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:09 PM

You know what this whole situation reminds me of?

Anybody else seen that episode of Curb where Larry is trying to tell everybody he heard a guy in the bathroom call somebody a n--ger but every time theres a black guy there who thinks he's saying it as an insult to them. I rofl'ed every time.

Not realizing it would happen to me of course...

Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
relaxed...

its vacation week.
Proof positive that you either are a troll or you do not have any intentions of improvement....

I'd say good luck, but there isn't enough luck in the world for this situation.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:46 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,928,496 times
Quote:
You know what this whole situation reminds me of?

Anybody else seen that episode of Curb where Larry is trying to tell everybody he heard a guy in the bathroom call somebody a n--ger but every time theres a black guy there who thinks he's saying it as an insult to them. I rofl'ed every time.

Not realizing it would happen to me of course...
Think of it as being similar to calling saying something is gay.

Make sense? i'm guessing not.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM

Right thats what I said...

I didnt call anybody specifically retarded or say anything was retarded.

Its vacation week. Isnt everybody entitled to a week off?

Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
Yankee, you're hi-jacking your own thread! The last poster was saying that saying something is "gay" is also considered offensive because it's NOT used in a positive way. At this point I'm ready to edit your post that references the word retard just so we can get past it. Just take my word for it, the words retard, retarded and gay are not PC words and are not to be used in a casually negative way.

As to the break. I understand. My son is taking a break tonight too because he has tomorrow off (our kids get two days off for Pres. day weekend) but because you've been talking about how to improve your grades, we kind of expected you to be doing a little bit more. Oh well, if you have off the rest of the week, there is plenty of time to work on whatever projects and stuff you need to do.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-15-2009 at 07:09 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 07:09 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,831 times
Quote:

Not when your gpa is in the crapper.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:11 PM

When you don't study, are a C student and have an incomplete, from what exactly are you taking a week off?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times
Quote:
Right thats what I said...

I didnt call anybody specifically retarded or say anything was retarded.

You said that the local community college has a reputation for being 'retarded', and that if you went to this CC your friends would label you as retarded, which means that your aversion to said CC implies that 'retarded' equates dumb. At least that is how I read it . You also mentioned that Michigan would proclaim, "deny this retard" if you applied, which sounds like you were not thinking too highly of yourself. In both cases you were calling yourself 'retarded'. You need to drop that word and start thinking more positive.

You are a teenager, so I can understand your desire to take the week off and kick back and relax with your friends and PS3 or XBox or whatever, but you do not seem to realize something. You have expressed two desires here on City-Data: one is that you raise your GPA and the other is to be admitted into a top college. I would highly suggest that you use this time off from school to catch up your studies. You cannot wish your GPA up, it will take work, and from the sound of it, a lot of work. You also will not magically enroll into a competitive school simply because you express the desire to do so. You know what makes the schools competitive? The applicants. High school seniors from all walks of life who are busting their behinds to receive, and maintain, (near) perfect GPA's, and (near) perfect SAT/ACT scores, and committing themselves to EC's that would put them in the running for St.-hood. These are the kids that you will be competing against. They will not be taking a week off to relax.

It is your life, you will live it as you see fit. Just keep in mind that you have come on to City-Data more than once asking for advice only to wonder off topic numerous times in your own threads. Posters gave you good advice, choose which of it you will, or just continue on being lazy with your 158 IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities